'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
When: Starting Wednesday 6/22 at 6:00pm, ending Monday 6/26 morning

Wednesday evening - Early arrivals
Thursday - setup coin casting.
Friday - coin casting
Saturday - Pictures, bonfire
Sunday - Relax, possibly get out and either go-cart or disc golf or something like that.
Monday - late departure

Where: Google Maps

Sleeping accommodations: This is mainly a camping affair, so bring a tent, unless it rains in which case floor space is first come first serve. Keep an eye on the weather for 48174, plan accordingly. Anybody who doesn't have or want to camp, we can make arrangements, just let me know.

Showers: Bring your own stuff. I have two bathrooms, the upstairs one is available once my wife is done with it.

Food: I will have a keg. Likely will end up with Bud first and if we get through that the backup would be Miller. Any other drinks are BYO. Food still planning.

Other: Downriver is a very humid/damp area, with lots of standing water. Bring bug spray, 40% seems to work. Anybody that has allergies should come prepared. There will be dogs, cats, pollen, etc.

Photos: I'd like to get a few group photos at a location TBD.

Track day: Milan hasn't posted their schedule. But we're also considering an autocross.

-------------

Some of the things I'd like to do this year:
-Successfully cast coins. My plan for this is to have all the molds cooked and ready to go before the weekend so all we have to do is dry them, heat them, and pour.
-Group photo shoot somewhere interesting.
-Drink lots and lots of beer.
-Another epic bonfire of course!

The Fleet:
'93 SSEi - Twincharged + manual Build thread
'97 Camaro - Top swap
'05 STS - V8, AWD, her DD
'92 Trofeo - Fair weather DD
'99 Montana - top swap 3800
'04 Sierra 2500HD - LLY Duramax

Current project:
Something cool, trust me.

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

Gone to greener pastures:
'84 Sierra Classic - Twin turbo 3800
'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

Last edited by MattStrike on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
I will be there. It doesn't matter to me if it even happens at the same time as the w-body meet. It was cool and all, but definitely not why I made it out there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:04 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I also vote for the usual weekend in June. I'll be there, might talk the GF into coming too. She's cool with cars and stuff. She could probably go drink-for-drink with some of the guys.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:57 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

00Beast wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I also vote for the usual weekend in June. I'll be there, might talk the GF into coming too. She's cool with cars and stuff. She could probably go drink-for-drink with some of the guys.

I'll try to coerce mine into coming with as well. We will see!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:36 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Work is pretty flexible, so any date should work with me.

Tim and I discussed this before, and we'll probably be bringing the smoker again. We realized we definitely need to bring more meat this time. Five pounds of chicken was far too easily destroyed. I'm not sure what we'll be doing with the food yet. I know Tim plans to bring some, but not sure how much. We can work that part out later.

A summer group shot is a definite. The group shot at Orion is my favorite shot from the fall weekend, and it was fun to do, even with me losing my sandal the first time! A good daytime shot of the people, cars, and the people and cars is a must next year.

Also, last summer I took 11.5GB of video, but apparently not as much exciting stuff as in 2013 (I was trying to get angles of all our shenanigans, with the cars and with just us hanging around), and I'm trying to come up with something different this time. I don't have the best equipment and will work with what I have, but I've been tossing around the idea of something like a meet movie (I know someone did something similar at one of the old Bonne Fests, possibly Northwest, but I don't remember who or what year). I don't have any details with it yet, but with some thought, it might be something interesting.

Also, I like the new meet name.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 101K Miles | Custom FWI
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:02 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi.

LOTS of Mods
unfortunately as much as id like to I cant make 2 trips out to MI in the same year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:21 pm 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2002 SE
Have room for a house on wheels? :lol:

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH
1982 Cutlass Supreme - The fun one

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:14 pm 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

crash93ssei wrote:
Have room for a house on wheels? :lol:

Does a bear *shoot* in the forest?

