It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:25 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 00' Bonneville SSEI
03' Bonneville SE
Went to a bon fire at my buddys house a few nights back, and I stupidly parked behind a Pontiac Montana. Long story short, my buddys dad crawled outta bed at 11:30 at night and jumped in his van to go to work - obviously wasnt paying any attention or checking his mirrors, he backed right into it.

Took everything in me not to tear into him, all I could do was stare at my car. "Is this a new car?" were the first words out of his mouth, followed by "It's not bad at all!" :banghead:

Could have been way worse I guess, havn't had time to take it to my body guy for an estimate yet though. So glad the headlight wasn't damaged or cracked - especially since it's only been a couple months since I cleared the headlights and installed the LED's! I'm hoping the scuffs on the light will just buff out - not so sure about the fender though!

From here on out, I will steer clear of all Montanas & Ventures! I swear they've got it out for me, my first car (00 Cav) was backed into in the exact same spot by the same van - although the Bonne doesn't have near the damage the Cavalier did :)

2000 SSEi|191k|Galaxy Silver Metallic|Dark Pewter/Black Leather|Audi Style LED's|DRL Disable|Cleared Headlights|Blacked Out Pontiac Script|Drilled Slotted Rotors/Red Calipers|Chrome Supercharged Emblems|Dressed Engine|Bose Interior Speakers|12" Alpine Type-S Sub|Ported Enclosure|500W Rockford Monoblock Amp|Pioneer USB Head Unit|Red Interior/Trunk LED's|"Supercharged" Third Brake Overlay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:35 pm 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2002 SE
Not good!

Looks like an easy fix though, I could probably easily buff it out, I also have a good silver fender for you if you want it.

2003 Bonneville SSEi - The Black Mirror SOLD!
2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH
1982 Cutlass Supreme - The fun one

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:03 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Park Avenue
1994 Buick Regal Custom
I am always quick to play the insurance card myself. No use mucking about, get it done right the first time.

1993 Buick Park Avenue - 197k - Some odds and ends done - Simply won't die
1994 Buick Regal - 78k - Bone stock - Always ready for a good kicking
1990 Oldsmobile 88 - Gone to a better place

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:19 am 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 2000 bonneville sle , 2002 gtp
Thats a bummer,my bosses sister backed a van right into my 69 charger and took the back quarter panel out. Everyone seemed like it was no big deal.Hope it cleans up for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:38 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
That sucks. I agree, it could have been much worse. Hard to tell from the pictures on how bad the fender actually is.

I had a friend's wife back her Liberty right into the hood of my LeSabre one night while I was at their place. Couldn't get mad a her because the truth was, I needed to replace it anyway, this just gave me an excuse to to it! :lol:

Hopefully you can get it all fixed up right!

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 216K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow High Flow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | Cleared Corners | PIAA Bulbs | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 92K Miles | Stock
2009 G8 GT: 88K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Tough luck! Went to a buddy's party this weekend and made every effort not to drive my car there for this exact reason, $10 for a sober cab is cheap insurance haha. Looks like everything should buff out, Bonnie got off easier than the Cavalier for sure!

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:38 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 00' Bonneville SSEI
03' Bonneville SE
I'm not too upset about it now, the bumper was in need of fresh paint anyways - like I said just hoping the headlight will clean up! Cars in the garage at the moment waiting on a new front wheel bearing to come in the mail and I'll be assessing this situation this coming week :) I'll keep posted!

Cavalier wouldn't even drive because the fender was pushed into the tire lol Bonne def gave up a fight!

2000 SSEi|191k|Galaxy Silver Metallic|Dark Pewter/Black Leather|Audi Style LED's|DRL Disable|Cleared Headlights|Blacked Out Pontiac Script|Drilled Slotted Rotors/Red Calipers|Chrome Supercharged Emblems|Dressed Engine|Bose Interior Speakers|12" Alpine Type-S Sub|Ported Enclosure|500W Rockford Monoblock Amp|Pioneer USB Head Unit|Red Interior/Trunk LED's|"Supercharged" Third Brake Overlay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:07 pm 
Retired Admin/Techinfo Admin
Retired Admin/Techinfo Admin

Year and Trim: 03 SLE, 95 SE, 95 TS SE
I know it sounds bad..... But Large Car FTW... Hope to see it all fixed soon..