It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Near misses
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:22 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Park Avenue
1994 Buick Regal Custom
I seem to be collecting enough of these lately, I figured I may as well start a catch all thread. So, post your near misses as they happen (or even a couple recently too).

For those who need a little help, I define a near miss as an incident that required immediate evasive action to avoid.

I will start with a couple of my own, these have all happened in the last year.

The U-Turn

Country rd, 1 lane each way, cruise set at 45mph indicated (really officer, my speedo is 10% high :angel4: ). I see a white Intrepid up ahead, dive off in to the right shoulder (actually dirt 1 foot past the line), and pull around like he is going to go for a U-Turn. Fair enough, I figure. He will see me coming up on him, he will wait for me to pass, and on he will go. No big deal. He breaches the roadway, and that is when I realize we are in immediate danger of a complicated physics equation. I jump to full brakes and lay on the horn. I get absolutely NO reaction from the other driver, no "OMG I gotta move", no "Oh woe for I have erred", nothing. If I came to a full stop, I would have ended up 3 feet from his door (it didn't go that far). Had I not been paying attention, he would have had a SERIOUS problem. Only an idiot exposes their drivers door to the front end of a Park Avenue.

The Punk

This one isn't a near miss, but the story is hilarious.

Same country road as last time, this one just after I make the turn on to it, I see, what looks like a neighborhood punk walking on the road. Loose skater shoes, bounces twice with each step, sagging shorts he is holding up the whole time, designer T-shirt, curly hair sticking out from under a off kilter and upward pointing designer cap. I see him walking, on the middle of the lane I would like to be in, I lay back to let oncoming traffic pass. I am sure you see what I saw here, a lesson clearly needed to be learned, and I was more than willing to teach it (you know, high energy, too close for comfort pass, nothing too horrible :twisted: ). The gap in oncoming traffic opened up, and I punched it. Halfway through pulling through first gear (WOT, is there any other way? :-$ ), something wonderful and unexpected happened. The punk then jumps around, arms swept back, with a look of terror on his face, as if he was prepared to meet his maker, and this storm of 3800 fury approaching was going to send him there (this is why I really love the custom intake). Lessons in common sense are just one of the many services I provide. :D

The wanderer (This happened today)

Again, the same country rd (pattern?), this time somewhere in the middle. Cruise set for the usual on this road, and up ahead, I see a figure in a hoodie walking the same exact way as the individual in the last story (Suspect it may be the same person as the last story). This time, he was for the most part he was staying on or right of the line, but he kept venturing to the left of the line, and then back to the right. Oncoming traffic coming up, so I know there may be a complication. I then see him push right, and seeing as there was a clearing on the right, I figured he was no longer going to be a factor. As I get up to him, he then veers left of the line. I go to full brakes and veer left. I know I am one to preach about not swerving under braking, but this is my only exception. I would rather wreck a car then have blood on my hands. I don't know how close it was, but the maneuver was violent enough to stall the car (fuel pickup issue, 3/4 tank of gas). He bailed off to the side, arms flailed as if he was startled by the whole ordeal (I can't imagine why :roll: ). I then restarted the car, and then went on my way, before he decided he needed to take offense to the whole ordeal. No harm, no foul. He was still on his feet when it was all said and done. I found myself looking at the car when I got home just to make sure I didn't swipe the idiot (it's dirty, and would have been an easy spot). #Youstayonyourside,I'llstayonmine

1993 Buick Park Avenue - 197k - Some odds and ends done - Simply won't die
1994 Buick Regal - 78k - Bone stock - Always ready for a good kicking
1990 Oldsmobile 88 - Gone to a better place

Post subject: Re: Near misses
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2002 SLE
Those are some crazy misses. I had two that really got to me very recently.

I almost got hit four different times in the last couple of weeks by two drivers. That is right, two drivers almost hit me two times in a row within minutes of the first encounter with each of them. One was a beat to hell Prius and the other was another small foreign car. Both times the drivers did a rolling stop while it was snowing. The surprising part was each of them did it once and then a couple of minutes later at a different intersection. It was fun to honk at them and ask them each the second time what the hell they were thinking as you could clearly see the on coming traffic.

