It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Last call on 2001 SSEi
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:27 am 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
Hi all,

I posted a while back but it's coming down to crunch time since the cost of insurance, registration, and inspection are exceeding the value of a car I don't drive anymore. I don't plan to renew the registration this year and while the car has been on Craigslist for several months, it hasn't gotten enough bites to make it worth keeping it up. If nobody here is interested, I've been offered $360 from a local junkyard that I will very regrettably take them up on in the next couple of weeks. The car is located in Massachusetts.

There are several things wrong with the car, but there is also a lot still great about it.

What's wrong? The car is rusting. Both quarter panels have rust. The rear passenger side is quite bad, and it's possible that it is structural as it has seeped into the door well. The interior upholstery is falling apart and the majority of the windows don't work. AC also doesn't work and needs a compressor.

What's still good? The car drives and it drives nicely. It still picks up quite well. The engine is at about 187k miles currently. The alternator was rebuilt by a professional shop about 10k miles ago. The calipers and alternator have been replaced in the last 20k miles. The interior parts were purchased from this forum. They are the GXP carbon fiber variety. I still have the stock 2001 SSEi parts. Tires have about 1000 miles on them, but they're about 5 years old at this point. Stock swoopies still on there but it's hard to comment on their exact condition as the car hasn't been detailed in years. They still shine up nicely, though. There have been some performance upgrades but not so much so to where I would brag about them in this post.

If you are interested, please let me know and maybe we can work something out! Happy to answer any questions.

Black 2001 SSEi | Performance: INTENSE FWI, INTENSE Shift Kit, INTENSE 180* Thermostat, GXP Calipers (custom powder coated), EBC GD Sport Drilled and Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff Brake Pads Aesthetic: Debadged | Cleared Front and Rear Corners | Red Rear Turn Signals | Bright White LED Reverse Lights | Black Centerpiece | Black Pontiac Emblem | 35% Huper Optik Tint | GXP Interior (Carbon Fiber Vents and Handle Inserts, Stainless Handles, Shifter, Black Buttons for Windows and Cockpit, Cupholders) | Hood and Rear Quarterpanel Herpes :thumbdown: