It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My other dependent....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 1995 Park Avenue Ultra
Well this is my other...and first dependent. Picked her up in Oct. 07 with 42k on the clock and pretty much fell in love with the car. It was absolutely base when I fist got it. Found out later it was ordered as a rental primarily. So pretty much everything you see (and dont, lol) has been painstakingly added over the years of ownership. Im being buried in her, lol. So without further ado, I present Bertha.

The last remaining rental car tie pretty much. Built 3.5 is going in early spring when I break her out of storage

Big milestone I hit last month

I know its not a Bonnie..or even GM but I figure I might as well post it up since we're all car guys. Most of the stuff you see are factory options on special models, like the seats, wheels, shift knob, ect. The only aftermarket I have is the exhaust and intake.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:46 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 06 Grand Prix LS4
That, sir, is one very well put together car. I like it a lot! Love the interior and the rims!

Previous, 07 GP SE, 06 GP GXP, 97 SSE 40th, 96 LeSabre Custom, 93 SLE, 90 LeSabre Custom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:54 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

ga93sle wrote:
That, sir, is one very well put together car. I like it a lot! Love the interior and the rims!

Haha, thank you very much. She has definitely been a labor of love. Maybe I'll copy and paste my mod list from my sig page over on my other forum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:55 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Premium
Nice! Back when I was shopping and ended up buying my LeSabre, I was looking hard at these. This was back in 2006. The 2.7 isn't so hot but the 3.5 is a nice motor. What almost got me in one though was what you've shown in how nice the interiors are put together and the nice touches like the gauges, which I always liked. I couldn't find a 3.5 in my price range so I ultimately ended up in my 97 LeSabre...which brought me here...so it was all for good.

Nice car though. I love your two tone interior but I am a bit biased when it comes to multi-color interiors.

Also learned something new today...I never would have guessed those were factory wheels. That's a pretty snazzy looking Intrepid. Were the projector headlamps and tinted tails part of a factory option package as well?

2012 Nissan Maxima SV Premium • Super Black • Charcoal • VQ35DE • Bose • Factory HID • 5000k LED Int/Ext
_

Image__I n n o v a t i o n__T h a t __E x c i t e s

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:56 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: ‘12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
Nice.. I've always liked the LH cars, but they have always been a bit flaky. I'm surprised you have a 2.7 that still works!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:59 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Performance

- 300m Special rear sway bar (13/16")
- 2002 300m Special PCM (18" wheel option)
- Custom 3" dual exhaust w/ Flowmaster crossflow
- PHP rotors and ceramic pads
- K&N FIPK II
- AutoStick
- MTV valve (not installed yet)

Interior

- 300m Pro Am seats
- 300m Special dash harness
- 300m Special body harness
- 300m Special roof harness
- 300m Special cluster with Police face and M needles
- 300m chrome shift knob
- 98-01 Dark Slate tilting headrests
- Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" door speakers
- Infinity Kappa 6x9" parcel shelf speakers
- 2004 RAZ headunit (dot matrix) w/ 4 disc changer
- ATC conversion w/ 2004 ATC head
- 300m Special front door harnesses
- 300m Special rear door harnesses
- Infinity Sail speakers
- Center channel Speaker
- Infinity 360 watt AC amp (LHS)
- Police honeycomb trunk mat
- Modified DRL module
- '98 style instrument cluster bezel w/ pockets
- Early style slider shift bezel
- Custom 2 tone Light Taupe, Dark Slate interior
- 1G LHS parcel shelf speaker grill mod
- Chrome door handles
- Chrome switches
- Auto-dim mirror
- 1G red LED lighted key ring
- 1G LHS tilt lever
- Leather steering wheel
- 300m Light Taupe center console with Power outlet and Dark Slate leather lid.
- SKIM
- PEL INTREPID script on the dash
- INTREPID on the front door sealplates

Exterior

- '98 ES front bumper conversion w/ fogs
- 2001 Motorsports Edition 17" wheels
- Nightshaded tails with custom Fratzog (google it) 3rd brake light
- Factory Intrepid bra
- 300m Special turn signal mirrors
- Spyder Projector headlights
- Avanti 8k HIDs
- Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee Emblems
- Shaved badges
- Rear antenna mast delete

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:01 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Bonneville92V688 wrote:
Nice.. I've always liked the LH cars, but they have always been a bit flaky. I'm surprised you have a 2.7 that still works!

