It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A sad day..
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:42 am 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 06
Driving down a narrow path today and suddenly a Silver Toyota 4 Runner comes up beside me and pretty much forces me into a gate.. Both sides of Bonnie have paint residue, silver on the drivers side and yellow on the passenger side. I'm going to try to buff it out, failing that I guess i'm going to have to get a new paint job =/ If I do buff it out i'm going to need two rear view mirrors because they're pretty screwed..

The truck had
-No License Plates
-No Badges/Trim
-5% Limo Window Tint

No pictures of my car as it is too painful..
Makes me very upset that this happened and I almost cried :(

Then.. later tonight a white really fancy Lincoln with 5% window tint rolled up in front of my house, came to the door rang the doorbell once, waited awhile and then drove off.. I have no idea what's going on but my dog probably scared him away.

Post subject: Re: A sad day..
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:04 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE
Why didn't you answer the door...?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:22 am 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Because I had no idea who it was, and a fancy car rolling up with 5% limo tint is kind of weird to see... Plus there's been mob shootings etc around me, and it was dark outside. Plus the fact that I had already had a run in with a vehicle with 5% limo tint..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:31 am 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 2007 Grand Prix GT
OO The evil 5% guy is coming to get you. Next time answer the door with your cell phone ready to dial 911. I don't think you have anything to worry about though.

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (project BlackSheep) Bone stock for now, 5 spd and fun as hell! (Gf's Ride)
1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE Gone but not forgotten
1997 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4 5.9L The Beast!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:10 am 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 Bonneville SSEi
Forget the cell phone. I've got something for bad guys at my front door. If I think something is amiss I don't hesitate to make sure they know I'm not going down without a fight. :uzi: But I dont think you had anything to worry about either. Better safe than sorry though.

Last edited by BonnyBoy01 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
^^ I'm w/ stupid. Get a gun, and keep it within close reach. When they come to the door, have it w/ you and get some answers.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:13 pm 

Year and Trim: 09 G8 GT
Not exactly the easiest or most legal (or sensible) thing to do in Canuckistan when it comes to firearms. :wink:

More or less, if you have a firearms licence, unless you're transporting directly to or from a point of recreation or hunting, everything has to locked up and hidden away. You'd also probably have a lot of explaining to do if you were found to have taken your gun out for anything else.

Anyways, back on topic. Piss anyone off lately, Ragsdale?

09 Lexus LS460 AWD -- 94,000km -- Daily Driver
09 White Hot G8 GT -- 155,000km (fuelly) -- LS3 Cam -- GM LS3 CNC Ported Heads -- Kooks 1 3/4" Long Tube Headers -- Solo Catback Midsection -- Hooker Maxflow Mufflers -- Pat G Tune -- Rotofab Intake -- Tein S-Tech Springs -- GXP FE3 Dampers -- BMR Subframe Cradle Inserts -- BMR Subframe Connectors -- Forgestar F14 Gold 18x9 +40 -- Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/45/18 -- Maverick Man Carbon Fiber Spoiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:16 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2001 GMC Yukon XL
i would've answered the door, personally. unless you know for sure that there is someone out to get you for some reason or another, you shouldnt have to worry about answering the door. granted it is somewhat odd, who knows, maybe it was the 4 runner driver coming to give you insurance info or something, now you may never know.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:20 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: .
2015 Buick Enclave
2013 Buick Regal GS
OK, it is time:

:bworthless:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:29 pm 
Retired Gearhead
Retired Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi, 79 Firebird, 88 Jeep, 11 Yukon Denali
If you guys had seen our local news about the random gang shootings in Langley and Surrey where Ragsdale lives, you wouldn't blame him for not answering the door.
One 21 year old woman was shot dead with her 4 year old in the back seat watching. Others gunned down in broad daylight thru 'tinted' car windows.
Many killings have been mistaken identities!
14 shootings in two weeks.

This recession is hitting the steet gangs hard too. They are out collecting their dues. 8-[

That being said, if someone came up beside me, and I was driving your car :wink: , I'd ram them off the road or at least chase them down in hopes of a police car interupting. :roll:

2000 SSEi - SilverBullet - 78,000 kms, 4" "straight shot" custom headlight ram air inlet, TOGs, 1.9's, Lsd, 2.9-3.4"MPS 10-15 psi, Ported GenV, EGR eliminated, OR pushrods, oil volume kit, trani cooler & shift kit, Titanium retainers, 90 lb springs, 160 Stat, 42# injectors, Fuel pump voltage increase, Wideband O2, 3" to dual 2 1/2" Magnaflows, Snow Meth/water injection, after SC temp gauge, 255/50WR17, timing commander set 15-18*@WOT, 2 speed Fan over-ride, disabled DRL, Solid motor mount, Meziere Electric water pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Drilled & slotted rotors/ceramics, GXP sway bars and STB, Upgraded and rebuilt transmission with ZZP 2500 rpm stall TC, Pioneer Bluetooth stereo with sub and 800 W amps, PB 13.5 quarter, (April 2014 car of the month)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:04 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
I agree w/ Paul. A car is a material object. Your safety and life are much more important than any SSEi will ever be.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:11 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

It was a side street and I didn't have anywhere I could go.. I was literally jammed between him and the gate. If I had seen him coming I would of just stepped on it and gotten the hell out of there,

Anyways.. Most of the paint transfer came out with polishing compound and clay bar, there's a couple of spots of missing paint and a lot of scratches but looks WAY better.

Now i just need to hunt down two side view mirrors..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:11 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 90 SSE / L67 4T65E-HD
that sucks dude. i hope you filed a police report about it at the least....

If it had been me, i personally would have pit maneuvered him and run him off the road. but thats me....

10 Mercury Milan Premier 3.0 Duratec DOHC/6F35