It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: Dark Green 1997 SSEi
Heading down Windsor Rd. in Loves Park and I ran over a rock that was sticking out of a water pipe missing its cover. It went through the tire and it ended up denting AND putting a nice crack through the left rear wheel. The bump was so hard it busted off what attached the left taillight to the car.

I now have to replace the left taillight, Tire, and find a Chrome T-star b/c a rock was sticking out of a pipe. WTF

Mods/Stuff: INTENSE! FWI, ScanGauge 2, Mobil 1 HM Oil, Valvoline HM Transmission Fluid, Mildly Tuned PCM, Drilled 180 Thermostat, Cleared Corners, Silverstars, Chrome T-Stars, NGK Iridium Plugs, NAPA Belden Wires.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:57 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
If you have comprehensive insurance, it might pickup the tab for the damage.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

00Beast wrote:
If you have comprehensive insurance, it might pickup the tab for the damage.

Regrettably I only have Liability and Under/Uninsured motorist coverage.

For things like this I keep an emergency fund. I checked LKQ's website and they have a couple Bonneville's in my year range. Going to run there first thing tomorrow and see if they have a matching wheel and Taillight.

P.S. Thank god I have a spare and jack otherwise I'd be fooked.

P.P.S. Worse yet is today is my mother's B-Day and we were planning on going to the Ponderosa in Janesville. Which won't be happening now. :sadeyz:

Mods/Stuff: INTENSE! FWI, ScanGauge 2, Mobil 1 HM Oil, Valvoline HM Transmission Fluid, Mildly Tuned PCM, Drilled 180 Thermostat, Cleared Corners, Silverstars, Chrome T-Stars, NGK Iridium Plugs, NAPA Belden Wires.

Last edited by Blown93SSEi on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 1995 SSE, 2001 Buick Park Avenue
Blown93SSEi wrote:
Heading down Windsor Rd. in Loves Park and I ran over a rock that was sticking out of a water pipe missing its cover. It went through the tire and it ended up denting AND putting a nice crack through the left rear wheel. The bump was so hard it busted off what attached the left taillight to the car.

I now have to replace the left taillight, Tire, and find a Chrome T-star b/c a rock was sticking out of a pipe. WTF

File a claim with the Loves Park water authority. There shouldn't have been a missing cover. If you be nice, they'll probably direct you to someone who will want to avoid small claims court. Unless, of course, they're like the city I live in. In which case they'll be jerks and tell you to pack sand.

But the city most likely has liability insurance for stuff just like this. What amounts to a big hit out of your pocket is chump change to them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:33 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 05 Chevy 'Hoe
1997 'maro (3.8L M5)
89 SkiDoo
michaelbsc wrote:
File a claim with the Loves Park water authority. There shouldn't have been a missing cover. If you be nice, they'll probably direct you to someone who will want to avoid small claims court. Unless, of course, they're like the city I live in. In which case they'll be jerks and tell you to pack sand.

But the city most likely has liability insurance for stuff just like this. What amounts to a big hit out of your pocket is chump change to them.

They will probably ask for a police report. The only way they can tell it was actually caused by the pipe.

Did the pipe jump out infront of your car or were you not paying attention?

00Beast wrote:
Less off-topic than Lane's Heated Steering wheel, but yeah, back to the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:50 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

01bonneSC wrote:
michaelbsc wrote:

They will probably ask for a police report. The only way they can tell it was actually caused by the pipe.

Did the pipe jump out infront of your car or were you not paying attention?

I wasn't paying attention. I saw the bump and the pipe, But not the rock. It's my fault I didn't see the rock sticking out. I only realized it was a rock when after running over it I saw the rock split in 2 rolling behind me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:39 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Well I'm *fook*. Only 1 in my area has one and they want $175 for it..... Yeah right. LKQ had my taillight though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:32 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Apologies for the triple post:

Only found 1 in my area as mentioned above. So I ordered one off eBay from a Junkyard in Minnesota. $85 shipped with 2 day shipping. Tomorrow I'll pick up a full size steel wheel and use that until the replacement comes, Then use the steelie as a full size spare in the future when I need it.

Still sucks!