She's had Royal Purple oil changes every 3k with a K&N filter. Replaced the waterpump and timing chain at 80k. I love my 2.7, but its just too much car for that little motor. It makes all of its torque up high, so it needs to scream to move, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

LeSabreUltra wrote:
Nice! Back when I was shopping and ended up buying my LeSabre, I was looking hard at these. This was back in 2006. The 2.7 isn't so hot but the 3.5 is a nice motor. What almost got me in one though was what you've shown in how nice the interiors are put together and the nice touches like the gauges, which I always liked. I couldn't find a 3.5 in my price range so I ultimately ended up in my 97 LeSabre...which brought me here...so it was all for good.

Nice car though. I love your two tone interior but I am a bit biased when it comes to multi-color interiors.

Also learned something new today...I never would have guessed those were factory wheels. That's a pretty snazzy looking Intrepid. Were the projector headlamps and tinted tails part of a factory option package as well?

Hahaha, I forgot about those. :banghead: Headlights are aftermarket, but are being replaced soon. They've outlived their appeal. Im going back to a factory style light, but with parts of the reflector blacked out. Tails...well PA doesnt like me to have them.

But yes, its hard to find a cheaper 3.5. LHs dont hold value well, but there's definitely a big difference between 2.7 cars and 3.x cars.

I get that on the wheels alot, lol. When Dodge came back to Nascar in 2001, they selected the Neon, Dakota and Trep to have the Motorsports Edition option. Only 815 Intrepid's ever came with it. 3 colors, Black, Bright Silver Metallic, or Flame Red.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:27 am 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: 5x former 3800 Buick/Olds owner
Sharp car! Tastefully done. I remember liking the 2nd gen Intrepid when I had one as a driver's ed car back in high school. I remember liking the way it drove (sportier than expected) and the easy to use controls. Too bad the reliability on most (2.7's) have been so horrible - probably worse than the 1st gen Intrepid, sadly. During the same point in time, a friend had a 300M that was only a few years old, and it was such a nice car to drive. Incredibly spacious and comfortable inside, nice stereo, lots of thoughtful gadgets and toys, and fun to drive, yet very comfortable with the 3.5 & AutoStick. It made me nearly buy a 300M Special a few years ago.

Squilliam wrote:
I get that on the wheels alot, lol. When Dodge came back to Nascar in 2001, they selected the Neon, Dakota and Trep to have the Motorsports Edition option. Only 815 Intrepid's ever came with it. 3 colors, Black, Bright Silver Metallic, or Flame Red.

There's a black one in my town that's been around for at least the last 8 years or so. I knew it was a rare car, but didn't realize it was THAT rare. Do they have the 3.5L? Always liked the look of those wheels - every once in a while, you see a '99/2000 Caravan ES with the silver variant of those wheels (besides the Intrepid R/T). Along with the aggressive fog lights, rear spoiler, and AutoStick, it was one of the sportiest minivans to date.

2010 Chrysler 300 Touring Signature Series, Cool Vanilla - chrome 18's, MyGig touchsreen, all the toys.
2004 Chevy Avalanche LT 4x4, WBH, Arrival Blue Metallic - CAI, MBRP cat-back exhaust, lots of mods and all the options.
2004 Ford Mustang Premium convertible, Screaming Yellow - 18" staggered Bullitt wheels, 1.5" drop Eibach springs, CAI.
1973 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60 Brougham, Antigua Blue - 23 ft, 5200 lbs, and 472 cubes of luxo-barge goodness.
1998 Chevy Corvette convertible, Light Carmine Red Metallic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:57 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Premium
Squilliam wrote:

Nice! That couldn't have been easy to find; you must be proud of it.

2012 Nissan Maxima SV Premium • Super Black • Charcoal • VQ35DE • Bose • Factory HID • 5000k LED Int/Ext
_

Image__I n n o v a t i o n__T h a t __E x c i t e s

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:45 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 97.2 40th SLE
68 w/400
94 SSEi
I never really like these cars, always thought they were ugly.

