It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 62  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:22 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: Black 2001 Bonneville SSEi
Thats what I was concerned about. Low pressure causing shift problems. I have 48 oz in there now (two bottles). Shifting has improved but I still get a little slip going into 3rd

ImageImage
Burnt Bonny.

Note if you pull the injectors to obserbe fuel delivery...make sure you leave the plugs in and disconnect the ign. Believe me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:54 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
That's already too much, IMHO. Lucas won't fix a bad trans, it is just covering up the symptoms...

Also, are you losing fluid? Transmissions don't burn fluid, so that should be suspect...

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:39 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: Black 2001 Bonneville SSEi
I just did a fluid and filter change a few days ago. I used about 5.5 qts ATF and the two bottles of Lucas. Not seeing any drips so far. Nor did I ever have to add any ATF before I did f-f change. My guess is its worn out frictions and the only actual fix is a rebuild. Make sense?

ImageImage
Burnt Bonny.

Note if you pull the injectors to obserbe fuel delivery...make sure you leave the plugs in and disconnect the ign. Believe me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:49 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Yep. I'd top it up with ATF. Your two bottles of Lucas probably isn't doing any more good than one bottle would have. You can have too much of a good thing...

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:12 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Drove thru 25 miles of this sh*t!!!! Watched a car spin into the ditch and another spin into a truck on the freeway. I was white knuckled praying I wouldn't get hit! Cars blowing by as if the roads were dry...smh

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:14 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 SE 140,000 miles
After being foiled by rusted bolts and not having the proper tools twice, I was finally able to get a hockey puck mount in today.

Initially, I tried to install it with one of my friends who is also a car nut. The first time, the bolt on top of the mount was too rusted and we couldn't get enough leverage to get it off. I had the mechanic I am interning for loosen it and tighten it back up so I could drive the car until my friend came back over.

The second time, the bolt on the bottom of the mount was rusted, and because it is kinna tucked in the subframe, we couldn't get a wrench or our shallow socket sets on the bolt. As we were putting the bracket back on, I was under the car tightening one of the bracket bolts, I got a wrench dropped on my face and now have a nice little bruise around my eye.... :banghead:

So today after all the work was done at the garage, the mechanics I'm interning for helped me install it all. They were pretty weary about the whole job, weren't huge fans of the set up i guess.... but once it was installed and I took it for a ride, I am pretty happy with it so far. She definitely shifts alot quicker and nicer, and pickup seems to be improved. Eventually, I may buy one of the solid mounts that Rock Auto sells, but for now I'll stick with the pucks, as long as it stays together.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: Several years, various trims
Figured out how to pull the dash out of my Cutlass, inspected the speaker wiring, and installed two new front speakers.

MattStrike wrote:

Tim will be an official event. Signs, tents, and everything! I mean it this time!

2012 Nissan Titan SV 4x4, 5.6L V8
1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham, TBD
1980 Chevy Chevette, 1.6L (for now....)
1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
2014 Chevy Cruze LT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:10 am 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
What did I do to my car today..... well....
replaced front mount, replaced blower and plenum gaskets, double oil changed (one with cheap stuff and a few minutes to make sure all water was out of the block), installed cooler plugs, installed driver window motor, outer tie rods, cooler thermostat, installed some high flow mufflers (was straight piped), new ac compressor and drier, flushed the cooling system, water pump, new fog lights, fixed the sunroof, new oil sending unit, ordered a blend door actuator (no AC driver side), ordered new plug wires, ordered new OEM rear shocks, changed the oil in the supercharger, replaced all the vac lines, replaced cabin air filter and cleaned some crap out of it.

Monday should be round two!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:02 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Well I was planning on taking the day off but couldn't help myself.

Went ahead and swapped out the nasty cabin filter to one of those Fram Baking Soda ones since the WIX didn't want to fold for some reason, did a new intake filter since the one it had was nasty, swapped out the fuel filter, installed the new plug wires (car seems to like them) and then did the stereo bulb replacement. Must have done something wrong because the clock seems to not quite light up all the way.
After that I finished aligning the sunroof so it now opens and closes without assistance. Then cleaned up the engine bay a bit and called it a day..... after taking a quick romp on the highway. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:39 pm 
Retired Gearhead
Retired Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi, 79 Firebird, 88 Jeep, 11 Yukon Denali
Prepped and ready for a week of triple digit driving 1000 miles.
Hey that's a significant trip based on how many miles I have on er now! :banana:

Meth injection temporarily decommissioned in favour of the windshield wiper fluid.

Two bottles of octane booster to counter the WEAK American fuel.....thanks Obama!

Six techno devices connected to my power outlets......it's still a clear view out the front windsheild even with the sunglass clip holders.
The 400 hp rear window decals don't obstruct the rear view at all.
GPS
XM receiver
Radar Detector
Bluetooth receiver
I-Phone charger
XM receiver FM inverter
....and a 120V converter

:bwoohoo:

2000 SSEi - SilverBullet - 78,000 kms, 4" "straight shot" custom headlight ram air inlet, TOGs, 1.9's, Lsd, 2.9-3.4"MPS 10-15 psi, Ported GenV, EGR eliminated, OR pushrods, oil volume kit, trani cooler & shift kit, Titanium retainers, 90 lb springs, 160 Stat, 42# injectors, Fuel pump voltage increase, Wideband O2, 3" to dual 2 1/2" Magnaflows, Snow Meth/water injection, after SC temp gauge, 255/50WR17, timing commander set 15-18*@WOT, 2 speed Fan over-ride, disabled DRL, Solid motor mount, Meziere Electric water pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Drilled & slotted rotors/ceramics, GXP sway bars and STB, Upgraded and rebuilt transmission with ZZP 2500 rpm stall TC, Pioneer Bluetooth stereo with sub and 800 W amps, PB 13.5 quarter, (April 2014 car of the month)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

^ *next post* So I need a new alternator and the cigarette lighter outlet burst into flames..... :p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:59 pm 
Retired Gearhead
Retired Gearhead

Speed limit....80

2000 SSEi - SilverBullet - 78,000 kms, 4" "straight shot" custom headlight ram air inlet, TOGs, 1.9's, Lsd, 2.9-3.4"MPS 10-15 psi, Ported GenV, EGR eliminated, OR pushrods, oil volume kit, trani cooler & shift kit, Titanium retainers, 90 lb springs, 160 Stat, 42# injectors, Fuel pump voltage increase, Wideband O2, 3" to dual 2 1/2" Magnaflows, Snow Meth/water injection, after SC temp gauge, 255/50WR17, timing commander set 15-18*@WOT, 2 speed Fan over-ride, disabled DRL, Solid motor mount, Meziere Electric water pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Drilled & slotted rotors/ceramics, GXP sway bars and STB, Upgraded and rebuilt transmission with ZZP 2500 rpm stall TC, Pioneer Bluetooth stereo with sub and 800 W amps, PB 13.5 quarter, (April 2014 car of the month)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:48 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

I guess I never commented: over Easter I washed and waxed the G8, but it so needs a full detail, tons of swirls and fine scratches, and the front end so badly needs a re-paint. I'll throw some pics in another thread.

I also got MN Support Our Troops plate, which has an Eagle on it and red and white striped background. I love 'em. No pics of those though.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:36 am 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: .
2015 Buick Enclave
2013 Buick Regal GS
Cleaned my air filter and MAF sensor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:11 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Oh, and I forgot to comment about what I did to our Bonneville! LOL. That got a new shock mount, GXP wheels back on, vacuumed out and zip-tied a small tear in the bottom of the front bumper where someone obviously parked over a curb or something and ripped it back when they reversed out. It's also back from the body shop now from being fixed where my dad was rear-ended in it this winter, and where my sister smashed the front right fender into a post. I feel so bad for that car...

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:06 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

2015 Buick Enclave
2013 Buick Regal GS
Chicken Guts got it's first mod today......... a hockey puck mount.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

2015 Buick Enclave
2013 Buick Regal GS
Washed 2 Bonnevilles and the Regal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:01 pm 
Retired Gearhead
Retired Gearhead

I really like those Regal wheels!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:50 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 00 Regal
Washed it and it's big brother the 4runner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:13 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Took Gina to NTB to get the tire leaks figured out. 2 of them would drop from 35 psi to 24 psi within 2 days. They said the wheel weights were corroded and causing the leaks. Put new ones on, so fingers crossed it takes care of it!

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 62  Next