It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:34 pm 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Year and Trim: 2009 G8 GT
Is it alright to bring trans fluid and a filter for a "just in case we mod"? I'm concerned about crossing the boarder with fluids and car parts.

FMS Custom Cam, Yank 3600 SS, 1LE (ZL1) 3.91, SLP Longtubes, Magnaflow cat-back, Rotofab CAI, tuned via HPTuners
415/391

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 1997 Oldsmobile Aurora
2008 Buick Enclave CXL
You'll be fine, its not a hazardous product. Make sure its in the original container though. Canadian inspectors most likely will not ask you to open your trunk. The American border guards will.

08 Buick Enclave CXL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:59 pm 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Jim W wrote:
You'll be fine, its not a hazardous product. Make sure its in the original container though. Canadian inspectors most likely will not ask you to open your trunk. The American border guards will.

That's fine. I'm more concerned with leaving than coming back.

FMS Custom Cam, Yank 3600 SS, 1LE (ZL1) 3.91, SLP Longtubes, Magnaflow cat-back, Rotofab CAI, tuned via HPTuners
415/391

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:55 am 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 09 G8 GT
Allmachtige wrote:
Jim W wrote:

That's fine. I'm more concerned with leaving than coming back.

I wouldn't be. I've never had a single problem entering Canada, it's always been getting back into the States I've been searched.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:05 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
2006 GP GXP
Ok everyone here are the meeting times and places as well as the plan of events for ONBF next Saturday July 19th!

Meeting place:

QEW and Glendale Ave exit. From Toronto turn left at the exit ramp follow to York Blvd and meet at Tim Hortons plaza at the corner of Glendale Ave and York BLVD.

Coming from Niagara Falls or the US, take same exit but your turning right to head towards York Blvd to meet at the same place.

Meeting time is 12 noon to 12:30pm. We can grab coffees and wait until any straglers arrive late, just let us know your ETA by cell phone. My cell number is 289-668-4469.

Once we have all arrived we will depart on our cruise to Niagara-On-The-Lake which is about 10-15 minutes from our meet point.

Our first stop will be downtown NOTL, a quaint little shopping district with boutiques, icecream parlors, bistros, and picturesque views of an old fashioned looking downtown village (used for several movies sets).

We will park off the beat and track near the park (so not to face $6 parking fees) and allow members to walk around for an hour or so.

Meeting back at the cars our next cruise takes us up the Niagara parkway about 5 minutes to Inniskillin Winery where parking is free and enough to get all our cars together for pics. A self guided tour of the winery is available free for those who are interested. Washrooms are also available here to deposit the left overs of your earlier Tim Hortons coffees.

We'll depart here and cruise down the Niagara Parkway for about 20-25 minutes to our next destination the Public park where we'll be setting up our bar-b-ques for hamburgers, hotdogs, salads and deserts. This park area is large enough to accomodate all the cars and has public washrooms as well as built in hibachi's. You can see the Queenston-Lewiston boarder crossing from the park. If you can bring a cooler it would help with cooling the drinks and water, and those who would like to bring a salad or desert please PM me with your intentions.

Once the eats are finished we'll cruise to the go-carts which is about a 15 minjute run from the park (we're pretty close to the QEW, so the supercharged cars can fall in behind the na's so they can have a head start to the go-carts! Go carts will cost about $20-25 per person usually for about 7-10 laps. We did this track last time we had ONBF in the Falls. Please stay off the Gorilla! Ever since Gonneville molested the poor thing, he hasn't been nice to visitors since (btw the thting is made of iron!).

After go-carts our remainder of the day is open for members to decide upon. We can cruise Clifton Hill and past the Falls or just find another parking area and chill. The choice is up to you.

Sunday is open for a mods / detailing day at my place in Welland for the locals (about 20 minutes outside of Niagara Falls), or for anyone who wants to stay over night in the Falls. I sense that most people though are only planning for the main day of Saturday, but I am extending an open invitation for anyone to come to my place to work on cars (althought I must admit I have a very limited tool chest) but have a garage (if it rains). The door is open for you all! I have room in the backyard even if someone is interested in pitching a tent Saturday night, but unfortunately my couch is small and you'd have to kick the Shepherd and two cats of of them if you wanted to crash at my place inside!

