It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
I haven't seen anyone on here that's done it. Maybe another site, or the "old" site, but not here.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:53 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: sold
Someone put in the 4t80. I don't think the twincharged has been done on a bville, and definately not on a Series I. There are some other issues there that Wren would be the man to tell you about. Injectors are an EV1 style from most retailers so if the plugs on a series I are EV1 then they should work. The problem you are going to run into is tuning it in my opinion. Series I is a whole different beast.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:22 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: .
1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
SuperSLE wrote:
Someone put in the 4t80. I don't think the twincharged has been done on a bville, and definately not on a Series I. There are some other issues there that Wren would be the man to tell you about. Injectors are an EV1 style from most retailers so if the plugs on a series I are EV1 then they should work. The problem you are going to run into is tuning it in my opinion. Series I is a whole different beast.

I could get injectors localy. but depending on the year of series one it could be obd1 or 1.5 correct? Im hoping willwren can put in his .02 because i do not know for sure what the tuning is like and / or what years are differnt.

06 Grand Prix GXP Diablosport Trinity , No DOD , Transgo SK , MSD 8.5MM Wires , NGK TR6IX plugs , LED's , Optima RedTop , Projector Retro , 3K Fogs , 20" Led Driving light , K&N CAI w/ Volant oversize air filter , Raybestos Brakes
94 SSEi NGK Plugs , Blue Streak Wires , Pulled Maf screen , Custom Exhaust , Raybestos Brakes , 12" MTX Audio sub and amp , Piaa Plasma Ion Foglight Housings , HIR His' and Lows' , Tinted Tails

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

94 is OBD 1. I think willwren has custom chips burned, but I could be wrong.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
Ok. lol he probably would XD. does anyone know the name of the person who did a 4T80?

06 Grand Prix GXP Diablosport Trinity , No DOD , Transgo SK , MSD 8.5MM Wires , NGK TR6IX plugs , LED's , Optima RedTop , Projector Retro , 3K Fogs , 20" Led Driving light , K&N CAI w/ Volant oversize air filter , Raybestos Brakes
94 SSEi NGK Plugs , Blue Streak Wires , Pulled Maf screen , Custom Exhaust , Raybestos Brakes , 12" MTX Audio sub and amp , Piaa Plasma Ion Foglight Housings , HIR His' and Lows' , Tinted Tails

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:46 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Sadden wrote:
Ok. lol he probably would XD.

What is that supposed to mean??

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
He has done soooo much to that vehicle. He probably would have custom pcm. :0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:51 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

With any mods you need to have a Custom tune. It maximizes the gain. It's the same with any vehicle, whether it be carburated or injected, you just "tune" them a little differently.

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:07 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
Ok.
everyone has a custom tune around here :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:35 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: sold
I bought a tuner just for that reason, but for OBDII it is much easier to pull that off. I think this is a sweet idea, but it isn't going to be a bolt in job at all. Going to require a lot of different custom things and then there is the issue of space to put everything. Especially at bigger trans where there isn' that much room in there to put it to begin with. That thing is huge. Haven't found that thread for the swap of the trannies yet though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:02 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
definatly not. but definatly could be intersting and powerfull.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:08 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
Still waiting for someone with experience to chip in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:29 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
No one?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:20 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2001 BMW 330i
ZSP Sport Pack
Moonroof
What do you want to know about it? Specific questions are easier to answer than just throwing out a topic and hoping for a response. Turbo + SC is pretty bitching, but takes a lot of tuning/setup ahead of time.

- Titanium Silver - Sport Package - 3 Pedals - Koni Yellow/H&R Sport
2006 Volkswagen GTI - (gone) Tornado Red - DSG, Stage II~280hp/325tq
1993 Pontiac Bonneville - (gone) Purple Pearl H4U/SLE. Loud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:25 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2009 G8 GT
Sadden wrote:
No one?

I'm being quiet because you remind me of myself at 18. I did nitrous on an L27 and blew the gaskets out of the motor and sold it.

