It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:11 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 82 GP
Loving the calipers. Those winter wheels don't show them off very well though.

2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab, 6.0, Z71. The project mover.
2002 Regal GS: 3.4 pulley, E85, and quicker than my old 99
1982 Pontiac Grand Prix L67, T56, GT45, T56, Holley EFI; It's pretty quick Mod list here

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:55 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
No they don’t! My bent 5s are sitting in the shed polished and awaiting some warmer weather. Can’t come soon enough, I’m sick of winter. Side streets have become permanent skating rinks and the potholes are so bad that I don’t even want to drive at night anymore.

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:59 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
I was using the E-brake in the Passat to navigate the streets of St. Paul yesterday, LOL.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:11 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2002 SE
Really looking good! It has come a long way since day one :)

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH
1982 Cutlass Supreme - The fun one

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:42 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

00Beast wrote:
I was using the E-brake in the Passat to navigate the streets of St. Paul yesterday, LOL.

Sounds about right, I was in a left turn lane yesterday. Came to a stop for a brief moment and my entire car slid straight sideways into the next lane! Luckily no one was there next to me but yea, its bad! The slush and snow pack build up has to be pushing 4 inches thick in some areas.

'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:05 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

crash93ssei wrote:
Really looking good! It has come a long way since day one :)

Thanks! Yea it has come a long way. Crazy to think I’ve only had it for just over 13 months! Over 20,000 miles logged and more money stuck into it than I care to add up :lol: Someday it will be finished but there are quite a few things I want to do yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:37 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Finally got my FWI installed this weekend! I bought it used last summer and now that it’s on I have no idea why I waited so long! Now I know what real whine is supposed to sound like haha, before all I had was a super faint turbo-like whistle when the boost was just right. Very pleased with it so far. Sounds like a shop vac on cold start up. It took a massive cleaning to get up to par, I don’t think the filter had ever been washed before. Used the K&N cleaner 3 times with super hot water before it was up to my standards. It was bent up and the filter screening is slightly torn here and there but it should be ok. The tubing was nasty also, rusty wire sticking out of both ends I cleaned that up with some degreaser stuff and cut the tubing back to the next coil of wire. I stuck with the stock boot off the throttle body so I could retain use of my current IAT sensor since every piece on the setup I bought looked so abused. I will post some pictures tonight.

Also, I am due for a pan drop on the trans. Wanted to do it at 100k and I’m already at 108k! Ordering a shift kit and new gasket from Intense tomorrow afternoon. The current gasket is leaking a little. I also wanted to get the ZZP aluminum pan with the cooling fins and drain plug but its pretty spendy and will take awhile for me to save up for it and I need to get this done sooner than later. How many quarts of fluid does a pan drop require again? Like 7.4 comes to mind but I don’t remember. Also, what’s a good fluid? Dex III is what the car came with but there is a AC Delco brand Dex VI out already on the ZZP site. Is the latest generation best or are the trans parts going to like the Dex III better? I also have what I believe are trans lines leaking, they sit just below the radiator and have metal tubing that connects to rubber hosing. I figured when I drain the fluid it would be a good time to get that taken care of as well. Are there fittings I can replace or is it all one assembly? Will an auto parts store carry it? Or maybe get a replacement from Andrew? Not the easiest of items to ship though either… I will try and get pictures of that as well tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:37 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

As promised here are a couple pics of the 'new' FWI install...
The PCM tray, not sure what's included for hardware when new but 2 of the 3 tabs were broken. I cut them off the edges and countersank a couple self drilling screws in the middle.

As mentioned before I used my stock boot that comes off the throttle body

Finished product, sure opens up some space in the engine bay!

Here are the lines that are leaking... :sad: They sit just below the passenger side cooling fan. What's my best option to fix?

And my newest issue that just occurred tonight. I'm assuming a sunroof drain line goes thru here? How does that piece of trim remove? Felt a drip of water on Monday after going thru the carwash but could not pin point it. Well tonight after another car wash, I found it... Thinking its disconnected from a plastic fitting and I just need to put a hose clamp on it or something, hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:40 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Couldn't wait any longer so yesterday I put the summer wheels back on again! Here are a few pics, maybe some COTM material. Can't wait til its warm enough to give her a proper hand wash, polish, and wax though!

