It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:24 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SLE Silver
Good day all, my 2002 SLE suddenly developed an issue with the transmission. While making a U-turn and accelerating to stay ahead of traffic that is gaining on me, I stepped on the gas and the transmission jumped out of gear and then back in again. It started to chatter whenever I started out from a stand still and am in Drive. If I start with the gear selector in 2nd, it seems to work ok without the slipping from 1st to 2nd.. When in D mode, it will slip during its engaging into first and slip from 1st to 2nd with no issues from 2nd to 3rd or OD. I replaced the transmission filter and had to restore 7 quarts of ATF which seemed to help since it doesn't chatter any more, but it still slips. I tried Lucas stop slip and it did not help. I'm trying to figure out why it reacts differently depending on where the position of the shifter is. Also, when i cleaned out the transmission pan, there wasn't any metal components and only the very fine particles on the magnet. This transmission was rebuilt 3 years ago and only has 25K miles on it. AAMCO said it should've lasted at least 100K miles. Any transmission Gurus out there that can diagnose this and shed light on why this is happening with the different positions of the shifter? There are no codes indicating a transmission electronic part failure. Thanks