It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Just bought a bike!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:32 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: 01 Se
Yea save up so you can do all the good you want to your bike. I like your 750 you had!

On my daily bike (not track bike) I don't really have alot. I have on it a full Yoshi exhaust, yoshi frame sliders, PCIII w/ custom map, custom license plate elminator (hated how the stocked looked),K&N air filter and just got done a DIY HID retrofit of a bmw projector setup on it. Want to get more, debated on nitrous but a buddy of mine on that forum ended up blowing his motor on nitrous, and he doesn't know why yet so I figured hold off since we have the same set-up almost.

Track bike, way to much lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:13 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 97 Pontiac GP GT
Sounds like a great looking bike. I'm thinking about getting the full Yoshi exhaust, the stock exhaust on mine is way to quiet. I'm trying to decide if I want to put any neons on it. On the 750, I had blue neons on it. It looked really cool. Where did you get your frame sliders?

Mods to come- LED Tails, HID Kit, Top Swap (springtime)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:57 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

I love the sound of the yoshi exhaust, so I highly recommend it. For the Led's I love the look of it, I've been debating on doing it but don't know what color to do yet. Thinking of blue,red,or green. Then whatever color I do of that I will be putting the same color angel eyes. I seen it on that forum site I told you about and lloved the look of it. I got my frame sliders from a store by my house, I didn't even know they had them till the guy brought it up and I was like put it with the helment lol. But I have seen a site called baysideperformance.com selling them. Never dealt with that site. I mostly deal with motomummy.com and several others listed on the forum.

FYI, that suspension is still being raffled off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Sweet. I just became a member of that forum. Hopefully I win that suspension :D lol. I went to the dealership hear in town and checked out some sliders and priced them. They said they will cut me a deal since that is where I bought the bike from :banana: So hopefully next week I can get some. I was thinking of doing red or blue neons on the bike. The angel eyes would be awesome on a bike. I've never seen that before!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:36 am 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Yea I'll have to get the pica of the one members bike who has the green angel eyes it looks so nice. Nice another member! I must warn you that that forum isn't like this in one way really, and that is there is cursing. So you will see someone say f*%#^ and getting away with it and all. I don't mind it but I was just letting you know. It is helpful though like this forum and there all about riding safe and smart. If you don't wear gear by the time you see a million responces telling you why ur dumb you don't and why you should which would be in a matter of 2 mins you'll changed your mind lol. I know you probably wear it Im just showing how it isn't just a teenage forum. Alot of memebera are older, alot are cops, ad there are young kids too so it's a huge mix. We recently though had a memeber die which is so hard for alot of us which you probably saw it on the home page, it's a big helpful community like here. Post your bike there and they'll love it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:40 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

I'll def. post some pics up. I don't mind the swearing at all. I like how most forums are like really close knit family and everyone cares about the other members and is always there to offer advice!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:47 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Yea thats exactly how that site is. I will say this you will probably get flamed if you mention the LED's. For some reason alot of people hate them on that site and will let you know. But other wise you need a help they are there. Might even be surprised on how many members on there may be near you. I couldn't believe how many members on that forum live 5 mins away from me. We always meet up, go for rides, take pics, and soon going to tracks.

Edit: Its not angel eyes ccfl rings. Heres the bike. http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223627

Last edited by EWC88 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:10 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 94 Se
99 SSEI (Near Future)
92 BonnevilleSe and 01bonne it's nice to see you guys speaking responsibly about riding bikes. Starting off with a slower bike and working your way up is what everyone should do imo. There are ALOT of riders out there that give motorcycles a bad name, riding 100 mph swerving through lanes and around cars. Hopefully more of the new riders will be cautious like you guys are.

Keep being a great example for other riders.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SLE
wisemankw wrote:
\There are ALOT of riders out there that give motorcycles a bad name, riding 100 mph swerving through lanes and around cars.

I had this happen this past saturday. I was speeding 75 in a 70 and the rider passed btwn me and a Grand Prix, luckily for all 3 of us I saw/heard him coming and drifting towards the e-lane

2200 watt comp mono amp $200.00
7 inch Power Akoustic touchscreen 400.00
Setting off countless car alarms and making my passengers ears bleed... PRICELESS

Bugsi " then you could achieve that with fewer subs and still have (some) trunk space left over to carry groceries/body parts/etc"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:42 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

wisemankw wrote:
92 BonnevilleSe and 01bonne it's nice to see you guys speaking responsibly about riding bikes. Starting off with a slower bike and working your way up is what everyone should do imo. There are ALOT of riders out there that give motorcycles a bad name, riding 100 mph swerving through lanes and around cars. Hopefully more of the new riders will be cautious like you guys are.

Keep being a great example for other riders.

Thanks for that comment! Yeah it makes me mad to see people on motorcycles swerving through cars at high speeds. Even though I do like to speed on my bike, there is no way I would ever do that. My jump up from my last bike is plenty for me. Even though my 750 was extremely fast, this 1000 is just insanely fast. Here in Findlay, Ohio, noone where's helmets around here as its not a law. They always look at me like I'm stupid for wearing my protective gear, but I'll be the one that is not paying out my a** in hospital bills if theres an accident.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:54 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SLE
92BonnevilleSE wrote:
Here in Findlay, Ohio, noone where's helmets around here as its not a law. They always look at me like I'm stupid for wearing my protective gear, but I'll be the one that is not paying out my a** in hospital bills if theres an accident.

I was down in AR a few weeks ago and they dont have a helmet, jacket ot boot law either. Really freaked me out because I was with 50+ riders and I was the only 1 in any gears minus gloves

2200 watt comp mono amp $200.00
7 inch Power Akoustic touchscreen 400.00
Setting off countless car alarms and making my passengers ears bleed... PRICELESS

Bugsi " then you could achieve that with fewer subs and still have (some) trunk space left over to carry groceries/body parts/etc"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Yeah I think its stupid but if thats what they want to do, so be it, but I don't have a death wish..lol. I've only rode once without my helmet but it was just down the road to my brothers house which was only like 1 mile down the road. And that was only because I couldn't find my helmet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 pm 
Retired Gearhead
Retired Gearhead

Year and Trim: 1990 Bonneville LE
92BonnevilleSE wrote:
They always look at me like I'm stupid for wearing my protective gear, but I'll be the one that is not paying out my a** in hospital bills if theres an accident.

Yeah, the first time I hit the pavement in my racing leathers was a rude awakening. The old Hurricane slid to a stop on it's side, I popped up from the pavement, looked at the burnt black section of leather from my shoulder down to the gauntlet of the glove, and came to the conclusion "Hey, This S*** Really Works!!!"

Skid lid...if you are smart, you don't leave home without it :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:15 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Yeah when I went down, I didn't have my jacket on and get some road rash. I was only doing bout 35 and swirved to miss a animal and went down. Didn't get to badly scuffed up but learned fast I better wear my leather..lol. My friend did the same thing but was doing about 65mph and went down. Didn't have a jacket, gloves, or boots on.. Got road rash all over his body and broke some bones. It was really nasty looking. That also made me remember to wear my gear at all times..