All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bonneville Fail
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:17 pm 
Moderator / Social Dev
Moderator / Social Dev

Year and Trim: ___
2001 Bonneville SSEi
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
I see retarded driving nearly every day, and I'm sure I'm not alone. But I had to share this one...

I just witnessed some of the MOST moronic driving I have ever seen in my life. The worst part is they were driving a Bonneville (Gray '92-'95 SE).

Starts with me passing them in a 55mph zone, while they are STOPPED in the middle of the road. I tapped the horn as I passed and they pulled over. At the next light I watch this guy jump two lanes over, cuts off a truck and gets in behind me in the turn lane. Light turns green and I go around the corner onto Rochambeau Dr. which is a one lane road each way, no median and has A passing zone. I look up and see this idiot is swerving back and forth behind me while in the turn. I hit resume on cruise control and noticed he hung wayyy back going slow and left a huge gap. Once we get on the straight part of the road I see this gray Bonneville getting bigger in the mirror and he flys by me (very close I might add) and slams on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of me and slides in ahead of me, all before the passing zone even begins. He proceeds to pass 2-3 cars at a time with only just enough time to clear and get back over out of oncoming traffic. He failed once and had to slam on the brakes and cut back into where he was. Then I see him slamming on the brakes again because someone ahead is turning left onto Airport Rd and he drifts into the ditch but continues to pass a car or two in the grass and hop back on the road. I see he goes on to pass another car and almost hit a bicyclist before he dissapears as I made my turn to head home.

Holy Epic Fail, who gave this guy a license!? Countless almost-accidents and I'm certain almost-deaths had they happened. And this was just in maybe a 3 minute time span... I hope he runs himself off the road and/or get's nailed by a cop.

DTM Tuned | Dual AeroForce | Solid Mounts | 255 Walbro Pump | Fuel Logs | GXP STB & Sway Bars | CSS Lowering Springs | GXP Brakes | Disabled DRL
Magnaflow Mufflers | Magnaflow Cat | GXP Seats & Trim | 35 % Tint | Cleared & Tinted Tails | repinS Retrofited Morimoto Mini H1 | 19" GT500 Wheels
'09 G8 GT "Abigail" Mods: Rotofab | LS3 Heads, Intake & Cam | Kooks LT | Solo Exhaust | Tien Springs w/ GXP Struts | Whiteline Swaybars | BMR Subframe Connectors
Achievements: Guinevere - 264k mi | 16.27 @ 84.10mph | March '11 COTM :: Chloe - 223k mi | 13.85 @ 102mph | January '09 COTM :: Abigail - 192k mi | 12.85 @ 112mph

Post subject: Re: Bonneville Fail
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:42 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 1994 K1500 Silverado
:bluetwitch:

:ack:

:angry4:

Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:53 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 05 Chevy 'Hoe
1997 'maro (3.8L M5)
89 SkiDoo
WhiteArrow3800 wrote:
I see retarded driving nearly every day, and I'm sure I'm not alone. But I had to share this one...

Im sorry, we have to be politically correct here in the Bonneville Club....its RA-tard :wink:

00Beast wrote:
Less off-topic than Lane's Heated Steering wheel, but yeah, back to the topic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:39 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
What an idiot. Should've gotten his plate # and forwarded it to the cops.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.