It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
Hello all,

New member here with a '92 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI with a series I supercharged 3.8

It's a great car, was in great shape, been off the road in dry storage for over 10 years.

Unfortunately it had a spark issue at some point past summer and the garage didn't know what they were doing. To some garages over here American is as foreign as foreign back in the US... if you follow.

They tore into the electronics/electrics without any knowledge or finesse. It's a mess, I've dealt with a lot worse.

The worst thing they did was leave the rear two windows cracked and the drivers window down completely and lose the key. It has about an inch of water in the rear footwells and is soaking wet up front.

Went to pick it up and had to drill out the ignition just to get it out of park and steering lock.

From what I can tell so far, EVERYTHING electrical works! Excepts the ignition circuit. I'll start a thread on that.

As nice as this car is, I just bought it for the motor :icon_conf

I'm going to get it running and drive it for a few months, then use the seats in a different project, the motor for yet another and sell the rest and scrap the body.

It's a bit of a shame because it's a very straight rust free car.

But you can't keep them all.

Hop y'all can help me get the info I need to get this motor runnin!

Here's the only 2 snaps I've had a chance to take... haven't even had time to wash it yet, getting into it 2morrow hopefully. Need her to run. Then treat her well, a good tune up etc.

Even the interior ligths!:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Year and Trim: 1992 SSE
2009 G8 GT
Welcome! Love the car.

WHITE WHINE - 1992 SSE Supercharged 236.26 ci (.040 Over) 15.090 at 90.2 MPH on old engine w/ slipping trans & melted O2 sensor - Gen 3 M62 and matching TB, Gen 2 Pully, Zillamotorsports Ported LIM, YT 1.72 Roller Rockers, SII FPR & Injectors, Hypertech Thermomaster chip w/ 160 Thermo, TransGo Shift Kit, Infinity/Pioneer Speakers and 10" Subs, 1300 watts, 140 amp Alternator, Ricepipe CAI w/ heatshield, Pilot Angel Eye Foglights, Clear Corners, '02 17" Chrome Bent 5's, Magnaflow F-Body Muffler and Hi-flo Cat, Ceramic Coated Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Fan Override
2009 G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, loaded, SOLO Axlebacks, Rotofab Intake, Tuned, autodim mirror, removed intake manifold cover, HSV GTS triple gauge pod, two tone red-hot shifter and HSV SuperSport steering wheel, GXP rear sway bar and diffuser, 3.45 diff and various Camaro suspension bits, LED Taillights

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:45 am 
Retired Site Developer
Retired Site Developer

Year and Trim: '17 Silverado 1500
Welcome! Looks identical to Saturn Simon's, he's in Britain, looks like you're somewhere in the Netherlands area? Good luck with it.

Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:17 am 
Posts like an L27
Posts like an L27

Year and Trim: 1996 SSEi
If you do scrap the body, I'm interested in the side mirrors! Love the car though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:32 pm 
SE Member
SE Member

Year and Trim: 1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
if anyone can help me with the wiring that would be killer.

What am I going to find under the dash/behind glovebox on a 92? (it's been messed with trying to get it running again)

the car came without a key, how to bypass VATS without access to radioshack or the origional key...

:dontknow: