It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:55 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
A few weeks ago, I was tearing everything out of the trunk of my LeSabre (getting it ready for Matt's Rust Repair 101 class), and as I was carrying the sub box to the work bench, and idea hit me - install the system into the G8!

Here's a picture from years ago of the setup in my LeSabre's trunk (back when the car was still rolling under its own power):

Here's the box getting wired up in the G8:

What I did was disconnect the rear deck speakers from the factory amp, and then tapped into those wires. This now replaces the need for those rear speakers (they never hit real hard and always sounded kind of muddy).

It took me two weeks to finish because of work and all the rain we've had, but I finally got it all back together and tuned last night (I need to find a way to secure it, but I'll figure that out later):

I also added a bass controller knob (since I'm still running the stock head unit, and have no subwoofer control):

The equipment might be 12 years old, but it still hits hard. The audio output sounds a little better now (I've already replaced the door speakers with Infinity's). Next on the list is removing that ear-piercing center speaker.

Also, as a bonus, I finally installed the glove box light. I've had the harness for 4 years, just took me awhile (for those that don't know, GM chose to remove these for the G8's).

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 216K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow High Flow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | Cleared Corners | PIAA Bulbs | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 92K Miles | Stock
2009 G8 GT: 88K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project