BUT....that being said the way you have made yours it actually looks like a pretty cool car.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT-191k
2005 Escalade 253k-GINA

nos4blood70 wrote:
Literally, cars are drugs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:51 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2012 Eco
I like!

And, good on keeping that sludger 2.7 going as long as it has! Something says that the 3.5 will do better, though!

Learn from the mistakes of others, that way when you mess up you can do so in new and interesting ways.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:20 am 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Hotwheels wrote:
Sharp car! Tastefully done. I remember liking the 2nd gen Intrepid when I had one as a driver's ed car back in high school. I remember liking the way it drove (sportier than expected) and the easy to use controls. Too bad the reliability on most (2.7's) have been so horrible - probably worse than the 1st gen Intrepid, sadly. During the same point in time, a friend had a 300M that was only a few years old, and it was such a nice car to drive. Incredibly spacious and comfortable inside, nice stereo, lots of thoughtful gadgets and toys, and fun to drive, yet very comfortable with the 3.5 & AutoStick. It made me nearly buy a 300M Special a few years ago.

Squilliam wrote:

There's a black one in my town that's been around for at least the last 8 years or so. I knew it was a rare car, but didn't realize it was THAT rare. Do they have the 3.5L? Always liked the look of those wheels - every once in a while, you see a '99/2000 Caravan ES with the silver variant of those wheels (besides the Intrepid R/T). Along with the aggressive fog lights, rear spoiler, and AutoStick, it was one of the sportiest minivans to date.

I apologize. I dont know where I got 815 from. The actual production numbers are
584 SE
242 ES
383 R/T
All of your SEs came with 2.7s, but between 99-01, the 2.7 was standard on the ES vs the 3.2, so possibly some of those ES' came with 2.7s. All of the R/Ts came with 3.5 High Outputs.

The LH line had a few special packages during the 2G run. You had the Motorsports package for Intrepids in 01, the Pro Am package for 300m's and Concorde Limiteds in 02, the Daytona Package (kind of like the Motorsports package, but for our neighbors up north, 01), the 300m Specials from 02-04, and the Platinum Package for 300m's to pay a farewell to the LH line.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:24 am 
SSE Member
SSE Member

LeSabre in Buffalo wrote:
I like!

And, good on keeping that sludger 2.7 going as long as it has! Something says that the 3.5 will do better, though!

I really hope so. Its the one mod I've been putting off because 3.5s are getting harder to find with lower mileage and they cost anywhere from 1,000 to 1,500 bucks. I figure my meticulously kept 2.7 will fetch 800 bucks on CL. I'll list it for 800 bucks less than the junkyard.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:23 pm 
Posts like an LN3
Posts like an LN3

Year and Trim: None
WOW That is a lot of work!! Good job man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:59 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2012 Eco
Those 2.7's with no sludge are super-rare, and will fetch a high price. Most of the easily-cleaned 2.7's are long gone by now.

Learn from the mistakes of others, that way when you mess up you can do so in new and interesting ways.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2001 BMW 330i
ZSP Sport Pack
Moonroof
Wait... Aren't those FWD?! Why do they do the longitudinal engine?

I thought they had decent styling, but the interiors weren't my cup o' tea.

- Titanium Silver - Sport Package - 3 Pedals - Koni Yellow/H&R Sport
2006 Volkswagen GTI - (gone) Tornado Red - DSG, Stage II~280hp/325tq
1993 Pontiac Bonneville - (gone) Purple Pearl H4U/SLE. Loud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 06 Grand Prix LS4
Yep, FWD, and yep, longitudinal engine.

My mom has an 01 300M and my aunt has an 04 300M Special. They were both pretty nice cars, just not my cup of tea lol.

Previous, 07 GP SE, 06 GP GXP, 97 SSE 40th, 96 LeSabre Custom, 93 SLE, 90 LeSabre Custom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
The 04-ish Passats have a Longitudinal engine too Jason, along with the original Olds Toronado. Then the trans has a chain that turns the motion from longitudinal to transverse.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:55 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 1992 SSEi
I love the retro typeface on the gauges - it looks like they were inspired by an old British sports car, and are so charmingly at-odds with the rest of the car!

Nice looking cars all round, although I prefer the 1st gen.