It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: APN UIM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:05 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SE L36
Someone recently posted a link to the new supplier for the APN upper manifold. I can't seem to find it now. Could we get this updated into the techinfo articles please.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: APN UIM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP - plus a handful of other Bonnevilles
bill buttermore wrote:
One of our members, Bill Berry, recently ordered an APN UIM kit and after being told it would ship the same day, found that the kit was out of stock and not available until next week. Because his car was in the shop and already torn down, he ended up buying a Dorman kit.

Because we have been a strong promoter of the APN UIM kit, I was concerned that the recent change in web site might have reflected a sale of the company or product line that might affect the quality or availability of the product. So I phoned APN this morning to find out. The new web site is only a cosmetic change. The company has not been sold, and there has been no change in the GM manifold supplier or distribution method, except that APN itself has moved from California to Indiana. I was assured that the GM 3800 UIM kit is one of their top-selling products and that they are (almost) always in stock. A new shipment of kits is due next Tuesday.

I was also assured that the image of the kit on the new web-site was an old one showing only one of the two reduced diameter stovepipes included in the kit - that they had not changed the kit contents. He said they would update the image.

It would seem that these recent concerns are not major and that we can continue to recommend the APN kit to our members.

1997 Corvette | 55k | Silver Metallic | Z06 wheels | Date-night Hauler/Parts runner
2014 Town & Country Limited | Cashmere Pearl | 95k | Family Hauler
2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport | Black| 260k | Official Bonneville Hauler

Post subject: Re: APN UIM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:12 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SE L36
Thanks heres the link if anyone else ever reads this and it has been updated in techinfo - i'm just blind.

http://www.ineedparts.com/auto-parts/intake-manifolds/gm-intake-manifold-kit-17806.html