It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:32 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
nos4blood70 wrote:
The car is looking great! But you NEED to get those lights on… Hahaha!

Very jelly of that garage. Nice ingenuity pulling the seat back.. Who needs fold down seats?

I know! It's terrible, just sitting in the box in my attic begging to be installed. I'm sure once I get them on it will be amazing and I will kick myself for waiting so long. So many projects, so little time. I have a new factory radio system and an intake system waiting to be put on the truck too along with a temp display rear view mirror. And a ZZP trans pan waiting to go on the car too lol.
The garage is amazing and it was a huge selling point on this house. I am in the process of redoing the electrical currently and hope to have it insulated in time for next winter. You NEED fold down seats hahaha, this was a giant pain in my ass to do but it got the job done. I got sick of tearing it out so I just drove around with no back seat for most of the summer. :lol:

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:35 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

gweg_b wrote:
You've had a lot going in the last year and a half, Nick! The Bonneville is looking good! I still remember basking in your amazing, cold A/C during the 2015 meet. it was like paradise in that muggy heat! It's so nice having a garage, isn't it? Mine's just not attached to a house, and it's already filled with two project cars - no room for a Bonneville. :lol:

And you will get addicted to using that polisher once you get some quality time with it.

Thanks Greg. Yes the A/C in this thing is pretty legit. I know I was one of the few at the meet with working AC and I was going to take full advantage, I needed a break from that muggy nonsense for awhile.

Having a garage is amazing, this one isn't attached to the house but its a short 20 foot walk away. Mine is pretty tight as well once I put the Bonneville, the truck, and my girlfriends Regal inside. Luckily I have a large driveway and it's not a big deal to back them all out. Yea I can't wait to see the results of a proper polish/wax job on the car.

'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:25 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Well, I did get the A/C working in my Bonneville again, but it was around the end of summer (but stayed warm enough through fall for me to use it). The one thing Tim and I wish we could do is insulate the garage we use, but since we don't own it, I'm not spending money insulating someone else's garage.

Also, I just found out recently that one of my rear LED bulbs sort of went out on me again. It half works. Bright mode works (when the brakes are on), but the dimmer mode is out. I'm going to have to mess with it this weekend.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 101K Miles | Custom FWI
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:30 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

I caught one of mine not lighting up the other day too but every time since it's been working. If these go out too I'm going to have to try them from somewhere else. I already went thru the one set that was on sale and had to buy the more expensive ones. They went out fast. I only had the third brake light for a short period of time! Ended up buying some regular bulbs to get me by before the new ones arrived.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:41 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
I keep a set of regular bulbs in my trunk just in case. Yeah, if these go out, I'll have to look someplace else as well. The backup, turn signal, and interior bulbs have all been great. I just don't know what it is with those taillights.

I had some big LED's from SuperBrightLEDS.com in the taillights of my LeSabre, but in bright sunlight, you couldn't see them at all, even with the brakes applied. Those were the most expensive, highest count bulbs I could get in that socket size. Then again, that was around 9 years ago, LED tech wasn't the same as it is now.

You've also reminded me that I need to get to my suspension soon. 180K, and the only newer parts are the inner tie rods (I really need struts).

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 101K Miles | Custom FWI
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8