It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Penny the 2003 SLE
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:30 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
Finally cleaned off all the winter grime with a nice deep cleaning. Also aimed my headlights up a touch. Still could probably use a re-do with FX-Rs though. Time will tell.
Need to replace my dash harness to regain my interior illumination, which means it'll be prime time to replace the ISS which is in real awful shape.
Gonna try and pound that dent out a little more. Andrew managed to get it out pretty decently on his Topaz Firemist flip a couple years back, which had a dent in the same spot. Still waiting on an answer for the GXP tails. Front end might get a respray sometime this summer if I can it done cheap through my work, which I should be able to. Brake calipers needs a repaint all around. Should probably do something about my gas door rust eventually. I guess that's up to how generous my boss will be.
Passenger seat is broken so I want to either find an 03+ heated one as a replacement or go get this one looked at somewhere. She will be getting a double DIN in the near future as well. Also got a whole bunch of Fatmat sound deadener and MLV sound insulation which will go in one of these boring weekends.
And a trans cooler. So many parts in my room. Should probably replace the fuel filter since it is original. The power steering system needs a flush too along with the brake system, since those are both still filled with original fluid. Trans will probably get a fluid change with a bottle of stopslip when the cooler goes in. Coolant needs flushing again too, didn't do a thorough enough job the first time. Could probably use an alignment after this awful winter and these craters Chicago calls streets.
Still really want to lower it, and find some GP GXP Alcoas. Unless some 18/20 inch TSW Nurburgrings fall into my lap with the right offset and tire. I peruse CL every day... Hahaha. My current tires probably won't be of any use next winter. Would be nice to have a dedicated winter and summer set up.
Other than that, just gotta keep wracking up the miles. Been climbing to 500+ a week recently. Hopefully nothing serious takes a dump anytime soon. Her 12th birthday is next month. Hard to believe almost. Sometime soon I'll break out my new Harbor Freight buffer and try to salvage this paint as best as I can. It did not have an easy winter, and I have deep scratches in some really random places that are through the paint down to bare metal. Oh well. DD status right? Here she is.

Last edited by nos4blood70 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Oh Penny.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:16 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 SE 140,000 miles
Looking good Carl! Sounds like you have good plans for Penny. What type headlight bulbs are you running?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:35 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Looks really good! Really hope to see you bring it to the MI meet!

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:49 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: .
92 SSE
92 Lumina Z34
99 Tahoe
03 PAU
I think I like this car more than my own somehow. :P It's reminding me how lazy I've gotten with mine.

92 Bonneville SSE | L67/4T60E | 77K mi | Med Slate Grey w/ Two-Tone Grey Int. | Low Miles Time Capsule
92 Lumina Z34 | LQ1/4T60E | 177k mi | Torch Red w/Grey Int. | Rusty In Odd Spots
99 Tahoe LT | L31/4L65E | 276k mi | Spiral Grey Metallic w/Grey Int. | Truck for Truck Things and Portable Concert Hall
03 Park Avenue Ultra | 212K mi | White Diamond Met. w/ Shale Int. | Southern Time Capsule
05 Acura RL | 155K mi | Carbon Grey Pearl w/Ebony Int. | The Super-Hooptie Daily

James May wrote:
Hello.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:01 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

nconti13 wrote:
Looking good Carl! Sounds like you have good plans for Penny. What type headlight bulbs are you running?

Thanks! Slowly but surely, getting it back up to par for myself. As for the headlights, I have a completely custom projector retrofit. First time for me so it's not perfect, but I may be able to get away without redoing these. Unless I can get a guaranteed buyer for them. But I won't deal with that till June or later.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/comple ... 0KggihKZLQ

BonnieBoy08 wrote:
Looks really good! Really hope to see you bring it to the MI meet!

Don't see why not at this point. She should be coming this year.

SSEiMan01 wrote:
I think I like this car more than my own somehow. :P It's reminding me how lazy I've gotten with mine.

This from the guy who just did a top end rebuild. :roll: :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
That silver looks so good! I'm with you on this harsh winter, as mine is looking almost as bad as when I first got it (the paint was almost grey). Looks like you have plans on getting her back in shape soon.

I know I was guilty of running the original fuel filter in my LeSabre, first changed it in '05! :lol:

And those headlights look so good too. Hoping to check yours and Will's out at the meet.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 101K Miles | Custom FWI
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:29 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Yeah, my paint isn't super smooth to the touch and overall could probably be a lot more shiny! Seems a bit more matte than it should.

My dad didn't do anything to her when he was driving her short of oil changes. So sometimes I still find myself catching up on that. It would probably be wise to replace the fuel filter particularly since I like to run my tank down to absolute fumes. But combined with the recent cold weather and heavy work load in school, I've been operating heavily on "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:31 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

92 SSE
92 Lumina Z34
99 Tahoe
03 PAU
I was referencing how insanely filthy my car is right now... I plan to wash it this week and do a thorough job of it and take some pictures showing how aged she actually is, along with the mods I've done, specifically interior stuff. But with rain and work we'll see how it works out. Also once I move we can work on my left headlight to where we're satisfied with it. ;)

92 Bonneville SSE | L67/4T60E | 77K mi | Med Slate Grey w/ Two-Tone Grey Int. | Low Miles Time Capsule
92 Lumina Z34 | LQ1/4T60E | 177k mi | Torch Red w/Grey Int. | Rusty In Odd Spots
99 Tahoe LT | L31/4L65E | 276k mi | Spiral Grey Metallic w/Grey Int. | Truck for Truck Things and Portable Concert Hall
03 Park Avenue Ultra | 212K mi | White Diamond Met. w/ Shale Int. | Southern Time Capsule
05 Acura RL | 155K mi | Carbon Grey Pearl w/Ebony Int. | The Super-Hooptie Daily

James May wrote:
Hello.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:51 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Yeah, I really want to give my car a good cleaning, inside and out. I polished my hood yesterday, but that was more of a test. The floor on my driver side interior is a complete mess, mostly from this winter. Need to give the carpet and mats a good cleaning.

But I know the feeling with the paint. Mine has a very matte look and sandblasted feel. This winter has sucked.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:57 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

SSEiMan01 wrote:
I was referencing how insanely filthy my car is right now... I plan to wash it this week and do a thorough job of it and take some pictures showing how aged she actually is, along with the mods I've done, specifically interior stuff. But with rain and work we'll see how it works out. Also once I move we can work on my left headlight to where we're satisfied with it. ;)

We don't have a lot of work left with it. It's amazing how much easier it is to work on anything car related when it isn't 12 degrees.

gweg_b wrote:
Yeah, I really want to give my car a good cleaning, inside and out. I polished my hood yesterday, but that was more of a test. The floor on my driver side interior is a complete mess, mostly from this winter. Need to give the carpet and mats a good cleaning.

But I know the feeling with the paint. Mine has a very matte look and sandblasted feel. This winter has sucked.

I also have what looks like a 4th grade science experiment happening in the driver side carpet area. Lots of salt and stuff, crystalized into little mountains. The sheer amount of salt and grime this winter overwhelmed my winter mats. Looks like Penny is gonna get a Haro style clean up this summer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:10 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2006 STS-V, 2004 GTO, 2009 G8 GT
That's like the drivers side of the 'Burb. It hardened and crystalized someway, somehow...

Anyway, glad to see the stitch marks are still on the front.

Retired Bonneville Owner and former GM Tech:
2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP: Black/Ebony *SOLD*

Summer Toys: Combined 827 RWHP / 877lb/ft RWTQ
2004 Pontiac GTO: Impulse Blue Metallic/Black/M6: lots 'o mods, 415 RWHP / 405lb/ft RWTQ!
2006 Cadillac STS-V: Light Platinum Metallic/Light Gray/A6 - Spectre CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Speed Inc. tune, 412 RWHP / 472lb/ft RWTQ

Daily Drivers:
2019 Chrysler Pacifica Limited: Mommy's new RGC
2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum: Kids new RGC
2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited: Sold to neighbor
2009 Pontiac G8 GT: L76, Sport Red Metallic
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500: Doeskin Tan - 8.1L Big Block... new plow truck
1999 Chevrolet Suburban: Sunset Gold Metallic - Daddy's winter beater and plow truck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:11 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Yeah, I've got to gut my interior, again, so I'm giving the carpets another good cleaning. I need to find a way to get those mats looking black again.

I could imagine it being worse up there in Chicagoland.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:19 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Maybe I'll take a pic.

2004 Pontiac GTO: Impulse Blue Metallic/Black/M6: lots 'o mods, 415 RWHP / 405lb/ft RWTQ!
2006 Cadillac STS-V: Light Platinum Metallic/Light Gray/A6 - Spectre CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Speed Inc. tune, 412 RWHP / 472lb/ft RWTQ

Daily Drivers:
1999 Chevrolet Suburban: Sunset Gold Metallic - Daddy's winter beater and plow truck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:37 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 1988 LE
2000 SSEi
So bout those GXP Alcoas i have a friend with a full set of his 08 GXP. They even have decemt tires i believe.

2000 SSEi R.I.P. Dead now :( INTENSE FWI, polished LIM, P&P supercharger, custom radiator, standalone trans cooler, trans-go shift kit (donating to the 88)

2002 2500HD Silverado with the 8.1 Vortec and Alison tranny. Likes to eat GT Mustangs and lots of tires, and all while stock!

yourgrandma wrote:
And thats how I got my mom pregnant.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:42 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Oh, Carl, I trust you stopped in and shopped while parked in the lot of the first picture. Your contribution will go towards the intercooler upgrade I wish to do to the Caddy.

Daily Drivers:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
If you bring it in June we may have to take a ride at night so I can check those bad boys out. Might take them off your hands if you like. How much are they worth to ya? We could just swap and you'd have a stock set to work with again.

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:36 pm 
Retired Admin/Techinfo Admin
Retired Admin/Techinfo Admin

Year and Trim: 03 SLE, 95 SE, 95 TS SE
Penny is still all goth chick and looks good... :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:27 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: '99 Montana
'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
Carl....Finish that hood.

The Fleet:
'93 SSEi - Twincharged + manual Build thread
'97 Camaro - Top swap
'05 STS - V8, AWD, her DD
'92 Trofeo - Fair weather DD
'99 Montana - top swap 3800
'04 Sierra 2500HD - LLY Duramax

Current project:
Something cool, trust me.

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

Gone to greener pastures:
'84 Sierra Classic - Twin turbo 3800
'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:29 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 82 GP
Looks good for a DD. Gas door rot is not that bad considering it sees Chicago winters.

Those zipties though..

2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab, 6.0, Z71. The project mover.
2002 Regal GS: 3.4 pulley, E85, and quicker than my old 99
1982 Pontiac Grand Prix L67, T56, GT45, T56, Holley EFI; It's pretty quick Mod list here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:35 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

92 SSE
92 Lumina Z34
99 Tahoe
03 PAU
What gas door rot? Lmfao

James May wrote:
Hello.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next