It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quad high beam lights?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:50 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2005 Bonneville SLE
is there someone who has done a quad beam setup to use all 4 headlights while on high beam? if so could you link me to the post? I'd like to try this on my 2005 SLE. I've been driving a lot at night and wet blacktop roads seem invisible to me. I bought and replaced the OEM headlight assemblies with aftermarket ones because of the fogging issue I was trying to fix so often It was crazy. I just thought maybe with all 4 running it'd be really nice at night. Cant do much for low beams as I don't want to blind oncoming people.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:54 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
I installed some bi-xenon (basically means low and high beam in one) projectors into my lights. Combined with these special high beam splitter harnesses, I now have 4 high beams when I push the high beam stalk.

It's a pretty involved process which involves complete head light disassembly and cutting and epoxying the projector in. But it is a great upgrade, especially if you do a lot of night driving. I don't even use my high beams since the low beams by themselves are so awesome. If you're a detail oriented person, and you have a level, a dremel tool, and some garage space, you can knock this out. A spare set of headlights is really helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:39 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2005 Bonneville SLE
wow those are impressive.. I have the tools, I lack the steady hand and finesse to do that kind of work. I did buy a new aftermarket set of headlights, but they only have 1 adjuster on them for some reason. when I turn the low beams on, it is very low to the ground. seems odd they wouldn't have made the low beam adjustable instead of bonding the high and low together. my fog lights are projector style, but i'm not overly impressed with the performance of them. maybe it is just the bulbs though.

my ole 2000 chevy blazer I made a pretty easy mod to enable all 4 bulbs when high beam was turned on and then go back to the 2 low beams lights when off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:48 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
I just replaced the stock bulbs with HIR bulbs, no other mods. Difference was amazing. I also picked up a relay harness, but really am not sure I will ever install it. If I get another 35% increase in lumens, I'd spend all my time flashing my lights to point out that yes, my low beams are on...