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:59 pm 
Moderator / Social Dev
Moderator / Social Dev

Year and Trim: ___
2001 Bonneville SSEi
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
I still think we get more interest if both meets coincided and personally I'd rather they did. But it is what it is. I'll likely find my way there whichever weekend it is unless it's the first weekend in June.

DTM Tuned | Dual AeroForce | Solid Mounts | 255 Walbro Pump | Fuel Logs | GXP STB & Sway Bars | CSS Lowering Springs | GXP Brakes | Disabled DRL
Magnaflow Mufflers | Magnaflow Cat | GXP Seats & Trim | 35 % Tint | Cleared & Tinted Tails | repinS Retrofited Morimoto Mini H1 | 19" GT500 Wheels
'09 G8 GT "Abigail" Mods: Rotofab | LS3 Heads, Intake & Cam | Kooks LT | Solo Exhaust | Tien Springs w/ GXP Struts | Whiteline Swaybars | BMR Subframe Connectors
Achievements: Guinevere - 264k mi | 16.27 @ 84.10mph | March '11 COTM :: Chloe - 223k mi | 13.85 @ 102mph | January '09 COTM :: Abigail - 192k mi | 12.85 @ 112mph

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:47 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
I’m pretty neutral here and could make pretty much anything work. I’ll come no matter what but would still drive to the 3800 gathering if it were the same weekend. When is Woodward and Pontiac Nationals? Could possibly do something alongside them? All I know is I’ll drink plenty of beer and I’m bringing fireworks this year. Just 1,000 grams of gunpowder, it will be 60 seconds of glory and then all done. Just like me. If the women are thinking about coming I could try and convince mine to join as well, no guarantees though. She’ll probably leave me for Ryan so she can sleep in his mansion on wheels lol. I’m excited though, I should have the GXP wheels and brakes done and installed by then.

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:49 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Also, can we keep this off the public FB this year? I don't think too many of us have favorable opinions of certain folks on there, so can the FB-only people be by invite only? I know we want to be all inclusive, but we also don't need to invite trouble...

Sirius wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:36 am 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: Several years, various trims
The smoker will definitely happen. Im pretty flexible on timing.

Concerning the smoker, I think a couple months out, maybe either take up a meet meat fund or perhaps promote a meet meat czar who will accept contributions and be in charge of the meet meat.

MattStrike wrote:

Tim will be an official event. Signs, tents, and everything! I mean it this time!

2012 Nissan Titan SV 4x4, 5.6L V8
1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham, TBD
1980 Chevy Chevette, 1.6L (for now....)
1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
2014 Chevy Cruze LT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:39 am 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 95 LeSabre Custom
01 Bonneville SSEi
09 G8 GT
Nick: Pontiac Nationals is August 4-6, in Norwalk, Ohio. I couldn't go this past year, but Tim and I should be going again for 2017. We usually spot Pat there, and it would be cool to have other Pontiac Bonneville Club members show up (even though it is a distance for some). 2014 and 2015 I brought the Bonneville. Don't know what I'll bring next year.

& Exterior | 20% Tint | PA Grill & Portholes | Limited Trim | GTP Rims | Ported LIM | Plus Many More Mods | Restoration Thread
2001 Bonneville SSEi: 225K Miles | Instense FWI | Intense MPS (3.4") | 180 T-stat | ZZP Plog | Ported Rear Manifold |
ZZP 3" Downpipe | Magnaflow Cat | Retrofitted HIDs | GenV M90 | GXP Brake Upgrade | 35% Tint | Plus Many More Mods |
2005 Bonneville GXP: 101K Miles | Custom FWI
2009 G8 GT: 89K Miles | 35% Tint | Roto-Fab CAI | SOLO Mach Exhaust | BMR Tunnel Brace | BMR Sub Frames | BMR STB |
Kooks Headers | QTP Electric Cutouts | BMR Sway Bars | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Innovative Dual Wideband Kit
1984 Caprice Classic Wagon: 86K Miles | Restoration Project

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:52 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi
It's less than 2 hours away from Matt's house. Sounds like a nice convoy trip!

