It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SSEi
O.K.....I finally managed to get my bad wheel hub replaced. Went very well thanks to your "how-to" threads on here. I put the National brand on, replaced pads and rotors with ceramic pads etc.....The questions I have are: If I fixed the problem of a bad wheel speed sensor (had it scanned and that was the wheel I fixed), shouldn't the light go off automatically, or do I have to have it reset with a scan tool??? Also, I had it scanned with a MAC scan tool before the repair and his was showing a low voltage to the ABS pump. I was told that I needed to replace the hub first. Now I'm wondering what the low voltage problem is and if that was related or not to the bad hub??? Thanks for you help in advance!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:44 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
If it was the only problem the light would go out once it did its self checks and discovered all was well. Sounds like you have other issues.

Shouldn't be related to the hub, I'd look and see if you have a broken wire or something.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:38 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SSEi
Thanks, I will check the other three. If there was low voltage to the pump, could it be a relay issue, or would that make it completely dead???