It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LSS at the track!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:33 am 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile LSS
Haven't been on here in a while! hello everybody!
After the motor and trans being out for the entire year of 2020 it was finally back in early - mid 2021. Re did all the brake lines on the entire car, all pre formed installation was a breeze! (minus laying on my back) the only rusty sections were under the abs pump (typical) New struts and mounts, control arms, ball joints, calipers, flex lines etc everything I wanted to do while the engine was out and access was easy! i think the only thing i didn't replace was the rack, although I did change the PS lines and added an inline filter.

The motor itself was stripped down enough to check a few bearings etc which looked unbelievably fresh for a motor with just over 100000 miles. Compression was fantastic and on all cylinders within 1-2% of each other. I decided it wasn't even worth to pull the heads off. it got a new oil pump because why not. new roll master single roller every possible gasket nice aluminum oil pan from a bonnie, new brass freeze plugs. Speaking of freeze plugs, the car was factory optioned with a block heater. when I popped out the block heater freeze plug there was an entire freeze plug behind it in the block wedged in there! couldn't believe it! I also replaced both tensioner assemblies, water pump, hoses, harmonic balancer ,idler pullies, PS pump alternator and every single sensor. Basically anything that bolts to it was replaced. The heads got l92 springs, fresh viton valve seals, manley retainers. and the 1.9 rockers that were always on it. Also replaced the coils with zzp ones, wanted to keep the stockers but one got knocked over in the garage and broke a pole off. Wasn't happy about that! the new zzp coils are apparently better then the orig supercharged coils. I just hate them because they are red.
Plug wires are from a series 1 super (they fit better and are 8mm) And its got al103's. I never ported or polished the blower or touched the TB both bone stock- just blocked off the coolant ports in the IM and tapped the blower inlet for the meth nozzle (running a devils own progressive kit) stock injectors! its running a 3.0 pulley. It also has SD headers that I have transferred onto every 3800 car I have owned. I just wrapped the front and crossover to hid the rusty things from sight. which goes to a 3" exhaust all the way to the back.

The trans was completely rebuilt with a bunch of sonnax and transgo parts, morse hyvo "v8" chains , stage 1 red raybestos clutches, all new harnesses and solenoids etc and seals. and a ZZP 2500 stall converter. Also has a big ass cooler and doesn't run through the rad anymore. which is also a bigger rad from a g body 98 rivi, and a 180 thermostat. a/c deleted, and running a big low profile fan from summit. Has a big intake the sits in the bumper (like a 9x6 inch tapered cone)

Car also has a wideband, boost and oil pressure and and an aeroforce gauage so I can keep an eye on everything. Been using hp tuners and tuning the car myself! Still have lots of tuning to do! but i did manage to get to the track twice before winter. had the go pro for the very first run down the track the car has ever done it ran a 14.2 at 100+mph. Best time I managed to get was the second time at the track got a 13.98 at 100+mph the real issue is launching the *dang* thing on all seasons. Can't even get close to putting it on the stall or really get into it untill about 70ft out even with the back end jacked up in the air with 150psi in the air shocks. Car runs like a 2.3-2.2 60 foot.

the video is on youtube of my first ever run down the tracks with the thing (the 14.2 run) against an ecoboost mustang who spun and couldn't catch back up. turn you're volume way up! I have an external mic under the hood! the blower whine is glorious. Car is a blast to drive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iT55DxK0Lw

Post subject: Re: LSS at the track!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:19 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 95 SLE
Grats on the runs. That's moving. Mid 13s with a good launch.

98 Infiniti vq35'd i30: 13.3@104mph, 30MPG Hwy (RIP)
02 Jag X-type
03 BMW M5
05 Chevy Cobalt LS
07 Infiniti G35s 6MT (Sold)
07 Ducati Monster S2R 800 with DS1000 swap
83 Yamaha IT175K
72 Yamaha DS7: '74 RD250 swap, JL chambers

Info on dropping a 92-99: Here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:26 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile LSS
Thanks man! appreciate it, I am super satisfied with how it turned out. Still needs a bunch of tuning, It definitely needs some help in the looks department. Car is a 4x4. I know you are like the pioneer of dropping an h body. you're guide/write-up will help a lot in the future

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 1992 SSE
2009 G8 GT
Nice run. The whine brings back some memories.

WHITE WHINE - 1992 SSE Supercharged 236.26 ci (.040 Over) 15.090 at 90.2 MPH on old engine w/ slipping trans & melted O2 sensor - Gen 3 M62 and matching TB, Gen 2 Pully, Zillamotorsports Ported LIM, YT 1.72 Roller Rockers, SII FPR & Injectors, Hypertech Thermomaster chip w/ 160 Thermo, TransGo Shift Kit, Infinity/Pioneer Speakers & a 10" Alpine Type R Sub, all the watts, 140 amp Alternator, Ricepipe CAI w/ heatshield, Pilot Angel Eye Foglights, Clear Corners, '02 17" Chrome Bent 5's, Magnaflow F-Body Muffler and Hi-flo Cat, Ceramic Coated Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Fan Override, Monroe Reflex struts, red calipers
2009 G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, loaded, SOLO Axlebacks, Rotofab Intake, Tuned, autodim mirror, removed intake manifold cover, HSV GTS triple gauge pod, two tone red-hot shifter and HSV SuperSport steering wheel, GXP rear sway bar and diffuser, 3.45 diff and various Camaro suspension bits, LED Taillights

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:58 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
Awesome video! Great mic placement haha