It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:31 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 01 SSEI (black)
00 SSEI (green)
I was removing my center console (which required a bit of "convincing" but nothing out of the ordinary in my mind) and after removal I had an airbag light on and my radio had a theftlock message -- I checked the connector to the SDM (airbag module under center console) and it was fine so it seems I may have bumped something loose or shorted something in the module itself.

The vehicle (2000 SSEi) has restraint code B1001 Option Configuration Error which from my brief research explains that the VIN being read from the module does not match the vehicle; nothing in the vehicle was replaced so my take is that the module itself has broken. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in my line of thinking.

I have a tech II, so if I buy a used SDM to install will be the fix be as simple as syncing the SDM to the DIM? (I believe thats the option I read on the tech II when I was looking at it) I tried the sync with the existing original module but I was getting an error that the sync was failing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:10 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
I think your assumption is correct, since your getting sync errors with the tech 2

SLP Ceramic Coated Headers,
Thrasher Cold Air Intake,
GXP Tails, Interior Door handles, Trim pieces etc.
40th Aniv Grand Prix GTP Wheels (Very Shiny & Very Annoying :pukeleft: )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:35 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
Are you able to communicate with the SDM using the Tech2? It seems odd that you would also have a TheftLock issue. Have you checked the SDM fuse to ensure it isn't open? If it is a defective module, then syncing them is relatively easy. You need to ensure that you get the exact module or it will require programming as well. Some vehicles have side seat airbags, some don't. This may create another problem for you.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:56 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

00 SSEI (green)
Alright so I pulled another code from the BCM and it's reading B1390 -- Device Voltage Reference Input Circuit Malfunction

Does anybody have a diagnostic sheet for things to check regarding this code?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:59 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

00 SSEI (green)
Alright so here is the diagnostic sheet I came across for a Deville

DTC B1390 -The DIM has an internal battery voltage sensor and a reference voltage. The DIM compares these two voltages via the two battery positive voltage circuits every 300 milliseconds. Do you know what the DIM is ?

Conditions for Setting the DTC
This code shall be set after 10 consecutive readings that the two battery positive voltages differ by 1 volt or greater.

Turn OFF the ignition.
Disconnect the dash integration module (DIM).
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Measure and record the voltage from both battery positive voltage circuits of the DIM to both ground circuits of the DIM.
Compare the two recorded DIM battery positive voltage circuit voltages.
Is the voltage difference less than the specified value?
1 V
YES - Go to Step 5
NO - Go to Step 3

These are the results of my vehicle as measured:
Main Power to Main Ground: 11.3 V
Main Power to Reference Ground: .7 V
Reference Power to Main Ground: 10.8 V
Reference Power to Reference Ground: .6 V

I don't know the "specified value" here but these seem to check out as making sense to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to confirm no wiring issue. Onto Step 5

Test both DIM battery positive voltage circuits for a high resistance or an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.
Did you find and correct the condition?
--
YES - Go to Step 7
NO - Go to Step 4
Test both DIM ground circuits for a high resistance or an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.
--
YES - Go to Step 7
NO - Go to Step 5
Inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the DIM. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.
--
YES - Go to Step 7
NO - Go to Step 6

Connections are fine. Onto step 6

Important:: After replacement of the DIM perform the set up procedure for the DIM. Refer to Body Control Module (BCM) Programming/RPO Configuration .
Replace the DIM. Refer to Dash Integration Module Replacement .
Did you complete the replacement?

So I taking this to mean I should find a replacement DIM here? That's the gist I'm getting from this test
--
YES - Go to Step 7
--
Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC as specified in the supporting text.
Does the DTC reset?
--
Go to Step 2
System OK

Do you know what there saying here ? Do you know where The DIM is located . Do you know where to find a wiring diagram so you know what your testing ?

free wiring diagrams at
http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html Enter vehicle info year , make , model ,engine . under system click on body & accessories, then under sub system click on body controls . Hit the search button a blue link will pop up . click on that .

Dash Integration Module (DIM)
The various DIM input and output circuits are described in the corresponding functional areas as indicated on the DIM electrical schematics.
The DIM functions include the following:
• Class 2 communication requiring DIM interaction.
• Control of exterior lamps.
• Control of front fog lights.
• Control of the headlights.
• Headlamps on with wiper input.
• Hood ajar switch input w/export.
• Horn relay control.
• Interior lamps incandescent dimming.
• Low side temperature for HVAC compressor.
• Power moding control over Class 2 serial data circuit.
• Reverse lockout solenoid control.
• Steering wheel controls input.
• Storage of the clock settings and, sending a message out on the class 2 serial data circuit in response to requests from other modules. Good luck !