It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:21 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 1996 Bonneville SSEi
Hello, Bonnevillagers (Bonnevillites?),
I own a 1996 SSEI 4-door sedan which I would like to sell by the end of the year. Although I love the car and it is in very good shape, I am now in my twilight years and I would like to spend my final days on this planet driving a new car. Not to mention that, as a senior citizen, the latest automotive safety features have become very important to me.
I would like to sell the car to a Bonneville lover who will appreciate it, but I have no idea how to price it. Blue Book value on a 22 year old car is of course meaningless, so I thought I would turn to you Bonny experts for advice.
The car now has 125,000 miles on it. I am not a car guy but several mechanics have told me that the 3800 V6 engine is one of the best Pontiac ever made and it will never die --- the car will fall apart around it.
In terms of maintenance, because I know very little about cars, whenever something has gone wrong, or didn’t feel right, I immediately took it to my Pontiac dealership for service --- my point being that the car has been professionally maintained for its entire life. Here’s a rundown of the most recent major work:
• 2011-12: brake lines, pads & rotors replaced
• 2013: A/C compressor, condenser & programmer replaced
• 2014: new intake manifold gaskets
• 2015: new subframe and mounts
• 2017: new supercharger (very expensive part!), new radiator, windshield wiper cover & switch, spark plugs
• 2018: new fuel pipe, fuel lines & filter
I have kept the maintenance invoices for all this work which I will give to the new owner.
In terms of features, it’s fully loaded with 18-way seat adjustment (9 buttons on console), AM/FM radio plus a 12- disc cd changer in the trunk with all controls on the steering wheel, heads up display, controls for performance vs normal shift and performance vs touring ride, traction control, fog lights, sunroof, power everything --- heck, it’s an SSEI! --- and everything is in working order. Also, I had a Hornet car alarm installed: the key fob locks and unlocks the doors and trunk plus has buttons to control other functions I don’t even understand.
Cosmetically, the car looks good to me! The exterior is black with a taupe interior with wood trim. No dents or dings that I can see and the paint job still looks pretty good, although there are a few light scratches here and there. The rear seat is roomy as is the trunk, which has a cargo net.
Not sure what else to tell you. Please let me know if you need more information. I would like to put a fair price on the car and ideally would like it to end up in the hands of a fellow Pontiac lover!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:57 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 2003 SLE
No matter what, you won't top a few thousand dollars for the car. They're not necessarily sought after or desirable.

Try to post it locally, or on Facebook if you can. I'd likely start at $3000 if the car is in trulllllllly great shape.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:31 pm 
Certified Bonneville Nut
Certified Bonneville Nut

Year and Trim: 1993 Buick Park Avenue
1994 Buick Regal Custom
Where are you located?

1993 Buick Park Avenue - 197k - Some odds and ends done - Simply won't die
1994 Buick Regal - 78k - Bone stock - Always ready for a good kicking
1990 Oldsmobile 88 - Gone to a better place

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:59 pm 
LE Member

Year and Trim: 1996 Bonneville SSEi
Thanks for the replies.
I was figuring a few thousand dollars for the car.
I'm located in Mount Kisco, NY, which is in Westchester county, about an hour north of Manhattan. Another landmark for you: Bill & Hillary Clinton live in Chappaqua --- I'm five minutes north.
---Steve
P.S. Is it legal to offer the car for sale here on the forum? I don't want to break any rules. Maybe a Moderator can chime in?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:22 pm 
Posts like a Northstar
Posts like a Northstar

Year and Trim: 2000 Bonniville SSEi L67
for-sale-or-trade/

this is the place where others wheel and deal.......she is old and is a cabin cruiser that wallows when pushed - I would expect to pay 900 - 1800 max but you may get lucky

2000 SSEi
past rides:
1996 SSEi
1992 GTP
1987 Grand Am