It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mach 1 disapointment
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:38 am 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP
Now I've owned faster cars, I've driven and rode in friends cars that are fast, like 10 and 11 sec 1/4 mile fast. I don't consider my GXP to be fast. Quick, yes but not "fast." But there's this guy in my town, he drive's this tan Mustang Mach 1. He thinks it's the fasts thing in the world, and he tries to prove it all the time. I've seen him beat many people tooling around town and he seems to be pretty good with the clutch. He's quick off the line and he's got intake and exhaust work done so it isn't a slouch after launch either...

That being said, I happened upon him last night on a long empty road. I was cruising along just a hair over the speed limit in the right lane and slowly overtook him. I saw him checking out my car as pulled up along side of me and we hit a red light. At this point I had no intentions of racing, nor was I ready to do such a thing.

He revved a couple of times and crept toward the line. When the light turned green, there was a loud squawk and he lunged forward, exhaust roaring as he began to pull away. For whatever reason, something clicked, I could have let him look like a jackass and walk away from the sedan at the light next to him but instead, I thought 'let's see what this thing's got' and mashed the throttle.

I went from seeing his taillights as he exited the other end of the intersection to being next to him with just his bumper ahead of mine in a split second!! He shifted, squawked hard again, lunged forward and I stayed right there, just a bumper's difference. When we hit 80mph, I let off and he blew ahead of me. He continued on down the road at that speed for a while, I'm sure he was thinking he won.

Technically, his sporty Mach 1 did beat me, in my 4 door, "luxury" car. Had I considered actually trying to race him from the start though, I think I would have had a nose on him the entire time, which is enough for me. I know that if it came down to it, I could upset some Mustang owners. I never considered my car to be fast but every time I push into the accelerator she growls and tends to surprise me. Last night was fun, and I hope that he's out there wondering why he couldn't simply outrun a heavy old Bonneville.

:btruestory:

2004 Bonneville GXP Crimson Tintcoat- Casual fuel gauge | Brake Performance drilled/slotted rotors front and rear| Retrofit Morimoto mini H1 | clear corners | disabled DRL | 3000K HID fogs | 5% tint | K&N | Yakima rack with fairing, bike rails and kayak rack | Intermittent radio display
1995 Bonneville SSE Deep Amethyst Pearl- SSEI tails | 5% tint | 3 12jlw3v2 in custom enclosure -Gone
1991 Bonneville LE Blue- Alloy spokes -Deceased(deer)

Post subject: Re: Mach 1 disapointment
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 1992 SSE
2009 G8 GT
Street racing stories aren't allowed.

WHITE WHINE - 1992 SSE Supercharged 236.26 ci (.040 Over) 15.090 at 90.2 MPH on old engine w/ slipping trans & melted O2 sensor - Gen 3 M62 and matching TB, Gen 2 Pully, Zillamotorsports Ported LIM, YT 1.72 Roller Rockers, SII FPR & Injectors, Hypertech Thermomaster chip w/ 160 Thermo, TransGo Shift Kit, Infinity/Pioneer Speakers & a 10" Alpine Type R Sub, all the watts, 140 amp Alternator, Ricepipe CAI w/ heatshield, Pilot Angel Eye Foglights, Clear Corners, '02 17" Chrome Bent 5's, Magnaflow F-Body Muffler and Hi-flo Cat, Ceramic Coated Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Fan Override, Monroe Reflex struts, red calipers
2009 G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, loaded, SOLO Axlebacks, Rotofab Intake, Tuned, autodim mirror, removed intake manifold cover, HSV GTS triple gauge pod, two tone red-hot shifter and HSV SuperSport steering wheel, GXP rear sway bar and diffuser, 3.45 diff and various Camaro suspension bits, LED Taillights

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]