It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:14 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
Im sorry if tthis has been said ( possibly numerous times ) but do they make anything for this car? Also where do you shop for parts/accessories online for your Bonneville?

:)

Current mods - FWI, Intense 1.0 PCM, 3.4"- 3.5", Intense MPS, AL 104s, 180 Stat , Intense/TG shiftkit, Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge

Upcoming mods- 1.9 rockers, 105#springs, Headers, 103s, 3.3, tune..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:20 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

I found a few old thread in search but nothing new..

Anyone seen or used these ?

http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/2010_0 ... chive.html

Current mods - FWI, Intense 1.0 PCM, 3.4"- 3.5", Intense MPS, AL 104s, 180 Stat , Intense/TG shiftkit, Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
Pretty much anything HID related for these cars is going to be custom, either by you, or you paying someone to do it. They don't have the aftermarket following like the Grand Prix's do. Basically the only off the shelf parts are going to be performance parts, not styling products.

EDIT: That link was a custom job for member yourgrandma on here. I'm sure if you pay what he did (somewhere in the neighborhood of $350) that guy will do the same thing for yours. But you have to send him your lights.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

Last edited by 00Beast on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:14 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2012 Eco
If you just want more light, look at HIR bulbs, also called 9012/9011's. Lots more light than stock headlights, and much less risk of getting busted by the boys in blue. I've had my HIR's for ~6 months and love them. Most of the time I don't need my high beams at night.

Learn from the mistakes of others, that way when you mess up you can do so in new and interesting ways.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

LeSabre in Buffalo wrote:
If you just want more light, look at HIR bulbs, also called 9012/9011's. Lots more light than stock headlights, and much less risk of getting busted by the boys in blue. I've had my HIR's for ~6 months and love them. Most of the time I don't need my high beams at night.

Thanks man, Im gonna look into them for sure.. Im gonna put myself out there on this one, because I really dont know.. Are these like the Sylvania Silverstars?

http://hirheadlights.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

No. They last way longer, are legal in a halogen projector, and are bright as hell. HIR2's are OE in the high-beams on GXP's.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:10 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

00Beast wrote:
No. They last way longer, are legal in a halogen projector, and are bright as hell. HIR2's are OE in the high-beams on GXP's.

Im trying to do some quick searching on them.. I havent checked Ebay yet, just the site I linked above...

Mann these have been out for a while and Ive never even heard of them :angry4:

Sure beats throwing an HID bulb in a lens without a projector.. Man those cars are annoying.. And blinding..

So do they make fogs as well? Im trying to get a bunch of info on things Im gonna need for the few cosmetic things IM gonna be doing, SO its the typical 9006 lo / 9005 hi , ( fog ? ) , and I realllllyyyy wanna find a nice 1 1/2 din Stereo to fit in there.. I mean the tape player is sweet and all, buuuutt...... :angry7:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:13 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

found the ebay .. Yea Im a little slow ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOSHIBA- ... ccessories

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

No HIR's made for our fogs. Could get an 885 bulb which is a little brighter.

No CD in your SSEi? Talk to harofreak00, he'll hook you up with a CD headunit, then you just gotta go to a dealer and get it unlocked.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:21 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

00Beast wrote:
No HIR's made for our fogs. Could get an 885 bulb which is a little brighter.

No CD in your SSEi? Talk to harofreak00, he'll hook you up with a CD headunit, then you just gotta go to a dealer and get it unlocked.

I have the combo cd/tape :) Ive been into CA for about 15 years but have always used single din's with a descent looking kit.. But in this car Im really wanting to fill the gap, so no kit on this one.. Im gonna try to find something loaded with options, as I love music and listen constantly , so Pandora and BT would be nice, and it MUST have a usb, but preferably be full iphone capable

Last edited by comatoast on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:23 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Also from what im seeing this site seems to have the best prices /.. Since the price goes down the more you buy, maybe Ill pick my mom up a pair since shes terrified of night driving and hitting a deer

http://hirheadlights.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:23 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: '02 SSEi
Yeah, those are my headlights from hidillusionz. Really I was just lazy and shoudve done it myself. Ive sent them back twice and have been without them more than ive had them. I did a fairly badass retro on my street bike and it turned out way better. That involved basically building the entire headlight.

www.hidplanet.com is the best place for info on retrofits.

HIR bulbs in my opinion are best suited to highbeam aplications and only if you have some sort of beefed up wiring harness and/or voltage boosting device. They have a reletively short lifespan and are very responsive to increased voltage. I burn mine at 15v in the highs and they are a little brighter than 30w HID and almost as bright as 40w hid. Since i havent had my projectors in a while ive been running 9005 bulbs in my lows and they are much brighter than 9006, but theres a slight compatibility issue with the reflector design of the lowbeam and they dont quite perform properly as far as the beam pattern is concerned. May be a filiment spacing issue, but Im not motivated to investigate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:42 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2012 Eco
candlepower.com is where I got my HIR low beams from. Fast shipping and decent prices. They also had a complete set of HIR low beam and high beam bulbs for $100 this summer.

I've had HIR low beams for months, and have only good things to say about them. The Philips HIR low beams in my car have a reported 1500 hour lifespan, and are the brightest HIR to date. There's no glare, they cut through fog and rain very well, and they throw the light very far down the road. They'll make road signs 3/4 of a mile away reflect. I can comfortably see 4-5 seconds ahead at 60 mph with these headlights. That's about 500-600 feet, or enough time to see something and react. Mine are run off of a relay harness, so they're getting all the voltage my car can give them. I've had them in for ~6 months now. They're still as bright as the day they went in, and are the same color of very white light.

For filament placement, the HIR low beams have the filament in the exact same spot the OEM 9006 bulbs have the filament.

I'd recommend these over an HID kit because they're wicked bright, are basically plug and play, will last for 800 or more hours (low beams) or 300+ hours (highs), and are not noticeable to anybody except you behind the wheel.

Learn from the mistakes of others, that way when you mess up you can do so in new and interesting ways.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:52 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 2005 GXP
I still have my HIR's (stock) high beam that were in it the day I bought it; almost six years ago. Two years ago I made the HIR conversion for the lows. These lights are awesome.

It has been an honor and privilage to have been serviced by you.

2005 Bonneville GXP, 200k and SOLD!