It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:46 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 3.8 SLE

I had a brief fling with this marvelous machine, but when my wife and I became Foster Parents it had to go (replaced with a Buick Rendezvous that didn't quite have the same handling capabilities). As you can see, the typical clearcoat failure on these cars was in full bloom, but I didn't care. With the 5Spd, AWD and turbo this little car was by far the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel. As a total novice when it comes to performance or other modifications (or anything mechanical really) on cars all I know is that it did have some aftermarket tweaks by previous owners.

The VW diesel truck in the driveway on the right belongs to my neighbor. Quite a rare vehicle I think. And the Solara in my driveway is what just blew its motor, forcing me to go hunting for a cheap, reliable, comfortable used replacement....

Hence the new to me '01 SLE that my wife is as I type this driving to her 3rd job at Lush at Woodfield Mall. So far so good!

Hmmm, here's a list of cars I've owned: Fiat Panda; Fiat Strada Cabriolet (on the list of the ten worst Italian cars ever); Subaru Legacy (biggest money pit ever placed on to wheels); Hyundai Accent; Hyundai Elantra; Hyundai Sonata; 2xKia Sportage; Honda Element; Nissan Sentra; Buick Rendezvous (blew engine, had it replaced, got t-boned a month later); Kia Rondo (blew engine, replaced under warranty, still going 'strong'); Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd (most fun I've ever had behind the wheel); Toyota Solara (RIP, another engine toasted) and now Pontiac Bonneville! I think that is it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:25 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Ssei
Did a child run out of the house and take the photo?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:52 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Ultra Magnus wrote:

No, a fat middle-aged guy waddled out of the house and took it.

You want a signed copy?

Hmmm, here's a list of cars I've owned: Fiat Panda; Fiat Strada Cabriolet (on the list of the ten worst Italian cars ever); Subaru Legacy (biggest money pit ever placed on to wheels); Hyundai Accent; Hyundai Elantra; Hyundai Sonata; 2xKia Sportage; Honda Element; Nissan Sentra; Buick Rendezvous (blew engine, had it replaced, got t-boned a month later); Kia Rondo (blew engine, replaced under warranty, still going 'strong'); Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd (most fun I've ever had behind the wheel); Toyota Solara (RIP, another engine toasted) and now Pontiac Bonneville! I think that is it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:02 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Park Avenue
1994 Buick Regal Custom
illimey wrote:
Ultra Magnus wrote:

You want a signed copy?

He's prolly just jealous that there was too much awesome to fit in one ohoto, so some bits had to be cut off to make it work.

1993 Buick Park Avenue - 197k - Some odds and ends done - Simply won't die
1994 Buick Regal - 78k - Bone stock - Always ready for a good kicking
1990 Oldsmobile 88 - Gone to a better place

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:17 am 
SE Member
SE Member

RJolly87 wrote:
illimey wrote:
Ultra Magnus wrote:

You want a signed copy?

He's prolly just jealous that there was too much awesome to fit in one ohoto, so some bits had to be cut off to make it work.

:btruestory:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:45 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 Ssei
Haha!

My cousins used to love those cars, 1st gens anyway. I remember the crank walk jokes and pics too.