It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:52 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: '01 Bonneville SE
Hi,

I feel like I've read every post on this forum and others related to power windows/door lock/mirrors not working and I've learned a lot, but I still don't know how to determine if the DDSA or the DDM is the source of the problem; the other switches operate at their respective doors. I have 12v going into the DDSA on the orange wire and measure voltage changes on the orange/black and red/black wires when using the door lock switch (4.7v to 0v). I have 12v on the tan/white (Simple Bus Interace) when the car is off and 8v when the car is on.

I've got continuity on every wire I've tested, but I still don't know how to use any of this to say definitively if the DDSA or DDM is the problem. Does determining that require more than a multimeter?

Please help. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:59 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonniville SSEi L67
if all the windows work at the doors, but not by drivers master, and if mirrors also nogo, then I would replace master with a working unit.

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:08 pm 
LE Member

96 SSEi wrote:
if all the windows work at the doors, but not by drivers master, and if mirrors also nogo, then I would replace master with a working unit.

By master, are you referring to the driver door module or the switch assembly?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:25 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
The DDM acts as a gateway between the Class 2 serial data bus and the SBI used for communication between the door modules. Without getting into a long drawn out explanation of what takes place when non-driver door controls attempt to open/close windows, the fact that they are working is very strongly suggestive that the DDM is fine and the DDSA is the problem.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:55 pm 
LE Member

Thanks for the response and sorry for the tardiness in my reply. None of the salvage yards around here have Bonneville's (which seems simultaneously good and bad), so I'm going to order a DDSA off of Ebay and let you know how it goes.

I completely disassembled my DDSA and didn't see anything out of the ordinary on my circuit board, but there is a section underneath a soldered-on heat shield that I can't see under. Nonetheless, I'm sure it could fail without any visible issues.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:55 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

My apologies for not responding sooner, because Andrew (harofreak00), parts out 2000+ Bonnevilles and probably has a dozen or more on the shelf, ready to go. He's a great source of parts when you need them.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:28 pm 
LE Member

ddalder wrote:
My apologies for not responding sooner, because Andrew (harofreak00), parts out 2000+ Bonnevilles and probably has a dozen or more on the shelf, ready to go. He's a great source of parts when you need them.

No problem. I installed the new DDSA and everything is back to normal! Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:02 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Glad to hear it's back to normal again!