2009 Ford Flex 63K[/u] My DD & super utilitarian vehicle that we call the White Bus.
2006 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe 73k; Wife's hot rod & highway ride.
SOLD: 2002 Bonneville SLE; 230K, Mods: Solid hockey puck front mount, Intense FWI intake, 180 degree thermostat, Magna Flow high-flow cat, ZZP O2 emulator: Nothing major but maintenance and what it takes to keep the dash lights off and the mileage up..
2004 Bonneville SLE 201k, Pearl White (Old man's ride)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:48 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: '99 Montana
'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
(I'll keep the complaints to a minimum)

The lane changer (#1)

On the freeway, it's raining pretty heavy but no snow/ice. Just a little fog. One of the exit ramps is clogged with traffic, and it's extending into the right lane of the 3 lanes available. People in the middle lane start slowing down. I'm in the left lane, going about 65 but coasting down. Ahead of me somebody in the middle lane hits there brakes. They slow to a crawl, as does traffic in that lane, and somebody suddenly pops out into my lane. I had to hit the brakes, watching to make sure the car behind me is as well. Car in front of me proceeds to drive 35 for the next 1000 ft, nobody in front of him. All for no good reason. I had to wait, but a little M62 whine solved the problem.

Making the Michigan left. ( I try to avoid this road altogether)

I'm at the light for the U-turn. Far right lane is blocked about 100 ft after the intersection due to a disabled vehicle. My lane turns into the middle lane, and the lane to my left turns into the left lane. There is a line of cars behind the disabled vehicle trying to move over but can't in the traffic. My light turns green, so the U-turn people start going. I'm just entering the middle lane, and somebody starts moving out into the middle lane dead even with me (I'm only going like 7mph at this point) to get around the disabled vehicle. They are texting, not paying attention to the fact that they are about to collide with a big green car. I hit the gas to get out of the way, dude looks up after he's half in my lane (too late) and slams his brakes, and sure enough a guy 1 car length in front of me decides to do the same thing... I laid on the horn, and the brakes. Miss him by a few feet, and somehow along the way he figured he was wronged and decided to road rage. Another problem solved by well-timed M62 whine.

The Fleet:
'93 SSEi - Twincharged + manual Build thread
'97 Camaro - Top swap
'05 STS - V8, AWD, her DD
'92 Trofeo - Fair weather DD
'99 Montana - top swap 3800
'04 Sierra 2500HD - LLY Duramax

Current project:
Something cool, trust me.

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

Gone to greener pastures:
'84 Sierra Classic - Twin turbo 3800
'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: Celine- 2003 Bonneville SLE, 3800 Series II
Wow, thanks for the thread! After dealing with the the nuts on the road yesterday I sat down in my recliner and started wondering if Celine had a target painted on her somewhere with invisible paint that only idiot drivers could see. Or are people just upset with us cuz we be riding in style? Was refreshing to log on this am and find this thread, posted apx the same time I was counting the new grey hairs I earned in my driving endeavors...reflecting on how many close calls I have had since selecting my little piece of heaven on wheels. (Ok, Ok, so it's not so little)

I have 3 close calls that stand out just this month, I've thrown out last months as I give myself some credit for last month, going from a small compact back to a large sedan has a readjustment period, not to mention the babying the 'new' car period. Not to mention working out the cramps in the legs from being stuck in a sardine can for 4 years...

I had picked my son up from work and had some time to waste, so after filling up and trip to the car wash for a quick vac and wash, I decided to stop by an auto parts store to pick up a new tire gauge, price some cleaning supplies and browse around at all the goodies they offer. The street in front of the store is a 5 lane, 2 south, 2 north, 1 center left turn lane. I merge into the left lane and come to a stop, left turn signal on, I sit, waiting for the south bound traffic to be stopped by the traffic light about 1/4 mile up the road. I note this white suv, south bound, that keeps starting to come into the left turn lane but then returns to the drive lane. Hmm, someone needs to put down the cell phone and pay attention and make up their mind, traffic is to heavy for this bull...I start looking around for an escape while having a flash back of sitting at a stop light and having my brand new Buick Century totaled at 349 miles on it several years ago, due to a kid driving that didn't know what the brake pedal was. I count cars, note colors of cars, gauge the gaps in between as I am certain this suv is not going to stay in the drive lane, I look in the rear view mirror and then back at the suv, holy crap the *dang* thing is now 3/4 of the way in to the lane, maybe 50 feet in front of me and not slowing down, a semi truck is going by on the passenger side, by this time I can see the female driver of the suv is painting her finger nails. My son grabs the dash and is using some choice words. "Brace yourself!", just as the semi got clear of the front bumper I yank the wheel hard right and put my foot through the floor board. Celine jumped and I swear I felt some hesitation, "DON'T PULL YOUR STALL S$$$ NOW BI$$$". The ole girl took off, the suv missed hitting the driver side rear bumper by within 6 inchs and I stood up on the brakes, both feet, just in time to avoid putting the front end under the rear of the semi's trailer. Had to stop at the first place I could go to to catch my breath and check my drawers on that one. Sat in a McD's for an hour before I could drive any further and shook like a leaf in a wind storm the rest of the way home...