Our cruise on the Niagara parkway takes us past several stops for pics if the need be, as well as some nice lookout points of the Niagara Gorge, Brock Monument, Fort George, Queenston Heights, and Niagara River. We are deep in a herritage rich area (basically where Canada (and the British) kicked the US's butt back in the war of 1812).

So let me know how these plans sit with all of you as I'm open to other ideas and considerations.

Brianj

Don't forget I'll have some door prizes to give away including a Motorola Bluetooth which we'll draw randomly from a hat with tickets that I'll provide all of you with at our dinner.

I look forward to seeing all of you out next Saturday! Have a safe journey to and from the meet!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

2008 Buick Enclave CXL
Brian

My personal congratulations on an epic effort in setting this all up. I am truly impressed with the itinerary and care to make sure all attendees will have a spectacular time. For the visitors driving in, this really makes it worth it. Again...awesome..thank you.

For the GTA locals. I'd like to propose 1 of 2 things. I am centrally located off the QEW right on Hurontario. My building has the driveway facilities and some parking for those that want to meet up at my place. From there we can hop onto the QEW westbound and start our journey.

Square One is also a point to start, but my place might be easier.

Thoughts?

I'd like to have a 10:15am departure, so if everyone can be there for 1000am we can get going. Depending on weather, there will be traffic thru Oakville. There is a heavy police presence these days, please be aware of our stiff road laws, 50kph over the limit and they WILL take your car, charge you with street racing and possibly be handed a $2000 fine. 120kph is the maximum speed I would take. 110-115 kph is best. You have been warned! :)

Lets hope mother natures plays nicely with us.

08 Buick Enclave CXL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:21 pm 
SLE Member
SLE Member

Year and Trim: 2000 ssei
as some of you people need the internet during the meet i will be hooking up my portable internet during the meet so you guys can post pics and stuff during the meet.....

robert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:29 am 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Location: North of Buffalo, NY __Been there, done that, got the t-shirts
Year and Trim: 2000 SLE
Next Sat is the 19th yes? I corrected the post above that said Sat the 20th... just wanted to make sure that it was Sat and not Sun the 20th. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:28 am 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

2006 GP GXP
Thanks Tracy! You would be correct.....the main event is the 19th Saturday!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:48 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 1995 SSei
1987 GN 16K Original
That looks like a great setup. I should know if Ill be in that area as of this coming Wensday 16th, So Ill keep posted here,
hopefully i get to make it

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:27 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

2006 GP GXP
fingers are crossed, would love to have you there Chris! :banana:

Hope you can make it!

Updated attendance list as of Friday July 17 (10pm):

labonnevillastrangiato (Adam & Lissa)
Rocket 98 (Eric)
Brianj & Lisa (Brian)
robpych (Robert)
Phoenix (Darren)
repinS (Jerry)
firebuick (Don & Linda)
Maymybonneliveforever (Frank and Kathy and Katie)
aCid ()
Final_Drive220 (Justin)
smellbird (Seth) Pontiac Bonneville Club
allmachtige (Kyle) Pontiac Bonneville Club
JimW (Jim & Angie) Pontiac Bonneville Club
peterg220000 (Peter) Pontiac Bonneville Club
tripscarcare95(Chris and fiance)

Maybe's (Haven't heard from):

Soly13
Thunderhand (Rick)
jarvisx2000

Last edited by brianj on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:19 am 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Lesabre Custom
Hmmm it seems i have two issues at hand. Now i am a local but unfortunately i will be working on Sat the 19th. I also still do not own a Bonneville. Other then that i can meet you guys on Sunday, is their anything going on for the 20th? if so let me know.

-FWI, Arctic Purple (8,500K), Output: 12V100W Bulbs, Custom "Y" after cat exhaust setup (deep low rumble), 20% bronze tint to match paint, Custom ghetto gold Bonneville rims(outer lip sanded and polished). Park Ave chrome grill.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:28 am 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 1993 SSEi, Red Bonnechetta
2003 GMC Envoy SLT
I think non-Bonneville cars are welcome...

J/K I KNOW non-Bonneville cars are welcome! Lets hope you get the day off.

