It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:26 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 Pontiac Bonniville SE?
Hi I wish I had found this place Ages ago but I am glad I did now. I hope someone can help me. I have a 2000 pontiac Bonniville with only 133 000km (83 000 miles) on it and I got rear ended :sadeyz: .
I have had 2 estimates. 1 visual and 1 with the bumper off. Visual inspection missed body panel damage to the metal just below the trunk latch(total was $2 700canadian) It looked like a piece that is separate but welded on and has a hole for the trunk latch. It's only 3 or 4 inches wide and stretches along the bottom of the trunk opening and not the full length of the rear end so only 3 or 4 feet.
The Bumper is going to need replacement no matter what and same with the foam underside. The bumper off estimate was nearly $6000 thankfully the only extra damage found was the body panel and that total given to me came to maybe $250 plus (labor 2hrs and, paint ) :dontknow:

It's the Trunk light panel that has me hopeful and stressed. There are a few spots around it where the seal broke and a spot in the acrylic where it's not cracked through but it'still like someone took a knife into it. The surface is flat but it's almost like a delamination below. It does break the surface in a small Crack :dontknow: :helpsmilie: . Reading another post on here I am hopeful that some acrylic solvent or glue might seal it up so it looks decent until I can save and get it properly fixed and avoid it being written off [-( along with revealing it. If someone has more experience here I would greatly appreciate it! :hail: :helpsmilie:
Planning to head to pick and pull to salvage off of one of the 5 cars they have available. Any advice links or anything would be appreciated :hail:! I was contemplating taking a whole trunk lid off one of their cars to avoid fiddling. :helpsmilie: I will be back on tonight to reply to questions. Thank You and Happy Canada Day! :canada: