|How to change / flush the supercharger oil
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Jrs3800 [ Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:52 pm ]|
|Post subject:||How to change / flush the supercharger oil|
Author : Willwren
Supercharger Oil Flush/Change
Supercharger oil change
This procedure is for Series 1 M62 (92-95). The Series 2 M90 (96-03) uses 2 bottles of SC oil, and has the drain plug on the front.
1. Go to the Pontiac dealer and buy 2 bottles of Supercharger Oil P/N 10953513. If you're not going to flush the cone, one bottle will be more than enough.
2. Pull the smaller of the two covers off the blower, on the pulley end of the supercharger (passenger side of the engine compartment). You'll see a small plug (1/4" NPT if you know your plumbing sizes) out of the nose cone assembly (you'll need an allen wrench). You don't want it hot, but make sure it's warm. Wipe any debris or dirt off the nose cone in and around the plug before removal.
3. Put a Jack under the Front A-arm or sub-frame on the driver's side and raise it. This will force the oil towards the pulley end of the nose cone and make it easier to suck out.
4. Get 2 large syringes from your local drug dealer or farm/feed supply, and some 1/4" tubing from the auto parts store. A foot will do for each syringe. Press the tubing onto the end of each syringe, and use one to
suction the oil out through the fill hole.
5. Refill it with a clean syringe and tubing, not a funnel, because you have to see when the oil reaches the bottom edge of the threads.
6. Re-install the 1/4" NPT plug in the nose cone assembly. If you're flushing (recommended), start the car and let it run for a minute or two, and repeat step 4, always using one syringe to empty, and the other to fill. The last time you fill it, let it off the jack (level car) before
7. Re-install the wire harness cover.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group