It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:27 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Supercharged SSEi Bonneville
Alright so I'm working on the Bonneville and so far I've replaced the brakes along with the rotors. Fabricated my own short ram intake with using a K&N cone filter with a heat sleeve wrapping on the inside of the intake tube coming off the throttle body. So far to my surprise there have been zero codes thrown. Thankfully enough while I was building my own intake I used the stock tube so that I wouldn't have to worry about relocating the vacuum sensor. During the entire application I sprayed the inside of the tube with a polynano heat resistant spray, at both openings I've attached a heat sleeve. This application has worked in the past for me with my 2010 xrs corolla turbo and my 91 MR2 , so I figured why not try it with the bonneville.

The next step that I'm going to be taking is replacing the tires once I come back from Florida at the end of the month, along with replacing the spark plugs and wires. Now comes the point where I have to make a choice about which plugs to use.
I would like to upgrade the stereo in my car and ditch the monsoon system, still haven't decided on what to go with. And of course I will eventually get around to doing my exhaust, once again I haven't figured out what I want exactly but I do have a general idea.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:38 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
It's not a vacuum sensor, it's the intake air temp sensor. The stock accordion tube is pretty awful for flow, so I'd get rid of it if you could.

Just use stock heat range plugs, iridium.

Sound upgrades are pretty easy in these cars, just know that you will need to dremel out the plastic behind the factory head unit if you get an aftermarket one.

For the exhaust, these 3800s sound pretty bad, so most people don't do much. I have a pair of Flowmaster 44s, and it's a nice level above stock, but barely louder for the most part. The resonator is crucial for keeping the awful noise at bay.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:20 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Supercharged SSEi Bonneville
So far using the accordion tube I haven't had a problem with air flow, or at least I haven't noticed anything. The replacement of my stereo will probably be more of a headache than what I want, but then again I'm sure it will be relatively easy once I get everything taken apart.

Now I'm unsure if installing Flowmaster would be my overall choice, I've seen some people at the track who had them and I just couldn't seem to enjoy the sound or appearance of them. Granite everyone has their own preferences. There is a guy close to where I live that does customers exhaust work so I might just check him out