It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:30 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
do you just have to remove the outer cover to remove those corners?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:51 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEI/2007 TBSS/2004 CTS-V
mk04GXP wrote:
do you just have to remove the outer cover to remove those corners?

Yep, just heat them up til the glue gets soft and carefully pry the clear plastic cover off. Once its apart you can remove the reflector.

2001 Bonneville SSEI (His) - Gen V/3.5 pulley/CAI/SD Headers/ZZP 1.9 Rockers/90# Springs/Magnaflow Converter/HP Tuners/180* T-Stat/Trans-Go Shift Kit/TruCool Transmission Cooler/ F-Body Front Brakes/STS Rear Brakes/Tint/GXP Interior September 2015 COTM

2007 Trailblazer SS (Hers) - PCM4Less tune, E-Fans, SLP PowerFlo Exhaust, Hotchkis Sways, PML Tranny Pan, Powerstop Brakes,
"Big 3", Tint

2004 CTS-V (His) - B&B Exhaust, LS7 clutch, HIDs, LED fogs, Powerstop Brakes, Tint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:29 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Spent last night and better part of the day installing my SD headers and changing my intake/supercharger/valve cover gaskets. Got everything wrapped up and running good. Very happy with everything and love the look and sound of the headers My wife painted my valve covers and a few other random pieces in the engine bay, unfortunately didn't have enough time to get the SC painted as I needed to get the car to the exhaust shop for the down pipe. I'm sensing a Gen V SC in the near future :twisted: .

2001 Bonneville SSEI (His) - Gen V/3.5 pulley/CAI/SD Headers/ZZP 1.9 Rockers/90# Springs/Magnaflow Converter/HP Tuners/180* T-Stat/Trans-Go Shift Kit/TruCool Transmission Cooler/ F-Body Front Brakes/STS Rear Brakes/Tint/GXP Interior September 2015 COTM

2007 Trailblazer SS (Hers) - PCM4Less tune, E-Fans, SLP PowerFlo Exhaust, Hotchkis Sways, PML Tranny Pan, Powerstop Brakes,
"Big 3", Tint

2004 CTS-V (His) - B&B Exhaust, LS7 clutch, HIDs, LED fogs, Powerstop Brakes, Tint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:36 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
You are so fortunate to have a wife that will work on the car with you. Most of them hate it. I'm lucky as if mine even thinks I need help, she's out there like bantam rooster on a June bug - lol! It's LOOKING VERY GOOD! - BC.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:39 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

1oldman wrote:
You are so fortunate to have a wife that will work on the car with you. Most of them hate it. I'm lucky as if mine even thinks I need help, she's out there like bantam rooster on a June bug - lol! It's LOOKING VERY GOOD! - BC.

I am definitely lucky, no doubt about that. She will usually hang out in the garage with the dog while I tinker on stuff, its the good life I tell ya lol. Appreciate all the positive feedback.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:35 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Since my header install and intake gasket change the car has been doing good. I had install the original o2 sensor since I had installed a unknown condition one and was getting o2 codes for no activity on bank/sensor 1. Other than that its been doing good. Ordered some intake pipe/couplers to make a CAI which should all be here around monday. New tires to come next weekend, been putting it off long enough lol. Also put new vacuum hoses on the air compressor for the rear shocks and trunk, severely dry rotted and definitely not doing their job.

This past Saturday I got my windows tinted (20%) and LOVE the way it looks. I'm a sucker for tinted windows but it really complimented the car I think. Spent the rest of today getting one last handwash in before the weather turns for the worse. Here is how she is sitting today.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:15 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi
Hard to believe that was sold for $800 a couple months ago! Looks awesome!

Tune coming soon
2000 Bonneville SLE - Totalled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:05 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

MurderMitten wrote:
Hard to believe that was sold for $800 a couple months ago! Looks awesome!

