Thursday - Fun
Friday - Even more fun
Saturday - The most fun, and a bonfire
Sunday - Relax, but still fun.
Monday - gtfo :lol:

Where: SE Michigan. PM me for details

Sleeping accommodations: This is mainly a camping affair

Showers: Bring your own stuff.

Food: Same as usual. Bring some meat to smoke, and I plan on supplying the first 2 kegs.

Other: Downriver is a very humid/damp area, with lots of standing water. Bring bug spray, 40% seems to work. Anybody that has allergies should come prepared (pollen, cats, dogs, etc). I have dog, dog is very playful, will try to jump on you. Don't let dog jump lol.

Photos: I'd like to get a few group photos at a location TBD.

Track day: Waiting for Milan to publish their schedule
-------------

Some of the things I'd like to do this year:
-Drink lots and lots of beer.
-Cast a coin
-Powdercoating

-------------

OK, on a more serious note, this year is going to be a fair bit more taxing on me. Thankfully, I'm not the one that makes this event what it is. Don't expect there to be many differences for you. I'll have to split my time between my (will be) 6-month old and hanging out with you. New fun things to experience this year will include the twin turbo 3800 K2500 truck, and hopefully either riding in my '97 LeSabre or pointing and laughing at the transmission that should be in it. Things I want to do include coin casting and powdercoating. I'll plan on supplying kegs again. I'm also planning on people stepping up with the smokers, meats, snacks, etc.

And I have capacity for 3 kegs (one 1/2 barrel, one 1/4 barrel, and one any size). If somebody wants to bring, say, a 1/4 or 1/6 of something special like Yuengling or Oberon than let me know, it's one less keg that I have to find. I'm planning on another 1/2 barrel of Summer Shandy at the least.

The Fleet:
'93 SSEi - Twincharged + manual Build thread
'97 Camaro - Top swap
'05 STS - V8, AWD, her DD
'92 Trofeo - Fair weather DD
'99 Montana - top swap 3800
'04 Sierra 2500HD - LLY Duramax

Current project:
Something cool, trust me.

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

Gone to greener pastures:
'84 Sierra Classic - Twin turbo 3800
'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

Last edited by MattStrike on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:09 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
I say 3rd weekend... Wed 6/20 through Mon 6/25. Fathers day is the week before and the first weekend is probably too early. Third week seems right ;)

2003 SSEi - 240hp of stock supercharged, grocery getting, kid carting, weekend vacationing, daily driving light bronze mist excitement.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

X2 on the 3rd weekend. Lots more house projects happening this year. Life is crazy as usual but I always seem to figure out how to make it to this and never regret it. Wasn't sure there you would be up for hosting but I will do my best to help out. Would like to bring fireworks, chicken, and homemade BBQ sauce again this year. For the most part I've turned into a beer snob and bring my own beer to drink. I'll mention this to Kyle and see if he has any date input.

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:17 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: '99 Montana
'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
Just checked the local dragway, their race schedule is only complete through April. I'll keep an eye on it.

The Fleet:
'97 Camaro - Top swap

Current project:

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:34 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
I guess I should get my project schedule a once over here soon. I was planning on having the truck all put back together and alignment done, have the '97 Buick on the road, and new fuel injectors, valve springs, and wideband tune done on the SSEi. My biggest unknown will be my financial situation, and the T5 in the Camaro is on it's last leg.

The Fleet:
'97 Camaro - Top swap

Current project:

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:45 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Whatever weekend will probably work for me. Two things might change that, but I don't know at this stage yet. The first is that I have been picked for jury duty, right during that time. I put some dates down for vacation that I thought would work, but don't remember what those were. And second might depend if I'm working at a new job. Again don't know, but I'm at my limit at my current job (I have like 200 hours of PTO right now, and would hate to lose that, but a bigger paycheck would be tempting).

Tim and I will do the usual thing and bring the smoker. Not sure how much meat or beer will be coming with us. That will probably be decided by Tim at a later date.

I'm planning on just hanging out at this meet, taking pictures and videos whenever I get the motivation. Also, I don't know if I'll drive separate or not, in case I need to rush home for that jury duty thing, but I don't know. Don't really feel like it, but we'll see, as it's still months away.

