It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:54 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2002 SE
We took the Blazer out for some trail riding today :twisted: Nothing too extreme, but 4x4 and at least 33" tires were a must. There were two other trucks that went as well, Randy & Trista in the blue and white Ford were on 35" Boggers and Jason & Chuck were in the white Ford on 35" Swampers. I had the baby out there, the Blazer only sits on 33" BFG M/Ts out back and A/Ts front ( I don't trust the front diff to M/Ts )

Casualties of the day....
Jason - blew second gear out of his trans, had to limp around in third for the rest of the trip. He went with a blown front differential, but had to use four low to get any power to the rear wheels after blowing second gear out of his trans. This caused a chunk of spider gear to get thrown the front diff cover.
Randy - popped a spark plug wire off causing a bad miss. Found that right away and fixed it. He also had his exhaust pop off of his header that we also fixed on the trail.
Me - my trouble with carburetors continues.... The Blazer ran great at first then started to run like crap and want to stall if I let it settle to an idle. Turned out to be a stuck float or something in the needle and seat. Crimping off the rubber fuel line and letting the carb run out of gas while tapping on the carb fixed it. I still HATE carbs and want an aftermarket fuel injection system

Anyways, Jason's white ford had a blown front diff, so we knew it was going to be rough going for him right away. Sure enough, the very first hole we came to...

After some work and a lot of sliding around in the mud, Randy pulled him out

A short while later, Randy's exhaust started sounding very loud and was popping, we stopped to find that his exhaust had disconnected from his header. Luckily I had all of my tools with me :wink: Peyton was quick to jump in and check out what was going on :)

While we stopped, we also noticed that Jason's front axle was bleeding!

Got the exhaust back together, and Jason's front diff was already junk, so on we went

Back at Randy's house took a few pics of the Blazer and Randy's Ford

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH
1982 Cutlass Supreme - The fun one

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 96 olds cutlass supreme 4 door
looks like dang good fun..and i will admit for a ford randys looks pretty good for an old beater truck..i like his tires :twisted:

why in the the world do you have or need Vaseline in your trunk??!!..well Leather cleans easy..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:24 am 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 2004 Chevy Avalanche
Is the one truck sagging in the middle in the last couple of pictures? Just an observation. Might be the way it's sitting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Oh yeah, it is sagging... bad :lol: It is a beater truck that he only uses in the woods and for playing in the mud. He has another cab that is going to go on it in the spring, but for now, that is how it is going to be.

I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that :)

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 96 olds cutlass supreme 4 door
i was gonna say something but i thought that sagging came with old fords..hence the reason for not mentioning it..def looks like he had more fun that you did ryan :lol:

why in the the world do you have or need Vaseline in your trunk??!!..well Leather cleans easy..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

We had some great fun, the dirty pic of the Blazer in my sig is from that day :twisted: Just hard to get good shots of your own vehicle while driving :lol:

MattStrike wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:33 am 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: .
1994 Bonneville SSEI
2006 Grand Prix GXP
Grandpas Chev (90 something i think) 420k. When dad and uncle went to pick it up while collecting Grandpas estate they noticed it rode like a bag of nails. Spitting and shaking and whatever. Originaly they attributed this to poor tires and suspension.. Dad got under it on a hoist. Yeah ALL the body mounts were gone.. It was basically just screwed onto the frame.

06 Grand Prix GXP Diablosport Trinity , No DOD , Transgo SK , MSD 8.5MM Wires , NGK TR6IX plugs , LED's , Optima RedTop , Projector Retro , 3K Fogs , 20" Led Driving light , K&N CAI w/ Volant oversize air filter , Raybestos Brakes
94 SSEi NGK Plugs , Blue Streak Wires , Pulled Maf screen , Custom Exhaust , Raybestos Brakes , 12" MTX Audio sub and amp , Piaa Plasma Ion Foglight Housings , HIR His' and Lows' , Tinted Tails