The 17s definitely show off my new caliper decals better

And tonight I ran it thru the car wash quick and snapped a few pics before it got dirty again.
psst...hey Booze. Use this one :poke:

Another item that needs desperate attention as soon as it gets warm! Pretty much all the finish I applied last summer is gone

Feels great to have flawless window sills again though! ;)

Aaaannd this was waiting for me when I got home today! :twisted: Intense shift kit and new pan gasket. It looks a little daunting but nothing I can't research and get figured out on here.
Can't wait to get it installed and dump some fresh fluid in. Going to pick up some AC Delco Dex VI and new upper/lower radiator to transmission lines very soon. Image

Filmed this late January when it was -27, car sure loved cold air and made nice boost (pre FWI install)

And took this one yesterday, now whining as it should. I think I've got myself a pretty happy running 3800 :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:57 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
Looks good! Other than the messican chrome on the windows...

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:03 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

The driver side had a slight dent and some scratches, they were more a cover up than anything. Someday I'll get some filler and sand smooth and then lay black over the top like I did the sills. Most days I like it but sometimes I feel otherwise

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:08 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
00Beast wrote:
Looks good! Other than the messican chrome on the windows...

:btruestory:

Other than that, I dig it. Looks much better on the bent 5s.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:52 pm 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Year and Trim: 2004 SLE Premier Edition

2005 GXP
Those lines look like your transmission cooler lines.
Just replace them.
Just did it on my wifes 2004 SLE, no big deal.

Leon

2004 SLE Bonneville (hers)
2004 SLE Bonneville (sons)
2006 GXP Grand Prix (sons)
1998 SLE GMC Sierra
1991 Yamaha FJ1200
1983 Trans Am (SOLD)
1979 Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:01 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
The car and wheels look GREAT!! 0- BC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP - plus a handful of other Bonnevilles
BonnieBoy08 wrote:
The driver side had a slight dent and some scratches, they were more a cover up than anything. Someday I'll get some filler and sand smooth and then lay black over the top like I did the sills. Most days I like it but sometimes I feel otherwise

I could save you a ton of time and work. I'll sell you a nice set of those vertical door trim pieces for $40 shipped.

1997 Corvette | 55k | Silver Metallic | Z06 wheels | Date-night Hauler/Parts runner
2014 Town & Country Limited | Cashmere Pearl | 95k | Family Hauler
2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport | Black| 260k | Official Bonneville Hauler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Good to know. Andrew, are they difficult to swap out or no?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP - plus a handful of other Bonnevilles
Not too bad. Less than an hour for all 4.

1997 Corvette | 55k | Silver Metallic | Z06 wheels | Date-night Hauler/Parts runner
2014 Town & Country Limited | Cashmere Pearl | 95k | Family Hauler
2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport | Black| 260k | Official Bonneville Hauler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:11 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 SE 140,000 miles
Just read this thread all the way through, and the progress you have made over the last year or so is awesome! The plans I have for my car are kinna similar to what you have done.

I love the color of your car and the red "Pontiac" and "Bonneville" lettering on the bumper. Definitely a sharp looking ride!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:48 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Thank you! Best of luck in your pursuit. I seen your car in a thread awhile back, looks like its got some potential. It's never ending but the car finally feels like my own now. I'm pretty much done with everything cosmetic I want to do. Now I'm gearing more towards performance and maintenance to keep it running well for a very long time. Always happy to be of some inspiration. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:39 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2001 BMW 330i
ZSP Sport Pack
Moonroof
So YOU'RE to blame for the snow this week by putting those wheels on... [-X

- Titanium Silver - Sport Package - 3 Pedals - Koni Yellow/H&R Sport
2006 Volkswagen GTI - (gone) Tornado Red - DSG, Stage II~280hp/325tq
1993 Pontiac Bonneville - (gone) Purple Pearl H4U/SLE. Loud

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next