Brian:
Others have said it, but hats off to you for organizing this event. It promises to be a lot of fun!
My wife, Lissa will be coming, so add her to the list!

Let us know if you'd like us to bring something!

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Adam, Lissa and Bonnesaurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:46 am 
Administrator
Administrator

2008 Buick Enclave CXL
Brian, another quick addition to the roster in case you missed it. Angie will be joining me that day!

08 Buick Enclave CXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:11 pm 
SSEi Member
SSEi Member

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Lesabre Custom
Yes Jim W!, i still remember our little mini meet last year, But hey Jim try not to be so shy this time. :wink: I'm just breaking your balls bud :banana:

-FWI, Arctic Purple (8,500K), Output: 12V100W Bulbs, Custom "Y" after cat exhaust setup (deep low rumble), 20% bronze tint to match paint, Custom ghetto gold Bonneville rims(outer lip sanded and polished). Park Ave chrome grill.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:11 pm 
Posts like an LG3
Posts like an LG3

Year and Trim: 2001 Silver SLE
Going to try to make it this year ppl. Right now we're just finishing up our holidays and back to work next week.
GM up our #'s for the Impala, so we could be working Overtime that weekend. Will know more when i get back
to work and i'll let you know for sure. Funny thing the hubby and i were just at NOTL on Thursday and thought
about going back....lol

Deb

Member of the "Blown Tranny Club"
harofreak00 wrote:
No performance shift and ride options. Just fast and stiff all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:40 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

2006 GP GXP
Baileyjack wrote:
Going to try to make it this year ppl. Right now we're just finishing up our holidays and back to work next week.
GM up our #'s for the Impala, so we could be working Overtime that weekend. Will know more when i get back
to work and i'll let you know for sure. Funny thing the hubby and i were just at NOTL on Thursday and thought
about going back....lol

Deb

I hope you get lots of work Deb! But tell GM to wait til ONBF is over before they start that Impala line again! :)

Hope to see you there!

Soly13 Sunday is touch and go, depends on who is interested.......stay tuned saturday evening for up to the minute updates! I hoped some of us would get together to mod and detail some cars back at my place. Depends on if anyone plans to stay over saturday night in Niagara Falls or not. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:15 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

2006 GP GXP
Well only 4 more days to go! :banana:

Here is an update of some things to consider for Saturday and Sunday.

Looks like it will be a pretty HOT day! Weather forcasters are predicting temps in the 30's! There is a 50% chance of showers (I have planned for them to come after the meet!).

Therefore I suggest everyone consider bringing the following with them for Saturday's meet:

Lawn chairs
Sun block (tanning lotion)
Umbrella
Comfortable walking shoes
Light clothing (none preffered but then I again I can't picture Frank this way!)
Full tank of gas (currently it's $1.35/L for 87, $1.49/L for 94).
Hats
Sun glasses (a must for the go-kart track or you won't be able to keep your eyes open on the course!)
Cooler and Ice.......I have pop and water but if you have a cooler I can dispurce some to everyone in between the cruises.
FRS 2-way radio (if you have one or two they are great when we're on the road in a group!)

I suggest that anyone staying the night in Niagara Falls do so on Lundy's Lane. There are about 50 motels in a 4 block strip in this area. Tourism is down HUGE in the Falls this year, so rates should be pretty good and availability should also be good. Some places might even offer free gas and other incentives to stay at so check and barter before you book!

Those staying overnight let me know and I'll meet you for breakfast Sunday morning. I know of a couple nice reasonable spots to go for a nice breakfast.

BTW since we will be driving during a large portion of the meet this will be a NON-Alcoholic event. If those riding shotgun wish to drink something other than pop/coffee or water, I would appreciate out of respect for the drivers that you do it discretely. :wink:

If I have missed anything let me know and I'll update this thread!

4 more days! So who else is excited??? :bwoohoo:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 pm 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Seth and myself shall be leaving in 7.5hrs.

415/391

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

2008 Buick Enclave CXL
PeterG, BigErik, Frank, Jerry...are you guys all ok with coming down to meet up at 10am at my place?

Is Rick coming as well?

08 Buick Enclave CXL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next