Last Tuesday I woke to the phone ringing and was soon getting a knock on my bedroom door, "Dad my ride called and he can't make it out his drive, your going to have to take me to work, if we can get around the lake, the road hasn't been plowed", after the 30 minute drive getting around the lake, we get to US 12, surprize surprize surprize, it had not been plowed, had very little traffic and the only way I knew I was in the lane is the rumble strips they put in the center and side of the road this past summer. Get into Elkhart, they had attempted plowing but with the snow falling, drifting, and single digit temps, no salt or gravel had been put out. At least the streets where a little better and should be ok sailing so long as I take it nice and easy. I turn south on CR-9 off of CR-4, a few blocks go by and a pick up truck pulls out from a side street, the way he/she was driving I assume it was a 4wd, gets up my tail pipe and stays there. I guess they wanted to park in the trunk or wanted to admire the leather in the back seats. About a block from CR-6 intersection I start slowing down and tapping my brake hoping the driver would back off as the light was going to be red by the time we got to it. NOT! They attempted to get closer. I told my son to keep his eye's open, the way this fool is sniffing my rear end stopping is not an option! Lucky for us it was 3:45 am and traffic was near non existence. "Dad you better hit the gas, turn, or something, there's a car right there and it's sliding sideways" I tap the brake, the truck doesn't slow up and flashes his/her high beams. I hit the brake, slide, traction control takes over, I turn the wheel left, no go, right, no go, the low trac light goes out I tap the gas, it flashes but doesn't stay on and I give it a little more gas. I note the lights from the truck are not as bright as before, but I had made it through the intersection and was safe. BAM! BAM! I jump, noting Celine hadn't jolted or slide. I looked in the rear view mirror to see the truck sitting sideways, front end head north east with the car that had been sliding sitting partly on top of the trucks rear tires and looked as if it was rocking on what use to be the tail gate, getting ready to tip over onto it's passenger side....

Although not really a near miss, a bit of road rage event happened yesterday. Through the rain and fog, partly flooded streets, I had a few errands, a doctors appointment and due to the weather, had been ask by a couple elderly neighbors if they could ride with, as they didn't feel safe driving. We had been discussing how many idiots where out and wondering what bubble gum machine some of these nuts got their drivers license. I find myself east bound on LaSalle St., in South Bend, traffic was moderate to light. I was in the right lane which ended a block up the road. This little electric car that would fit in the trunk with room for groceries is in the left lane, staying just close enough that I wasn't going to be able to merge over. I look and see a solid line of cars behind it and know they are not going to let me merge. Attitudes have been strong since Notre Dame lost! I speed up, this little hot wheels car speeds up, I slow down, it's slows down. Na, ain't happening, I got more power in my power window on a bad day than that, that, that death trap does on a good day going down a mountain side with a 100mph wind pushing down. I lightly pressed the gas, the lady driving speed up, um don't try me, I just ain't in no mood. Speed up a touch more, she winds her rubber band a bit tighter. Ok, you want to play, I pressed the peddle down, flipped her off, and put her in the rear view mirror without even raising the rpms... After finding a parking place in the parking garage at the doctor's office and asking this guy that parked a suv in a 'compact car only' spot when a full size suv became compact, I hear this female voice cursing to make a sailor blush. I turned to quickly have a finger in my face, giving me what for, she had followed me. "Lady, learn how to drive and realize your rubber band in your want to be car just can't be wound tight enough to pass a YUGO!"

