It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:50 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 Bonneville GXP
Hey, I have 2 Questions. On our 04 Bonneville GXP. I made a couple of short trips in the car I have not replaced the rear seat because I am looking for water leaks in the battery well. None so far, (I have moved the car so its not on an incline which it was for 6-8 months) anyway I hear like a circuit breaker clicking on and off and what sounds like a compressor or load leveling system run for like 10-15 seconds then stop it does this every little bit, the air compressor in the trunk is Off.
Also whats the "normal" operating temp on the in car temp gauge? This is sitting a hair below 200°.
How do I clean the Hud? This has bits of cigarette ash and I want to see if the bezel around the Hud on top of the dash. Can be removed to clean the Hud glass ? And underneath it.
Back story, this is/was my twin brothers car. I have alot of Questions on whats he's done to it. (He was fanatical on maintenance on his cars. ) And what I am experiencing with it now. I can't ask, since he died unexpectedly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:08 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
Hey, I have 2 Questions.

On our 04 Bonneville GXP. I made a couple of short trips in the car I have not replaced the rear seat because I am looking for water leaks in the battery well. None so far, (I have moved the car so its not on an incline which it was for 6-8 months) anyway I hear like a circuit breaker clicking on and off and what sounds like a compressor or load leveling system run for like 10-15 seconds then stop it does this every little bit, the air compressor in the trunk is Off.
-- The load leveling system works all the time I believe...I know I've heard mine run when I wasn't in the car...it and the trunk compressor share the same air compressor.

Also whats the "normal" operating temp on the in car temp gauge? This is sitting a hair below 200°.
-- My gauge sits straight up...I believe they made the needle sit there as "normal" temp for any temp from like 185-230...the only way to truly see the temp is with a scan tool. so if it is going past that, your definitely running hot.

How do I clean the Hud? This has bits of cigarette ash and I want to see if the bezel around the Hud on top of the dash. Can be removed to clean the Hud glass ? And underneath it.
-- The square bezel can be removed, just be careful they get brittle with age. you can spray some windex on a cloth and wipe the plexiglass lens off, I would avoid spraying windex directly at electrical circuits etc....it run down somewhere you don't want it to.

Back story, this is/was my twin brothers car. I have alot of Questions on whats he's done to it. (He was fanatical on maintenance on his cars. ) And what I am experiencing with it now. I can't ask, since he died unexpectedly. -- Sorry for your loss

SLP Ceramic Coated Headers,
Thrasher Cold Air Intake,
GXP Tails, Interior Door handles, Trim pieces etc.
40th Aniv Grand Prix GTP Wheels (Very Shiny & Very Annoying :pukeleft: )

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:09 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 Bonneville GXP
Thanks, for the info Jeff.
More i am around the car the more I appreciate it. I know Mark loved it alot.