It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bye bye G8, hello....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:30 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
DENALI!!!!

Many of you know, but for those who don't, I have been driving for Uber here in Minneapolis-St Paul. I had been borrowing my parent's Suburban, but knew that wasn't permanent. So I had some dealer friends do some searching of the auto auctions, and they found this for me:

It's an 09 GMC Yukon Denali, 77k, 6.2L/6L80E/AWD. Nav, heated and cooled seats, sunroof. Pretty much every option except side blind zone alert.

I already added an Airaid Molded Intake tube and refitted the catch-can off the G8. The MIT made a HUGE sound difference, the truck sounds AMAZING with just the intake and the stock exhaust. Looking forward to a good tune-up, changing all the fluids out for Amsoil, and a tune. Also have a set of 18" Denali wheels that I plan on putting something wintery on.

And yes, I did trade the G8 for it. It's sad, but right now money and utility are priority over RWD and fun. lol

Sooo, yeah, that's what's new for me.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:02 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
It looks pretty awesome. I'm glad you're not doing anything besides an intake :P

I'm sure your passengers will be excited when they see this thing pull up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:47 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2006 STS-V, 2004 GTO, 2009 G8 GT
I approve of GMT900's.

Retired Bonneville Owner and former GM Tech:
2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP: Black/Ebony *SOLD*

Summer Toys: Combined 827 RWHP / 877lb/ft RWTQ
2004 Pontiac GTO: Impulse Blue Metallic/Black/M6: lots 'o mods, 415 RWHP / 405lb/ft RWTQ!
2006 Cadillac STS-V: Light Platinum Metallic/Light Gray/A6 - Spectre CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Speed Inc. tune, 412 RWHP / 472lb/ft RWTQ

Daily Drivers:
2019 Chrysler Pacifica Limited: Mommy's new RGC
2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum: Kids new RGC
2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited: Sold to neighbor
2009 Pontiac G8 GT: L76, Sport Red Metallic
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500: Doeskin Tan - 8.1L Big Block... new plow truck
1999 Chevrolet Suburban: Sunset Gold Metallic - Daddy's winter beater and plow truck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:48 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

nos4blood70 wrote:
It looks pretty awesome. I'm glad you're not doing anything besides an intake :P

I'm sure your passengers will be excited when they see this thing pull up.

You are right about not doing anything besides an intake. The intake might just get belt driven some day, though.... :D

And yes Lane, I knew you'd approve.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:15 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

You know what's funny... Every morning, I take the critters to school. I have been teaching them the generations of GM SUV's (trucks too),

So now everyone we pass, passes us, going the other way, in driveways, etc... "900", "K2YG", "800", "400 just like ours..." It's like a battle between the two in the back seat.

So today at school, Bryan (my son), gets out of the Caddy, and a K2YG pulled in next to us, and he gets out and yells "Gorgeous K2YG Denali..." The mother looked at him like "WTF!!!" :)

What's even better... They drive my wife crazy when they're in the RGC with her, calling them out.

2004 Pontiac GTO: Impulse Blue Metallic/Black/M6: lots 'o mods, 415 RWHP / 405lb/ft RWTQ!
2006 Cadillac STS-V: Light Platinum Metallic/Light Gray/A6 - Spectre CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Speed Inc. tune, 412 RWHP / 472lb/ft RWTQ

Daily Drivers:
1999 Chevrolet Suburban: Sunset Gold Metallic - Daddy's winter beater and plow truck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:04 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

ROFL. You are the best dad ever.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:05 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Nice ride Ed. Hate to see the G8 go, but the Denali is a better fit for your current paradigm. And you can drive it in winter. :)

CMNTMXR57 wrote:
What's even better... They drive my wife crazy when they're in the RGC with her, calling them out.
Righteous! That's what we're all about - annoying our wives on purpose or by fortuitous accident. I got my granddaughters hooked on, of all things, Dr Who. Now when they come over to visit that's all they want to watch. Drives my wife bonkers. "How can you watch that crap?" "It's not crap, Gramma, it's the Doctor!"

Yessssssss. :pooper:

Resident Tightwad
Screw you, Photobucket.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:48 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Amen! I live my life to get under her skin (in a loving way of course...)

This is her and I... :poke:

She still hasn't fished the nerf gun ammo out of the ceiling fan light that I mysteriously shot in when I was teaching my son to shoot at the fan blades lieing on your back... She of course gave me a stern lecture, but then couldn't hold back laughter when he pegged one of the blades while I was being reprimanded...

Sorry, I'm threadjacking.

Daily Drivers:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:49 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Hey, thread-jacks are fine, they keep forum activity up!

Definitely fits the paradigm better than the G8 did. It's more money out of my pocket each month, but hopefully results in more money IN my pocket each month.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:14 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

So another thread jack.

Reading this today;
http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/c ... ?a=viewall

So my blood was boiling over this waste of carbon not understanding the attraction of full Size GM SUV's (and questioning why the vehicle is still being made), so I went looking for contact info. Which comes as really no surprise that there are no regular ways to contact them, like a normal friggen email address. It's all twitter, fecesbook, etc... But I found this gem about the author;

Quote:
AUTHOR
Eric Schaal
Eric Schaal is a graduate of New York University, where he received a B.A. in English Literature and Writing. He has covered sports and the auto industry for The Cheat Sheet since 2013. A lifelong baseball fan with a passion for environmental causes, Eric loves exploring the latest in green vehicles and the drama of MLB pennant races. Follow him on Twitter @EricSchaalNY.

Ahhh, a eco-dooshwaffle. So yea, it's being made to counter the little eco-chitboxes that you love and that are littering our roads with crap. The world is all about balance! And GM is selling every on of them as fast as they can screw them together. I can't say the same about nissan leaf's! Or is that leaves?

Daily Drivers:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:27 pm 
Retired Admin/Techinfo Admin
Retired Admin/Techinfo Admin

Year and Trim: 03 SLE, 95 SE, 95 TS SE
Hmmm.. I would love a Tahoe myself.. And iirc even these big trucks are emissions friendly..

Hell the 1995 Series II 3800 had emissions of .0002 grams per mile in 1995.. My van met the same emissions requirements as the 95 bonneville.. But at the time this was not called low emissions.. My 03 bonneville is listed as low emissions.. Funny how GM never touted low emissions like other manufacturers did... And I personally would rather suffer any accident in a suburban as compared to a prius.. And at least the suburban fit in its lane unlike the hummer..