It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:41 am 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
2006 GP GXP
Looks like Don and Linda from Montreal are well on their way and right on schedule! Good work guys. =D>

Hope you guys have the French translator ready! :)

Ok so it's a trip off to Crappy Tire for me then off to meet a bunch of Bonnie nuts!

See you guys and gals in a bit! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:55 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 1995 SSei
1987 GN 16K Original
Thanks Brian and Lisa

Kel and I had a great time meeting up with everyone. Other than the weather everything worked out perfect. The food was good and the prizes were great.

It was nice meeting everyone :beerchug:

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:02 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 1993 SSEi, Red Bonnechetta
2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Thanks to Brian, Lisa, Darren and everyone else for making ONBF 2008 a success!

The food was great, as Chris mentioned, so were the prizes. Too bad the weather turned fugly on us. Still, a great time with a lot of great people. Can't wait to do it again!

Cheers,
Adam & Lissa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:44 am 

Year and Trim: 09 G8 GT
Gotta give my props to everybody who made this an awesome day even with all the rain.

I'm dead tired, so pics to ensue later. Here are a few:

After we got back to Mississauga near Jim's I set up some lights..

more to come..

09 Lexus LS460 AWD -- 94,000km -- Daily Driver
09 White Hot G8 GT -- 155,000km (fuelly) -- LS3 Cam -- GM LS3 CNC Ported Heads -- Kooks 1 3/4" Long Tube Headers -- Solo Catback Midsection -- Hooker Maxflow Mufflers -- Pat G Tune -- Rotofab Intake -- Tein S-Tech Springs -- GXP FE3 Dampers -- BMR Subframe Cradle Inserts -- BMR Subframe Connectors -- Forgestar F14 Gold 18x9 +40 -- Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/45/18 -- Maverick Man Carbon Fiber Spoiler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:38 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
2006 GP GXP
Well I guess everone has beat me to the punch but anyways I'd like to take this opportunity to personally thank everyone who made it out this year for their participation that once again made ONBF a huge sucess! Rain didn't dampen our spirits or our fun, and certainly not our appetites either. I hope you all had enough to eat, and enjoyed everyone's company!

Our grand door prize winner this year was Kelly (Chris's fiance (Tripscarcare95)), who is now the proud owner of a Motorola bluetooth headset (I hope she has a cell phone! )

Darren was a life saver bringing his gas grill, otherwise we would have had a bunch of hungry car people as my stupid charcoal grill wouldn't light (guess I'm too used to using my gas grill at home that I forgot how to get a charcoal fire going, plus doing it in the rain didn't help much!)

Thanks also go out to the Pontiac Bonneville Club contingent that showed up this year. It's great to see that regardless of your club affiliation, the ultimate goal is for people who share a common bond of the love of our cars getting together and having a bunch of kick a$$ fun! Thanks goto JimW, PeterG22000, tripscarcare95 (Chris), Allmachtige and smellbird (Kyle and Seth) for coming out. JimW thanks go out to Angie for that awesome greek pasta salad (my favorite)!

There were some awesome looking cars out this year! peterg22000's 92 Black SSEi showed off it's mirror like finish like I have never seen on a black car before! Pete, where the heck were all the swirls????? Justin's (Final_Drive220) 90 was a fine example of what started the SSE's popularity. This car is full of LED's in tons of places. Anyone who needs advice on LED lighting, Justin is Da'man!

Don and Linda made the trek again this year from Montreal! Thanks Don for coming out! I hope I made your drive worth while!

It was a pleasant surprise to see Rick (Thunderhand) out again this year. We're all glad you made it out!

Adam and Lissa (labonnevillastrangiato) were a fun bunch of party animals who kept Chris and Kelly (tripscarcare95) entertained. Lissa's eyes lit up when I announced I was handing out condoms in the goodie bags!

Erik (Rocket98) it was nice to see you out. I hope you get all your codes cleared and fixed up!

Frank and Kathy along with Katie, as usual provided us with fun times and great conversation. I even think Frank might have gotten into some of the pics again this year (only Jerry can confirm this). Thanks for the salads and veggie trays!

Jerry thanks again for being our field photographer for the event. I'm getting excited waiting to see your shots!

ONBF 2008 is now history folks, but the fun times and memories of the day will last us a lifetime! Thanks again to all who attended, and I look forward to seeing you and maybe many more out next year!

Here's the final list of attendee's:

labonnevillastrangiato (Adam & Lissa)
Rocket 98 (Eric)
Brianj (brian)
Lisaj (Lisa)
robpych (Robert)
Phoenix (Darren)
repinS (Jerry)
firebuick (Don & Linda)
Maymybonneliveforever (Frank and Kathy and Katie)
Final_Drive220 (Justin and Dad)
Thunderhand (Rick)
smellbird (Seth) Pontiac Bonneville Club
Allmachtige (Kyle) Pontiac Bonneville Club
JimW (Jim & Angie) Pontiac Bonneville Club
peterg220000 (Peter) Pontiac Bonneville Club
tripscarcare95(Chris and Kelly) Pontiac Bonneville Club

14 cars, 23 people.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:00 pm 
Posts like an L36
Posts like an L36

Year and Trim: 1993 SSEi, Red Bonnechetta
2003 GMC Envoy SLT
:) The "condoms" turned out to be sunscreen.
I have a few to contribute!

Meeting place, Tim Hortons parking lot, NOTL:

The above pics were taken during what sunshine we got to enjoy, but man it was HUMID! Lissa and I were so hot, as my A/C isn't working. We were sort of glad it rained, at least it made us cooler!

In NOTL, downtown. This is about the only way to get a picture of Frank:

See it getting cloudy? Oh oh. We got back to the cars and departed for the picnic just in time. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the bbq.

The food, conversation, and prizes were GREAT! Lissa and I won a couple of toy remote control cars that our 5 year old son, Ethan is just loving!

Brian and Darren, and everyone else that contributed did a great job organizing and feeding everyone!
Big thanks to Erik for loaning his scanner to me. I found 3 codes that I must take care of, the worse being the O2 sensor. Also my TPS voltage is too high :cry:

Also to Frank. Frank brought a new steering wheel for me, and ABS brain! My steering wheel is pretty nasty looking, so I can't wait to change that. Frank and I need to connect with webcams to exchange some guitar playing ideas!

Cheers,
Adam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:01 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP

Formerly known around here as BigErik.
Just reminiscing....

That was a good day! Some great folks who I haven’t seen in way too long.

I remember my bloody car was acting up on the drive back. My new super duper plug wires were too long, and one was grounding against something. But good trooper that she was, she got me home safe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6