Funny thing, an elderly man that catches a ride with me to the local coffee stop, gave me a noise button he picked up at the mall called HILLBILLY HONKER, as something it has on it reminded him of me. "Hey get that Big Mac out of your face and DRIVE!"

Safe journey to you all!!

--Running Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
I like reading these. It does suck that this stuff happens, but experience is always a good thing.

As for me, ugh, I wouldn't even know where to start. Because I have a 27 (both ways) mile commute to work everyday, I see it all - almost every few minutes, every day.

Well, today, I had 2 incidents, at the same exact place, where somebody tried pulling out in front of me. Right before the turn for the parking lot, there is the Health Department building, and the exit to that place is terrible - leads out onto a busy street, with cars parked along the street, so it's hard to see cars coming out. Well, coming to work, a woman in a Taurus is coming out of that lot. She sees me, but tries to pull out in front of me. I almost take her front bumper off, as I had no place to go due to on coming traffic.

The second time was when I was coming back into work from dropping some things off, a black Focus ZX2 comes flying out of the lot without stopping. I had no time to react so I jumped into the opposing lane. And I only did that because it was clear of traffic.

Funny thing - they were both Fords. Today, Blue Oval = evil.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 101K Miles | Custom FWI
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
gweg_b wrote:
Blue Oval = evil.

:withstupid:

The Fleet:
'97 Camaro - Top swap

Current project:

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:10 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Exactly, Matt.

Get this:

Last night I went to pick up pizza, and a Ford Explorer runs a red light - a red light that had already been red long enough for me to be in the intersection. I had to hit my brakes or lose my front bumper, luckily no one was behind me.

I swear, I think people with Ford's were out to get me yesterday. I feel sorry for my poor brakes.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

gweg_b wrote:
Funny thing - they were both Fords. Today, Blue Oval = evil.

Today, while approaching a stop sign on US 12, I had a 'near' miss. I say 'near' miss, but there was contact. The driver behind me, following to close for condition, per the police officer's words, was riding my tail on US 12. I was coming up on a corner that anyone and everyone that drives in the area knows is always ice covered and difficult to maneuver. At the 'stop ahead' sign I started tapping my brake pedal, not only to slow down to a crawl before coming on the the ice covered intersection, but in attempt to get the driver in the car behind me to back off. He backed off about a foot but not enough. I came to a stop after sliding a touch, normal for that corner, I then felt the rear of the car slide to the right a touch as a white Ford Focus goes sliding out of control past my drivers window. Mad as the :evil: I grabbed my cell phone and called 911. I was terrified to get out and look at the damage. I now have some white paint and a small dent on the corner of my rear bumper, the driver of the Ford I am sure needs a new front fender. He will be enjoying 3 tickets and a day in court, ticket 1. Driving to close for conditions 2. Failure to maintain control of vehicle 3.No Insurance...

Will have pics later when I cool down enough to go take one.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Is it me or is there something with Fords being attracted to Pontiac's?????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
RunningWolf wrote:
Is it me or is there something with Fords being attracted to Pontiac's?????

Sorry about your luck on that one. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad. I don't know what it is, why it suddenly seems Fords are after Pontiac's. This might be a good thread to see if it's a passing trend, or here to stay.

Luckily, I'm carpooling today, so I don't have to drive, and hopefully won't have to worry about any 'near misses.'

Actually, I still have a hole in my fender of my LeSabre when some jerk hit it (overnight, while it was parked) back in the winter of '06, and I still haven't gotten over that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

gweg_b wrote:
I don't know what it is, why it suddenly seems Fords are after Pontiac's. This might be a good thread to see if it's a passing trend, or here to stay.

I second!!

Managed to look long enough at it to find a gouge and snap two pics. Damage isn't as sever as my emotions, lol! Emotions aside, I thing some epoxy or ?? will take care of gouge, good thing I didn't see that the scene of the ATTACK! The dent should be able to pop/pull out :???:
(now thinking about a junker to park Celine for the winter)

and

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
I think it's a Ford Vs. H-body thing. Today I saw a Fiesta bust a headlamp on an Olds LS bumper.

