It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 bonneville SSEI
Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated. I have no wipers or washers. My AC clutch is not engaging. The two codes I'm getting are P1107 and P1546. Everything else elec. and mech. seem to be working. Any ideas on this problem would greatly help. Thankyou. Mark A.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: .
2015 Buick Enclave
2013 Buick Regal GS
Wipers could be this:

http://pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15390

P1107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Intermittent Low Voltage - Check the connection, make sure it is clean and dry and seated. It is located on the rear side of the SC. Close to where the transmission dipstick comes up.
P1546 - Air Conditioning Clutch Relay Control Circuit - Start by looking at the connector on the frond of the AC compressor. It will be just behind the pulley and belt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

thanks for the reply. I forgot to add that I also replaced the AC clutch relay when this happened. It's also wierd that both things seemed to happen at the same time. I will check for damage to the wiper motor and circut board from theinfo you sent me. I also checked all fuses. All seemed to be fine. Thanks for the help. I'll reply after I check that motor.

SE Member
SE Member

thanks for the reply. I forgot to add that I also replaced the AC clutch relay when this happened. It's also wierd that both things seemed to happen at the same time. I will check for damage to the wiper motor and circut board from theinfo you sent me. I also checked all fuses. All seemed to be fine. Thanks for the help. I'll reply after I check that motor.

SE Member
SE Member

SE Member
SE Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:08 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

opps !!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:11 pm 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2002 SE
Those wipers can be a pain, I have dealt with them in my '03 SSEi way too many times, finally had enough of it after replacing the unit three times and it messing up again, I took it apart and dried it up good then used RTV all around the edge where it comes together as well as around the plug and put a line on the vent hole and turned it down so water couldn't just drip inside it. Been trouble free now for over a year, before they would die or start to freak out after a couple months.

Usually before the wiper module goes out, there is intermittent problems with it as well - wipers will run at random times for no reason even when the switch is off, when the switch is on the wipers will be jittery and sometimes stop for a second then start back up, and sometimes they will just randomly not work at all for a little while then take back off like nothing ever happened.

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH
1982 Cutlass Supreme - The fun one

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!