'99 Olds Alero GX Coupe the get me by beater- sold
'03 Bonneville SSEi 'Gina' Feb. '16 COTM | 35% tint | smoked tail lights | boat roller mount | carbon fiber accents | Silverline exhaust tips
Ziebart rust protection & undercoating | CompuStar Accustart | LED interior lighting
Intense shift kit | Intense FWI | 3" ZZP downpipe | RDI headers | 3.4 MPS | Autolite 104s | 180 deg t-stat | custom tune | ZZP high flow fuel filter | alum coolant elbows and LIM gaskets | much more to come…hopefully

'15 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD 259 HP | 10k miles | 2-way remote start | undercoating and window tint to come
'98 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4 | 112k miles | S&B intake | garage ornament | more to come

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:18 pm 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Honestly the more time goes by the more I could really just not give a crap any less about any other meets and events. I go to this meet to hang out with my friends, I get to hang out with you guys once a year. I want to hang out, drink beer, play with cars, sit by a big ass fire and nothing else. I feel like any other meets and events just take away from out group :lol:

I am all for keeping this off fb, too many morons. Maybe a secret group like in the past, I feel like our main group can be trusted to only add those in that would fit with the rest of us.

2002 Bonneville SE - The Mutt Complete 2004 SLE interior, drivetrain, and body harness swap, ECC swap, HUD swap, black GXP wheels, GXP headlights and tinted tails - SOLD
2003 BMW 540i M Sport, 2001 BMW X5 4.4i, 2010 GMC Acadia, 2017 Grand Design Imagine 3150BH

MattStrike wrote:
It was the worst week of my life! *pause, drinks beer... smiles* But I'm better now!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:09 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

crash93ssei wrote:
Honestly the more time goes by the more I could really just not give a crap any less about any other meets and events. I go to this meet to hang out with my friends, I get to hang out with you guys once a year. I want to hang out, drink beer, play with cars, sit by a big ass fire and nothing else. I feel like any other meets and events just take away from out group :lol:

I am all for keeping this off fb, too many morons. Maybe a secret group like in the past, I feel like our main group can be trusted to only add those in that would fit with the rest of us.

:withstupid:

I'm there for you guys as well. The meet last year was alright, but in reality, I only really appreciated a small handful of cars that were there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:14 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: '99 Montana
'04 Dirtymax
'97 Camaro
'92 Trofeo
I'll start a private FB group/event once I nail down my schedule.

I don't mind hosting smaller meets alongside other meets in the future, if there's enough interest. I was actually thinking about doing that for the w-body meet if we split off.

The Fleet:
'93 SSEi - Twincharged + manual Build thread
'97 Camaro - Top swap
'05 STS - V8, AWD, her DD
'92 Trofeo - Fair weather DD
'99 Montana - top swap 3800
'04 Sierra 2500HD - LLY Duramax

Current project:
Something cool, trust me.

Upcoming projects:
'92 Bonneville SSE
'87 LeSabre T-type
'67 LeSabre

Gone to greener pastures:
'84 Sierra Classic - Twin turbo 3800
'97 LeSabre - Top swap

RIP:
'86 LeSabre - pictures
'93 SE - L67

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:50 pm 
SSE Member
SSE Member

Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
I am up for whatever weekend too. As long as a decent notice is had I can snag it off of work. Count me in!

2001 SSEI: 78k - Feb2017 COTM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:45 pm 
Posts like an L67
Posts like an L67

Year and Trim: 2003 SSEi.

LOTS of Mods
Pontiac Nationals is a super cool event to watch and if you don't want to partake in the car show or drag racing you can park your car on the showfield in the Non-judged "Pontiacs On Parade"

Usually the weather is always awesome being the first week in August

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:31 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Sooo... being serious here though, is the camper cool to drag down or should I just bring the tent?

MattStrike wrote: