It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:56 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
Hoping to get this put in next weekend. Also installing new cooler lines to the radiator and replacing a leaky gasket with a new OEM one (not cork) Had a few questions, how much fluid am I going to need? My car is a '03 SSEi with the 4T65-HD trans. I've seen something somewhere but can't find it now. 7.4 quarts comes to mind. As of now I am planning on picking up 7 qts of AC Delco Dex VI and a bottle of this https://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=29&catid=9&loc=show&headTitle=%20-%20Lucas%20Transmission%20Fix I've been pleased with its results in the past.

I have a torque wrench that reads 10-75 ft lbs. 10 ft lbs will be fine for the pan bolts but it says to torque the accumulator bolts to 106 in lbs (8.83 ft lbs) Will my torque wrench go down to that? I can turn it below 10 ft lbs but I've never used it so I don't know if it will "click". Or will I be fine to not worry about it at all and just torque the accumulator bolts to 10 ft lbs?

Since I have the HD I have a 258mm converter. I thought I had questions about the assembly sequence but the more I read it the more it makes sense I think. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only EXISTING hardware I will reuse for 2-3 assembly is the pin, accumulator piston/ seal assembly, and the 2-3 shift spring? Same goes for 1-2 with exception of 1-2 shift spring instead of 2-3. It should all make better sense once I pull the accumulator cover I'm hoping.

Sorry for the blurriness but this is the 258mm assembly picture 2-3 is on top 1-2 on bottom. I tried circling them in red but photobucket is being a POS. Counting from left to right for 2-3 I need to reuse items 6, 8, and 9 right? And for 1-2 items 5,6, and 7?

Which side is 1-2 and 2-3???

Anyone please feel free to share any helpful tips! I won't need to know anything in particular or need any special tools to replace the cooler lines will I? Should just be a piece of cake to swap those I'm hoping.

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:59 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Well now my edits in red show up. I must be getting drunk or something lol

'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:17 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Yeah, I was planning on doing this before too long, but I've only given the instructions a quick glancing over. I don't even like the idea of playing around in my transmission. So, I'll be watching this thread, since I'll probably have the same questions when the times comes.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 101K Miles | Custom FWI
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:04 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 2001 Grand Prix GT Auto-X
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarte ... -2696.html

in/lb torque wrenches are not that expensive if you're concerned about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:56 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Got this installed over the weekend. It took a little doing but I got it! I am pretty pleased with the results I guess. My shifts don’t click in super tight at full throttle like I thought but everywhere else in the RPM band is nice and crisp. No surprises really in the pan, fluid had decent color yet and there were no chunks to speak of. Only thing I am a little concerned of is the wear on my pan (see pic). This is right below where the filter would be I think. Took about 8 ½ quarts of fluid I would say. The trans lines on the other hand did not go so good…the metal c-clips that hold them in were really a PITA to get out. Oh and…DO NOT BUY TRANS LINES FROM ROCK AUTO!!! They went into the trans ok but would NOT fit in the radiator! :banghead: :banghead: I tried cutting down the end a bit but still no luck. The line appears slightly larger than stock and the amount of tubing at the end before it flanges out is longer. After lots of swearing and throwing things I ended up putting my old lines back on for the time being. Usually I am pretty patient with working on cars and I haven’t lost it like that in a long time. So frustrating but I was by myself so nobody else had to listen to me. I need to call them now and give a royal ass chewing and figure out what the return policy is. I will check a local parts store for new ones this week and if I don’t like the looks of those I’ll have to suck it up and buy from the dealer. Hopefully I can get them installed this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:34 am 
SSE Member
SSE Member

1999 Park Ave. Ultra L67
Just buy the lines from the dealer. They're cheap and they fit. I deal with this $hit with aftermarket parts every day. I feel your pain.