It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 02 bonneville
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002
Not sure if it's allowed here or not so please delete if not allowed. This morning I stupidly crashed my lovely Bonneville into a pole... I know so far I'm needing to have the frame horns straightened along with everything else body panel wise but if you guys could list parts so that I can look over it to make sure I'm not missing anything. Luckily my grandpa has everything to straighten the frame out. Thanks in advance guys. So far I have the bumper cover, extensions left and right. energy absorber Impact bar mount bracket radiator AC condenser. Broke the motor mount on the driver's side that goes down into the wheel well and fans. I messed it up pretty bad. luckily airbags didn't go off. No idea how to post pictures in here otherwise I'd post some pictures for you guys.

Post subject: Re: 02 bonneville
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:56 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Park Avenue
1994 Buick Regal Custom
I hate to say it, but that is a lot of damage, and it may beg the question of whether it is worth repairing or not, not only from a monetary standpoint, but also from a practicality, reliability, and safety standpoint.

1993 Buick Park Avenue - 197k - Some odds and ends done - Simply won't die
1994 Buick Regal - 78k - Bone stock - Always ready for a good kicking
1990 Oldsmobile 88 - Gone to a better place

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:59 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002
Sadly that has been my question all day. I just can't bring myself on scrap it or part it out. I just love it to much.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:41 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 04 Bonneville
If it will cost more to repair than what it's worth, I will just look for another Bonneville or a different car.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
RIP 2001 SSEi
wells596 wrote:
Sadly that has been my question all day. I just can't bring myself on scrap it or part it out. I just love it to much.

I was in your same situation around Christmas last year. I had just bought my first Bonnie a week before Christmas, I'd been looking for a long time for a good one and pulled the trigger immedialty after I went to go look at it. I was so proud of that thing and not even 2 weeks later a older guy ran a red light T boned me right infront of the driver side wheel. I loved it and I couldnt find anything to replace it that I felt was perfect. This body style Bonnie was perfect for me, So I waited and waited and checked local listings on just about ever website for a good while and I found a nicer one even then before.
I've got two points to this story.
First you're Bonnie probably received more damage then you think, my accident was a 25 mph accident, and yet the damage you received sounds alot worse then mine. I had a repair shop and a frame shop come out and look at it separately and a big thing was, when you receive any damage on these cars in the front end, the front fender rails where they bolt onto are incredibly easy to bend and almost impossible to straighten out if they are to bend, they are to thin and will just tear. So It sounds like a new front clip is gonna be necessary which means dropping the engine and tranny and putting in a new one. That costs $$$.
My second point was its not the end of the world, there are more Bonnies to be had, you just have to be patient to find the good ones. If you had insurance, give them a call and if they total your car then put that money into a new one or something else and buy yours back and part it out or whatever. If you want a new one you might aswell keep the old one for a little just for any parts you may need. This is what I did, sorry though man Its sad to hear about the accident.