It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:12 am 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 1992 SE
Awhile ago I posted about adding performance to my 92 se, but I have recently aquired a 94 ssei for a parts car. My end goal porbably over this winter is to strip everything off this car and put into my se including interior and all power options. I know it will be difficult and time consuming, but worth it to me. Along with this swap over will be the entire drivetrain. I will rebuild the engine and trans over the winter. I am really curious about adding more performance though. I've been searching for the majority of the day about this and realize theres not much out there for a series I. I am going to build up this engine and not swap out for a series II just to put that out there. I have a friend whos friends with a performance shop and will have them port the heads, and I believe I can port the supercharger myself after checking out the 3800 supercharger page. But what I really need to know is what about cams, and headers? I have been told previously about crow and having a custom one made, but I need a bit more input on that like whats thier website so I can contact them about it? And also I have read about 1.8 rockers and plan to add those as long as it doesnt mess up other performance mods. I do plan to add a cai and bigger exhaust with an 80 series flowmaster as well as high flow cat, the 180 thermostat and colder plugs obviously. What other recomendations do you guys have towards other mods to add/or have done? I also know I'd need either a chip custom burnt or ecu programmed wich left me confused with the obd 1.5 aspect of the 94 ssei, which would I need a chip or ecu programmed? This will be my first supercharged/semi-late model v6 build. V8's I know all about especially the thirdgen f-bodys, but the bonnys are kinda new territory for me and really want to make sure I get all the best info I can get before I go to far with any part of the build. Also just to mention straight out here the ssei has severe rear frame rot and I do not plan on fixing that car, just taking everything and putting it my 92 se. I am also very attached to my 92 and have all the time in the world to do this swap. If possible I really would like to get about 300hp out of the engine. Any helpful info is greatly appreciated. Thanx for reading this long post.

--Brian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 1992 SSE
2009 G8 GT
Here's a few threads that might help.

post168798.html?hilit=crow#p168798

post170481.html?hilit=crow#p170481

post171740.html?hilit=crow#p171740

post186993.html?hilit=crow#p186993

WHITE WHINE - 1992 SSE Supercharged 236.26 ci (.040 Over) 15.090 at 90.2 MPH on old engine w/ slipping trans & melted O2 sensor - Gen 3 M62 and matching TB, Gen 2 Pully, Zillamotorsports Ported LIM, YT 1.72 Roller Rockers, SII FPR & Injectors, Hypertech Thermomaster chip w/ 160 Thermo, TransGo Shift Kit, Infinity/Pioneer Speakers & a 10" Alpine Type R Sub, all the watts, 140 amp Alternator, Ricepipe CAI w/ heatshield, Pilot Angel Eye Foglights, Clear Corners, '02 17" Chrome Bent 5's, Magnaflow F-Body Muffler and Hi-flo Cat, Ceramic Coated Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Fan Override, Monroe Reflex struts, red calipers
2009 G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, loaded, SOLO Axlebacks, Rotofab Intake, Tuned, autodim mirror, removed intake manifold cover, HSV GTS triple gauge pod, two tone red-hot shifter and HSV SuperSport steering wheel, GXP rear sway bar and diffuser, 3.45 diff and various Camaro suspension bits, LED Taillights