The Fleet:
'97 Camaro - Top swap

Current project:

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:58 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
These cars don't deserve the treatment they are getting!! If I could, I would have a winter beater, but I just don't have any place to put it right now.

Today, after going to one of the branches to install new equipment, I came back into the parking lot here at work (which is still heavily snow covered). And without looking, a woman backs out of her spot (in a Taurus) right in front of me and I have no place to go. I hit the brakes as hard as I could, and luckily, the ABS was able to stop me before I hit her. Then she had the nerve to honk at me because I was blocking the path (duh, the vehicle slid).

That was in the Rainier. Had I been in the Bonneville (which I wouldn't as I can't drive it in the snow with 3 season tires on it), without its working ABS, I probably would have locked the brakes up, and slid right into her. Then me blocking her path would have been the least of her worries.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:26 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Park Avenue
1994 Buick Regal Custom
Ugh, saw another one almost go down tonight.

I turned on to a two lane road, right behind another car. Other guy grabs the right lane, I go for the left. I was about a carlength behind the other car, but of course, in the next lane over (gaining on him slightly). Way up the road, I see a guy in dark flannels casually crossing the opposite 2 lanes, crosses my lane (still at a comfortable distance) , and then just keeps walking. The guy in the right line just keeps going, and keeps going, and keeps going, until zero hour, I jump on the brakes, because I have no idea what is about to go down. Thankfully, the other driver full on swerves in to my lane, and then back to the right, just barely missing him, while the guy casually keeps walking. Really glad I opened up that that distance a little bit at that point.

I am getting too old for this crap...

1993 Buick Park Avenue - 197k - Some odds and ends done - Simply won't die
1994 Buick Regal - 78k - Bone stock - Always ready for a good kicking
1990 Oldsmobile 88 - Gone to a better place

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
RJolly87 wrote:
I am getting too old for this crap...

I agree 100%!

I have some new ones:

Saturday: Been kind of broke lately, so this past Saturday my mom offered to buy dinner, but with the catch that we take her '97 LeSabre and get gas. I was excited. It was snowing pretty good Saturday evening, and since she doesn't like driving in the snow, I offered to drive. Well, not 2 blocks from home, we are passing a driveway when out of nowhere this Honda minivan comes tearing out of that driveway. Since it was snow covered, and after he realized there was a Buick in front of him, the driver slammed his brakes, but the minivan kept coming. I did my best to avoid, and he nearly took off the rear bumper.

Then on the way home (the roads are much worse now, and it got dark) this early 2000 Malibu comes flying out from a side street and doesn't stop. He slides out and is lined up next to us on a one way street, inches from the driver side of the car. And the problem was he wasn't backing off, and I didn't know what he was on, so I told my mom to close her eyes and hold on. I floored the pedal, and that L36 wound up, and the LeSabre took off down the road, flinging snow and slush onto this punk's windshield (I was surprised, even with bad tires, the car got traction in the snow right away when I did that).

Continuing down the road, we came upon a large hill. I maintained speed as not to lose traction. Right as we got to the top of the hill, this guy in a black Ram, who was sitting on a side street until the last possible second, floors it to get across the road. Well, logic should have told him that flooring it would cause his tires to spin on snow, but I guess logic and him weren't on speaking terms. He's spinning tires all the way across the road, barely moving - I can't stop because of the hill. So, I got on the horn, and whipped the car around the back of his truck. Well, he must have not liked me giving him the horn, because he slammed his brakes, and tried to back up. Well, he still wasn't getting traction, and from the rear view, it looked to me as if he was starting to slide down the hill.

My mom thinks trouble must follow me.

Today: This morning I'm leaving for work. At the end of my street, there used to be traffic lights at the intersection. Well, a couple months ago, a semi took out one of the poles. Since then it's been a 4-way stop (they might put a new light in come spring, but I doubt it). It was my turn to go, and to my right is a Ford Escape (there it is, a Ford again). He stops for a split second, and then tries to go, while I'm in the intersection (I figured he thought he could get across before I made it through the intersection). Not going to happen. I slow the Rainier down and stop right in front of him. He stops. I look out the window: he has both hands on the top of the steering wheel, and he's snarling at me. I started laughing and slowly pulled away.

I don't know if I'm noticing this stuff more, or if it's actually becoming more frequent. :dontknow: At least I got a laugh out of it today.