It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:53 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
That won't work, the tensioner and idler for the S/C are part of that whole assembly.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:28 pm 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
1991 SE
ChilinMichael wrote:
http://www.mralternator.com/highoutput.html

This is where I went for my 160amp, which has served me well for quite a while...believe you went here too right Wren?

You'll have to call them, they don't list for our car but do have. See what they can offer you.

When i was looking for 200 amp alternator he could not get the parts for one. I got one via summit racing, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWM-48286/. This one puts out over 125 amps at idle, and mine tested out over 225 amps. This is also a direct factory replacement, ie it's the same size.

2001 SSEi | Galaxy Silver | GenV supercharger P&P | Intense 3.2 MPS | Intense FWI 4"| Custom PCM | TOG Ceramic headers | Magnaflow 3" cat | 180° stat | Aeroforce scan gauge | PRJ plug wires | PRJ fuel rails | Silicone vacuum lines| AP103 plugs | 3.2 MPS | 42.5# injectors | Intense 1x cam kit | YT 1.8 Rockers | 105# springs | Meziere HD pump | N* Tb | 185mm MAF | 2" Phenolic Intercooler | Oil pressure kit | L32 short block | 5% overdrive SFI Balancer | L67 heads custom ported | EBC USR Rotors | EBC Red stuff pads | Custom HID Fog lights, with HI-beam over ride | Polyurethane motor mount | Energy Suspension end links | GXP Shocks/Struts | Custom Drop springs Front, Rear FE5 Springs | GXP Strut tower Brace | GP GXP 18x8 Rims | Polished Exhaust tips | Triple Edge High Performance Street/Strip 4T65E-HD |

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 pm 
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Location: Oregon WCBF'04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11 Survivor
Year and Trim: .
93 SSEi
95 SLE (SC)
97 Buick LeSabre
I'm going to re-post something I said earlier to drive the point home:

I hope you re-think your plans with your system, and if you don't, I hope you don't find a 600-amp solution, or even the 300-amp solution your system actually needs. Why? I have significant hearing loss due to my time in the Military. I'm on a partial VA disability due to jet noise and gunfire. During that time in the military, when exposed to those noises, I was wearing hearing protection. I STILL have lost a significant amount of upper-frequency perception which causes me great difficulty in discerning voices with background noise. I also have random Tinnitis in both ears, alternately ringing at unpredictable times, sometimes both. It's very annoying and also very much a disability. I'm only 45 years old, and I've been suffering from this for 10 years already.

The system you're planning (without ear protection) is far worse than my exposure to jet noise and gunfire WITH ear protection. It's easy for me to tell you this, having already become a victim. When you're 45, and you look back on this, you'll ask yourself why you did it anyway. Now think about your family. It's not just your ears. Overkill audio systems are incredibly bad for your hearing and WILL cause long-term hearing problems. What's worse is that the big loud high-amp banging booming systems don't even begin to reproduce true and pure audio in the manner that it's recorded, produced, or sold. More amps typically means worse sound.

If you want true reproduction of studio-quality sound, drop the dreams and go for true pure sound, not boom bang boom bang I have a bigger alternator than you. I won't think any less of you if you re-think your plans, and I'll do everything I can to help you get there. I'm closely tied to one of the top-100 car audio retailers in the nation. I own and host his website for him.

PontiacDad at WCBF '04: Cruise control? That's like surrendering!
Comprehensive guide to troubleshooting, rebuilding, and modifying Eaton Superchargers