I would be interested in the powdercoating thing. I got some stuff I could bring (mostly brake stuff, but I'm sure I could find more), and I would love to learn the process.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 101K Miles | Custom FWI
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:09 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: Several years, various trims
Obviously Im in. The sooner we decide on a date, the better. I was out of work most of January between two hospital trips and my dad passing away two weeks ago. I'll want to put in early enough to make sure I get the time (although frankly it shouldnt be a problem).

The smoker is obviously coming. Would like to try to make it so the smoker is always going but that will be determined by how much meat is brought. There should be some variance. I brought a crapton of chicken last year, most of which I had to throw out due to a freezer issue at home. But we can work this out. I'd like to do another shoulder (or 3 or 4). I might think ahead this year and precook some things to bring. Speaking of which, Matt, we should arrange to do corned beef this year. Its still early, so if we need to look for a decent brisket or two, we have time.

If there's consensus on wanting a keg of Yuengling, im sure we can figure out a way to pay for it and bring it. I dont mind hauling that up.

Im with Matt though - beer and more beer.

MattStrike wrote:

Tim will be an official event. Signs, tents, and everything! I mean it this time!

2012 Nissan Titan SV 4x4, 5.6L V8
1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham, TBD
1980 Chevy Chevette, 1.6L (for now....)
1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
2014 Chevy Cruze LT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:12 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
I am down for the third weekend of June, but can do other ones as well. Hopefully we can nail a date down by the end of the month? Just want to make sure I can be free of work for which ever weekend.

I can bring Polish sausage again, and I'm a big fan of grilled veggies too so I'll bring some shrooms and jalapenos or whatever.

Last year's smoked chicken was astoundingly good. Down for meat variety too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
I hope I can make it. I don't have any vacation time at work and I work Saturdays, so that'd be 3 unpaid days (ouch) but I'll try and move a couple of days off or something to make up for it. That weekend works for me though, the GF will be gone June 2-11 or something like that, so this works perfect.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:34 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
Let me do some quick projections, and make sure that the weekend of the 23rd works. For the moment, plan on that weekend. The only other weekend that might work better for me (in terms of being effective with my vacation time) is the following weekend, the 30th. I'll setup the FB group at some point too.

The Fleet:
'97 Camaro - Top swap

Current project:

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

At this point, both look good for me. Just have to request time off! You're the host though so you get to pick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:49 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
This time, I'll try and remember to bring my memory card and have a good battery for the remote for the camera. I don't want a repeat of the group pic from the 2016 mini meet (red circle):

Setting the timer and then trying to run to my car in flip flops that don't fit almost turned into an issue. Aiming for safety this year.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:25 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

That's pretty hilarious. lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Yeah, I almost went down on my face after that flung off. Wasn't one of my best ideas, haha.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

As comfy as flip flops are, I try to use them exclusively around the home, where only I can blame myself when I bust my *shoot*.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
I'm lazy, I wear them as much as a I can. I was even outside in them a couple times earlier this year during those sub freezing temps. Shoes/boots take too much effort to put on. I even work in the garage in flip flops, and Tim is amazed that I haven't lost a toe yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 pm 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Sorry to hear about your dad Tim. I'll be in for my usual 48 bottle Yuengling order, we will be in contact as this gets closer. The chicken sandwiches and BBQ sauce seemed to be a hit last year so I'll plan on that again too.

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:41 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

This is still on for the 20-25th right? I know there was some back and forth in the FB group after Ben me toned the wedding conflict.

I figure if there was going to be a concrete official answer it'd be found here.

2003 SSEi - 240hp of stock supercharged, grocery getting, kid carting, weekend vacationing, daily driving light bronze mist excitement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:35 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonniville SSEi L67
Roman Legionary conquered half the globe wearing leather sandals........honourable tradition

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:24 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
Well, being that there's a bunch of people that wouldn't be able to make it any other weekend and others that had already asked for time off, the dates on Facebook will have to stand. Depending on what time that wedding is, I might duck out for a few hours, but only if it's early enough in the day.

The Fleet:
'97 Camaro - Top swap

Current project:

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type