It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:18 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
I've haven't been on here nearly as much as I want to be or should be but I finally made my dream truck a reality this summer. I've always wanted one since they were new as a kid and after 6 months of relentless searching I finally found a low mileage clean one. With being a homeowner now having a truck definitely comes in handy. No real big plans for it at the moment, just some appearance mods, CAI, and exhaust. It will be the only V8 in my life and I want to make it sound as amazing as possible. Had to make a trip out to Pittsburgh to get her. Made the trek home flawlessly and never skipped a beat. Pulled 17 MPG the whole way too. I am very happy with it so far and plan to hang onto it forever. It will live its life mostly as a garage ornament and have limited winter time. It's a 1998, 110,000 miles, 3rd door, 5.7 vortec, bucket seats, push button 4x4, Z71. Not my #1 color choice but it has every option I wanted and is mostly stock and unmolested. The dealer was a small hole in the wall with the most down to earth people I've ever worked with. All the pictures were as good as they looked and they were honest and up front with everything. They put new brakes, shocks, fuel pump, sending unit, fuel tank, fuel filter, air filter,and a few other things. Came from a long time customer of there's. The husband passed away and the wife called the owner of the dealer asking if they'd be interested in buying it and they did. It had been sitting for awhile and they brake lines were rotted so that was the reason behind those. I got to meet the mechanic who did all the work also. Carfax showed it lived a life of luxury at the dealership too. Here are a few pics

I flew out to North Carolina earlier this summer in hopes this one would be as pristine as it looked. And for the price tag it *dang* well better have been. Turned out not to be the case though :( It was spotless underneath but there were a few large dents, dings, and scratches that I could not get over as well as an exhaust leak. Only had 94k miles but I just couldn't pull the trigger. But at least I got my first ever plane ride out of the way and seen the ocean for the first time ever. On the drive back to MN I got to see a good amount of coutryside also which was nice. Was still a good trip overall. The dealership was a large group, after a horrific online review about a lying salesman and rude/ unprofessional manager I got a phone call. They offered to pay for my airline tickets if I agreed to delete my review. I told them it was unethical but that I would let them buy me out. I used the refund to pay for another trip and went to Pittsburgh.

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come