It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:02 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SSEI
I Just bought my 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI, and there are problems with the Instrument Panel, as well as the fact that i have no turn signals, cruise control, or any windshield defrost. If there is anyone here that may have an idea about how i can fix these problems, i would be very great full.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:56 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonniville SSEi L67
HI, welcome to the club, do the hazard lights work?.....your manual......l https://my.gm.com/content/dam/gmownerce ... owners.pdf

- there is no fuse for signals

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:47 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
There is a chance the problems are related, but since you don't really know the history of the car, they could be items that failed independently over time and were just never fixed.

If you move the turn signal lever for a left or right signal and hear the relay clicking behind the hazard switch, it suggests the switch is working correctly and the problem is further down the line. Otherwise, you may have a faulty switch which may also explain the cruise control problem. The signal relay/hazard light module is definitely not a common problem with these cars. Silly question I'm sure, but have you checked all the bulbs? These cars do tend to be hard on bulbs, especially tail lamp park/brake lights.

I can look at schematics over the next day or two. If these faults all share components with a common ground, you may have a problem there. Having said this, this vintage of Bonneville is not known to have ground issues (on a regular basis).

Is there anything aftermarket in the car (stereo, remote starter, etc.)??? I'm seldom surprised to hear about problems developing if people have been messing around with the wiring. I run across very few aftermarket installations that have been done well. This could also explain where some of these issues arose.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:03 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 2002 SSEI
Just wanted to give an update on the Electrical issues, after a few days of screwing around under the Dash and checking and rechecking the wiring schematics and testing continuity time after time, the problem got narrowed down to a break in the Ignition 1 circuit. after running a jumper wire around the break, power was gained to the Dash Integration Module, and all of my electrical issues have been solved!

I am grateful to all those who replied to this thread and offered advice and suggestions, and i thank all of you, and have yourselves a very wonderful rest of your day!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:09 pm 
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead

Year and Trim: 2004 GXP, 2008 STS, 2020 XT6
That is a very unusual problem in these cars. I'm extremely familiar with pretty much all the wiring in these and am curious what exactly caused the fault. Normally, I have only seen oddball problems like this related to incorrectly installed aftermarket products.

Bose Luxury Sound System w/Touch Screen Navigation, Addition of Factory XM, 2005 MY Antenna, OnStar Upgrade (3G),
RainSense Wipers, Backup Camera, '00 Style Door Panel Courtesy Lights, Heated Washer Solvent, 2X Remote Trunk Release,
Turn Signal Mirrors, Center Console Courtesy Lamp, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, PVD Chrome 18" Factory Rims, Upgraded
Carbon Fibre Appearance Interior Trim, Highly Modified Main Body Harness, Instrument Panel, Door, Door Panel & Headliner
Wiring Harnesses, Custom Fuse Box & Tire and Loading Information Decals, Additional Acoustic Insulation