It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:44 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Decided to take some pictures just before Thanksgiving, while the weather was a little warmer... I just got the car washed a few days before so it wasn't caked with the salt spray from the roads, and it was looking nice and shiny! :bwoohoo: For some reason though it decided to snow while I was at work so we had a nice new layer of snow, both on the ground and the Bonneville... so I went to a little abandoned lumber yard and took some pictures. Hope you enjoy!

Appearance: "Supercharged" 3rd Brake Overlay, LED Interior Lights, RallyArmor Splash Guards, Red Calipers, HID retrofit, black GXP rims
Audio: Nothing... yet!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Nice photos. The car looks good with the ice and snow on it. I'm thankful I don't live in it. I've got my "hands full" just coping with "chilly weather" (usually at the worst 32F). - BC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:15 am 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Ya, I love the snow... the only thing I don't like as much is the temperature!

Appearance: "Supercharged" 3rd Brake Overlay, LED Interior Lights, RallyArmor Splash Guards, Red Calipers, HID retrofit, black GXP rims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:51 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
Car looks good. Love that dark blue. Gotta clear your corners!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:11 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

I really want to, but seeing as my parents pay for my insurance he won't let me because if I were to get in an accident or something that someone could sue or something for having "non-standard" equipment...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:23 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 06 Grand Prix LS4
FINN444 wrote:
Ya, I love the snow... the only thing I don't like as much is the temperature!

I am the opposite, I don't mind the cold so much but absolutely hate the snow... Car looks great, though!!!

Previous, 07 GP SE, 06 GP GXP, 97 SSE 40th, 96 LeSabre Custom, 93 SLE, 90 LeSabre Custom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:33 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Ya, I think I like the snow just because I am young, but I love driving in it, especially in the Bonneville... I refuse to drive any of the other cars in my family when it snows because I'm not as confident about those making it through the snow like my car does... :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:28 pm 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Year and Trim: 2002 Galaxy Silver SSEi
Those wheels look really familiar to me!!!

2002 Galaxy Silver SSEi "Silver Shadow" 181, xxx miles- DD, tinted taillights, 10000k HID low beams, GXP strut brace, carbon fiber overlays, GXP door bezels and vents and Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, cleared corners, drilled and slotted rotors, painted calipers, Intense Stage 1 Performance package, smoked door reflectors.
2001 Galaxy Silver SE 119, xxx miles- RIP
2007 White G6 Economy 96, xxx miles- Wife's car, carbon fiber inserts, tinted windows.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:50 am 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Didn't see that post until now... haha it appears I wasn't the only one to think of painting those rims black...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:27 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Took these pics awhile ago, but forgot to upload them. Wish it still looked this clean, but I'm hoping to wash all the salty road spray off of it this weekend since it is supposed to be warmer. Since I took these pictures I have had a few things happen to the car... did the lower intake gaskets, installed a 180* t-stat, installed red silicone vacuum lines, had one of my brake light filiments burn out, and also had a bulb behind the display in my HU that also burnt out. On the bright side I am planning on ordering two LED brake lights and put one in each side on the back (hopefully that makes it look somewhat normal...), I am also starting my prepping and decision making as to how I want to go about "re-styling" the interior trim. I am thinking of getting some black brushed aluminum vinyl wrap to do all the vent trim, then I am going to take all the vent grilles and the trim around the door handles with black spray paint and some clear coat. I am also thinking of painting the knobs and the vent flow "turny things" (not sure what the correct term would be there :dontknow:) with black plastidip paint or else I might do them the same as the vent grilles... Hope you enjoy the little update.

I really love this picture, I'm not really sure why though... I think it's just something about that glare though!! :)

For some reason these ones turned out somewhat blurry???