It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:54 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville
2003 bonneville it started out that the blower would randomly turn off and on, then it got to the point where you had to open and shut the passanger door to get it to turn on, and now it will not blow at all. And I live in michigan and this morning all the windows fogged up so bad that I had to stop and but a temporary heater that plugs into the cigarrette lighter. But that ended up blowing the fuse for the ciggarette lighter. ????????
The other problem started out with the wippers quit working one day so I paid a friends husband to change the motor, long story short he replaced it with a used one and broke the mounting bracet and he braced the motor up with cardboard, but they still worked but wouldn't turn off, so I took the fuse out and onlt put it in when I needed them. Well one day I put it in and they seemed to work fine until they started going too far. I relized they were both stripped out baddly, I didn't have they money to get them fixed and ny cousin put a bolt in the drivers side one and just remoed the passenger one for now. Then 2 days ago it was working ok and then started stoppping randomly and quit working alltogether. any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:22 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport.
There have been problems reported with both the blower motors, as well as melted connections to the motor. It's on the passenger side, roughly behind the glove compartment. Remove the lower part of the dash and look up. You should be able to see both.

Windshield wipers have also been a problem for some. This is a good thread on it.
http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15390

*Gone, but not forgotten* - Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.