It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:30 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
'01 SSEi, compressor works when hooked up to 12V, but does not work and rear end is sagging.

I have power at all fuses when power is in the "on" position.

I have not been able to successfully test the position sensor, so it may be bad. Does anyone have one for sale? Also, does anyone know what other cars take the same sensor so I can hunt through my local U-pull yard?

Also, it's my understanding that there's a box of some type in the trunk mounted to the back rest of the rear seat. What is this box called? Does anyone have one for sale? If not, what other cars take this same part?

One more question, does anyone know how to test eaither of these parts? I used an ohm meter and held the position sensor in several positions for quite some time and never got a continuity in any position. There are 3 wires and even with a schematic, I can't figure out what wire does what.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:11 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SE
The box you are talking about behind the rear seat is called the Rear Integration Module, RIM. Only other car I know of that uses the same sensor is the LeSabre.

I'm also having trouble with my leveling compressor. I took the compressor off the car, took off the compressor head, and found all sorts of white powder inside the compressor cylinder, above the piston. It appears as though the compressor has corroded and become seized, so I'll likely replace it. When I turn the ignition to on, I can hear the relay click on, but the compressor won't run, then after a few seconds the relay clicks again. There was a blown fuse for the compressor that I replaced, so far the new one hasn't blown yet, but I only just replaced it. Since I hear the relay clicking on and off I'm assuming all the electronics are working and that the compressor is just seized up. I sprayed oil into the cylinder when I had it apart, but that didn't get it to start running. Has anyone else experienced corrosion inside the compressor?