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Definitely came a long way since I got it in August. Looking forward to the future of this car.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:18 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 1993 SSEi, Red Bonnechetta
2003 GMC Envoy SLT
I am not sure how I missed this thread but I can't believe just how awesome this car is turning out! I love everything you have done to it, great job!
And the colour reminds me of my first '93.

Cheers,
Adam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:10 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

labonnevillastrangiato wrote:
I am not sure how I missed this thread but I can't believe just how awesome this car is turning out! I love everything you have done to it, great job!
And the colour reminds me of my first '93.

Cheers,
Adam

Thanks I appreciate it. Next mod I'm hoping will be F-Body brakes if ZZP ever gets some SS brake lines back in stock. Unless someone on here can make a set?

Recently just re-did my intake setup. Ordering another 45 degree pipe to place the filter behind the bumper.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:52 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Spent today finishing my intake and re-gapping my plugs. I'm pleased with how the intake turned out and have around $100 with everything in it. Did a quick scan and was getting around 66 degree's on the IAT, it was around 49 outside. I may or may not get a coupler at the TB, it works atm. Below are some pics and a comparison of when I first got the car to how it sits now.

When I first got it.

Now.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:38 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Spent the better part of today installing my F-Body brakes. Overall it went smooth and feels a lot better. Ended up getting PowerStop brake setup from summit for a decent price. Still waiting on some SS lines and will snag a pair when they're available. My 3.5 MPS setup showed up today, early christmas present from the wife ;) .

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:30 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Since my last post I've been kind of slacking, but I did get a few things accomplished the past two week. Last week I went to the JY and found a GP 40th Anniversary that I pulled the spoiler, rool rails, exhaust tips, and badges for $45. A few hours later I sold the spoiler and roof rails for a $200 profit. I will be buying a hi-flow converter to put on the car since the original has 170k on it now. I've been fighting KR in higher RPM's and think the converter might be the culprit, if not at least its done. I'll also be installing the 40th anniversary tips on my car sometime in the future.

As for today, I changed my oil/filter and fixed my oil leak from my oil level sensor. I also removed my broken driver side air mix motor and set it to full heat. I'll be getting a replacement air mix as well as a blower motor. Here are some pics.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:05 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Last week when I was cleaning my car I noticed my driver side carpet was wet. So I dried it up and sealed my door liners up behind the panels. During the week I didn't notice any water leaking in between the door seals or anywhere else. Today I was sweeping out my car and noticed the floor was soaked again. I ended up pulling the carpet out and it seems to be the sunroof drain on the driver side. Tomorrow I'll get back out there and get that fixed and give my carpet a good cleaning. Pics for now.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:03 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Spent today cleaning the carpet up a little bit and fixing the water leak. Found the drain tube for the sunroof on the driver side had come loose. Will clean the carpet and interior up this week while I have it out and keep an eye out for leaks.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Oof, that is alot of water. I need to get clamps on my drains before this happens.

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:33 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

BonnieBoy08 wrote:
Oof, that is alot of water. I need to get clamps on my drains before this happens.

If you have the opportunity I would since it sucks trying to dry the carpet/foam once its soaked. I ended up leaving mine in the garage for about 2 days with a fan on it. Once it was dry I gave it a good cleaning.

Update time.

Left the carpet out over the week to completely dry and give me some time to see whether my leaks were gone. It rained for about two days straight and not one drop inside the car so I had the green light to put it back together today. The carpets didn't clean up as much as I would have liked but come spring time I'll put them again and give it a once over.

I also was able to sneak over to the JY and picked up a new lock switch for the driver side and some projectors from a caddy sts for my next project, Retrofits!

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:00 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Going to run those as fog lights? I like the looks of that alot and will be following along with your progress on that

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:58 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

BonnieBoy08 wrote:
Going to run those as fog lights? I like the looks of that alot and will be following along with your progress on that

Actually going to use them in the headlights. Pretty much like this.

post99424.html?hilit=retrofit#p99424.

"Big 3", Tint

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2005 GXP
I've been enjoying your thread and I have to say that this car has come out very nice! You keep giving me ideas though...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next