Now days I'm no mechanical genius but I know that what you're asking is simply out of the question.

What is your end goal?

FMS Custom Cam, Yank 3600 SS, 1LE (ZL1) 3.91, SLP Longtubes, Magnaflow cat-back, Rotofab CAI, tuned via HPTuners
415/391

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 am 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 SLE
There isn't any better timing chain for you engine. Keep the stock rockers, and then you will need to have some company make some custom Camshaft for you, and take yours out and have some random machine shop measure it. BUT ALL that stuff needs to be custom made, so order the SpeedPro Tri Metal bearings, they seem to be the strongest out there at the moment. Manton Racing makes 3/8" pushrods, buy you will need to clearance you engine with a machine shop. For JON BOB's GTP, PRJ is making some Cromoly Crank Shaft, so get that for 3K, it looks nice, but no-one will be able to see it, but, THAT IS NOT THE POINT!!!

GET custom JE pistons, and you'll want to get the skirts antifriction coated. I prefer the Rhodes lifters to us, instead of the Comps. You will need adjustable rockers for Comp Cams Lifters.

Don't worry about messing up your head gasket, and the stock one you have should take up to AT MOST 30 psi, but personally I don't recommend doing that.

People have brought up sensors and OBD2, you can got to OBD2 with the series 1 engine...So the TPS, is just a potentiometer. FIND the pin out and the other wires, there are like 3, and and then hit them up to your computer. But use a 85mm MAS, or a speed density tone...And the IAC can been in tone or you can adapt it, whatever turns you on.

Just take care and add one Nock Sensor, and adapt and MAP, it is easy. A new O2S, and use some tap and die to make new placements for that. NOW the OBD2 Computer can have or support 2 main O2S. You can run an O2S for each exhast manifold. Now go get that stuff done...

Now with that, you can run a built 4T65E, for some racing, that can take up to 900HP, and the input shaft cost like 1.8K!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:19 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 1988 and 1987 Buick Lesabre T-Type
00Beast wrote:
Good luck with the 4T80E. It's not a direct bolt-in, even to the engine. You'll have to have a custom adapter plate made, and have custom mounts and everything made.

Why dont you do some research before you start commenting. It will bolt right up to the engine. It still uses the 60* pattern.

Cream Puff 1988 Lesabre T-Type 194500 miles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:27 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
dirtracr95: minus the mounts.

04sle: that is a lot of work and a fair bit of money. its something i would love to do. but it wont happen this year i think. thank you all of that information helps. what do you estimate grand total would be with a 4t80?

Allmachtige: i would LOVE to hit 500-600 horsepower but that wont happen this year. if in a year or two i do a ball bearing T76 i want to run 800 horsepower as a daily driver..
evidentaly even the 500-600 wont happen for awhile. im gonna see if i can break 300 or 350 this year and go from there. im gonna try and focus more on bodywork / interior this summer. so do try to remember that this is just something im looking into aand talking about / over with those of you who have more experience.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:30 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2001 BMW 330i
ZSP Sport Pack
Moonroof
800hp in a 3800 fwd drivetrain is a stretch to imagine as streetable, let alone daily driveable. Find a live axle RWD car if that is your endgame.

- Titanium Silver - Sport Package - 3 Pedals - Koni Yellow/H&R Sport
2006 Volkswagen GTI - (gone) Tornado Red - DSG, Stage II~280hp/325tq
1993 Pontiac Bonneville - (gone) Purple Pearl H4U/SLE. Loud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2006 Chevy Silverado LT
1989 Camaro RS LT1
I hate to burst your bubble, but I doubt this information is just going to show up. You need to search the web and maybe even the other forums to try and find some information on this.

edit: x2 on the above post.

--1989 Camaro RS-LT1/700r4 drivetrain swap, Corvette trans internals w/2200 stall,
rebuilt engine with LT4 cam

Last edited by lowrider0308 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next