It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 pontiac Bonneville SE
Hey everybody I just Purchased a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE with 88k miles little old lady owned. Drives like new ect. I've owned it a couple months got it inspected ect now iam looking to do some upgrades. Just last night I came across a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE with 124k miles motor trans ect perfect but the fender well driver side rear is completely rusted out. The shock has completely gone inside trunk. The car is the same color ect and iam thinking about buying it for parts can I upgrade my SE with some of the SLE upgrades the dual exhaust the dash has the fancy information center the leather seats ect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:56 pm 
GXP Member
GXP Member

Year and Trim: 2013 Regal GS
I'm not sure about anything electrical....hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

The dual exhaust can be swapped over to your SE, as well as the leather seats, among other things.

However, if I was you, I'd price check with Andrew, aka harofreak00, on the parts such as the exhaust. You could get rust free dual exhausts for a fraction of what the other car itself would cost. Plus, he might surprise you. When I wanted to put dual exhausts on my car, I went to Andrew...he surprised me with a rust-free SSEi exhaust system (resonator ---> tailpipes) and I've had them on my car for the last 4 years. I can provide a picture of what it looks like, if you're interested. (Note: I kept my resonator stock & have the SSEi one put away, just in case. It was much easier to DIY the exhaust system when leaving the original resonator on)

(yes, there is a story behind my avatar.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:00 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 pontiac Bonneville SE
I appreciate all of that luke. Really great info and other options to consider the car that i replaced was a 2004 buick lesabre with the 3.8. Iam a Gm fan and I love my new 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE and plan on running her for a long time. The 2000 SLE parts car if i buy it this Fri i will only have 450 bucks in it. It has the nice different wheels and new tires that would look great on mine as well alot of other things just wasn't sure about the electronics yet. i was going to save motor and trans just incase something happens i really wish gm would bring back Pontiac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Park Avenue
1994 Buick Regal Custom
I would say to buy the whole parts car if you can. Some electronics can swap right over, others require a tech II to reprogram (specialized dealer programmer typically) where as others will require extensive harness modifications, which would be made easier having the donor car on hand.

I think it would be good to put together a list of parts you want to swap over so we can help give a better idea on the size of the project.

1993 Buick Park Avenue - 197k - Some odds and ends done - Simply won't die
1994 Buick Regal - 78k - Bone stock - Always ready for a good kicking
1990 Oldsmobile 88 - Gone to a better place