It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:30 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 SLE
This is driving me insane!!!!

I had my cluster "fixed" by a professional and he replaced the motors and lightbulbs in my cluster when all I needed was the motors replaced.
Upon starting it that night I found that the backlights in the cluster no longer worked. (they did before he "fixed" them).

All the other lights in the cluster work besides the backlights. (turn signals, gear shifter lights, driver information panel, mileage panel, check engine, ect...)

The guy swears up and down that it is the dimmer switch or the multifunction cruise control/headlight switch and not his fault.

The dimmer switch dims all interior lights including other lights in the cluster just like it should. (Still could be a problem?)
The headlight switch functions and turns the headlights on and off and also cruise control works on it. (Still could be a problem?)

He thought the issue was a fuse at first but he hooked up a multimeter and tested each fuse under the back seat and under the hood. Said none were blown.

I would like to know the exact fuse that controls the instrument panel lights. The diagrams do not have it listed.

Fuses I have checked under back seat:
14 Interior Lamp Dimmer Module
27 Interior Lamps
30 Instrument Panel
38 Dash Integration Module

I have not personally checked any fuses under the hood because I don't see a description to anything close to interior lights.

Please please please. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I went out and checked the fuses myself again. I ended up pulling [14 Interior Lamp Dimmer Module] turns out that fuse was reading correctly with key off but not when the key was one. I pulled the fuse and it was busted. I replaced the fuse and everything is working again!