PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:13 pm 
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Location: Oregon WCBF'04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11 Survivor
Year and Trim: .
93 SSEi
95 SLE (SC)
97 Buick LeSabre
A good upgrade from stock are Energy Suspension Endlinks. They can be purchased from Autozone. Removal is best done by cutting the old links out with a sawzall or air tools. Here's a basic guide to the parts you'll want (taken from another topic):

willwren wrote:
Swaybar links are very easy, but when you get ready to replace them keep in mind you want to tighten them until they just start to compress. Removing the old ones is best done with a sawzall or reciprocating saw. Just cut it. Take a picture before you do. Buy the correct length kit at Autozone. The sell Energy Suspension endlink kits made of polyurethane. It's a good improvement over stock.

The link kit from GM is crap. Not sure when the change happened, but GM is using plastic spacers and washers on the new kits (verified in person at the local dealer). I think the plastic would give too much, and doesn't provide enough support for the insulators, especially on the firmer SSE/SSEi suspensions. Wanna firm up your ride?

Buy Energy Suspension kit #9.8120RC. This kit is for the left and right (front) endlinks. It's complete with BIGGER than stock bolts (and shorter, thank god), washers, and POLYURETHANE bushings (insulators). I got mine at Autozone for about $15 for BOTH sides (in the same package....full front kit). Follow the advice previously stated in this thread for install, but the kit comes with good directions, too. You don't need a maintenance manual. Just a good set of ramps and basic tools.

Wanna do the rear? Leave it to GM. They don't sell a kit for the rear. Each individual piece (bolt, nut, 2 washers, 3 insulators) have to be purchased seperately. Combined, it'll run you about $25. I have a better idea. Buy just the BOLT from GM. Get 2 of the 10026678 bolts (trust me, you want new....don't re-use the old), should run just shy of 4 bucks each. Then go to your local hardware store and buy two 8mm 'nylock' hex nuts. Fit them to the bolts to make sure, and try to get stainless steel. Now go BACK to Autozone and buy the Energy Suspension kit # 9.8105RC Bushing set. Comes with 8 washers and 8 bushings (insulators). You'll have 2 extra of each. Cost me $9 (US).

PontiacDad at WCBF '04: Cruise control? That's like surrendering!
Comprehensive guide to troubleshooting, rebuilding, and modifying Eaton Superchargers